It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Civil marriage first: A temple wedding petition.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 am 
God

Pahoran sure is invested in defending this arbitrary, non-doctrine based policy. Maybe he likes it so much because it's so fundamentally unnecessary and mean-spirited - just like him.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 am 
Nursery

Pahoran wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:
I post about a religion that I know to be false with complete certainty.

No. You do not.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
I have not allowed them in my home for over six years now. I made it very clear to the current bishop and then the next bishop that they keep their home teachers and primary teachers out of my family life or I would fill his office with questioning doubters.

So your beer gut is so huge you could fill his office on your own, is it?

See PP, if you weren't such an insecure manipulator, you'd be content to say "please do not contact me" without resorting to threats and ultimatums.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
So far he has honored that agreement and so have I.

He, because he is an honourable man, and you, because your threat was empty anyway.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
I chose to exit the LDS religious façade and felt it was my duty as a father to lead my children out as well.

Because you are too immature, insecure and posessive to be able to bear the thought of them enjoying the privileges you have spurned. They have to sit at home watching you guzzle beer instead.

What are you going to do if, when they grow up, they decide they want to come back to the Church? Beat it out of them?

Regards,
Pahoran
Geezus! No wonder some say Mormons aren't Christian. This guy certainly doesn't have the slightest clue what Christ was talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm 
Pahoran wrote:
Because you are too immature, insecure and posessive to be able to bear the thought of them enjoying the privileges you have spurned. They have to sit at home watching you guzzle beer instead.

What are you going to do if, when they grow up, they decide they want to come back to the Church? Beat it out of them?

You know what, Pahoran? It is THIS style of posting you do that is embarrassing.

I understand that Port posts a lot of smack about the Church. I get it. But you have no right to attack his standing as a responsible parent. That is WAY out of line.

I have known Port personally for years. He has six beautiful children, and loves them more than life itself. He has sacrificed everything for them. You have no idea what this man has been through over the past two years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:32 am 
Prophet

This whole temple marriage thing is one of the church's best strong arm tactics. If you want to attend a family member's wedding you have to jump through all the hoops. It will cost you free labor and ten percent of your income. You really have to buy your way into the temple and the church is the beneficiary.

If a couple decides to have a real wedding and wait for one year for the temple sealing, they will be given a story about some couple who did the same and were killed in a car accident before they were able to be sealed. They will also be told that they are putting the world before the church. God really frowns on that. The church is using fear to make people conform.

If the church decided to let non-members or unworthy members into the sealing they would lose this tactic of conformity. People would also see how lame the sealing really is and wonder what all the hype was about. If the church took away the one year waiting period then people would have real weddings and the sealing could be done a week later. Temple weddings could take a back seat to real weddings. What if everyone started doing that? This sealing thing wouldn't be nearly as ominous.

As it stands, if a couple decides to have a real wedding, then the church has a year to heap on the fear and indoctrination. This couple will have to be kick-ass members for a year if they want to be sealed. They will also be held up as an example of what not to do.