It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Civil marriage first: A temple wedding petition.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Please go sign this petition, it would prevent future heartache: http://www.templeweddingpetition.org/enter/4901.html

~ Simone de Beauvoir

Post subject: Re: Civil marriage first: A temple wedding petition.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm 
God

The Brethren don't care about the heartbreak of the families.

They want to keep people in the cult plain and simple. The more they have to sacrifice, the deeper the commitment to the cult.

Hell, they have all the members so deceived that they would fight against such a petition. I've had this discussion on MAD before. The general consensus is that it would piss God off to have a civil wedding first.

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Scottie wrote:
The Brethren don't care about the heartbreak of the families.

They want to keep people in the cult plain and simple. The more they have to sacrifice, the deeper the commitment to the cult.

Hell, they have all the members so deceived that they would fight against such a petition. I've had this discussion on MAD before. The general consensus is that it would piss God off to have a civil wedding first.

I know the petition will be ignored. At the same time, I'd like these ladies to go to the Brother-hen with more than 300 signatures.

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 pm 
tired, less active investigator

I wrote them the hungarian rules.
They didn't list it.

Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Paraguay, Uruguay or Turkey seem to be more important.

Damn...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm 
the very elect

Why not just plan your own wedding?

Seriously, if you choose to remain in the cult, BUT you want a regular wedding then why not just f*****g do that?

And in which ever order you like. Civil first, temple second, or vica-versa.

If the bishop gives you s*** for it tell him to stay out of your life.

With most temple weddings involving TBM families on both sides, it is the culture that really keeps this from ever changing.

Additionally most TBMs are tightwads who see the supposed free use of the temple for the ceremony and free use of the gymnasium for the reception, reason to ask why pay for a civil ceremony and reception?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:11 pm 
God

I'm with Porter.

What is wrong with you, Toronto. Can't just say "no" and do the civil wedding? So many others do and have done it.

Why go along with a façade and make it appear to everybody that you're a committed Mormon? Why not be true to your internal self and cease being such a edited by harmony: violation of Rule #2?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:21 pm 
the very elect

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I'm with Porter.

What is wrong with you, Toronto. Can't just say "no" and do the civil wedding? So many others do and have done it.

Why go along with a façade and make it appear to everybody that you're a committed Mormon? Why not be true to your internal self and cease being such a edited by harmony: violation of Rule #2?

Or why not just have your weddings how ever and where ever you wish?

If he chooses to be a NOM, so be it. If he chooses to allow his unwitting children into the same, so be it.

Point is that there too many Mormons who bow to the authority of LDS Inc, where in reality it does not exist.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:22 pm 
My daughter is getting married in a few weeks. Her fiancé was baptized last year. His family is all non-members.

My daughter's grandfather is sealing them in the temple that morning. Later that afternoon, they are going to have a very nice ring ceremony for family who cannot attend the temple. There is no officiator. They have written their own vows. Her Dad is going to walk her down the aisle. Her brother and cousin are going to be the ring bearer and flower girl. She has her girlfriends for bridesmaids and he has his buddies for the groomsmen. Again, THERE IS NO OFFICIATOR. They will say their little written vows to each other and exchange rings.

After the ceremony, the reception will follow.

The bishop is completely on board with what we are doing. I think we have found a compromise that works for everyone. My future son-in-law's parents are perfectly fine with what we're doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:24 pm 
the very elect

liz3564 wrote:
My future son-in-law's parents are perfectly fine with what we're doing.

Well besides the fact that he joined a cult.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:
My daughter is getting married in a few weeks. Her fiancé was baptized last year. His family is all non-members.

My daughter's grandfather is sealing them in the temple that morning. Later that afternoon, they are going to have a very nice ring ceremony for family who cannot attend the temple. There is no officiator. They have written their own vows. Her Dad is going to walk her down the aisle. Her brother and cousin are going to be the ring bearer and flower girl. She has her girlfriends for bridesmaids and he has his buddies for the groomsmen. Again, THERE IS NO OFFICIATOR. They will say their little written vows to each other and exchange rings.

After the ceremony, the reception will follow.

The bishop is completely on board with what we are doing. I think we have found a compromise that works for everyone. My future son-in-law's parents are perfectly fine with what we're doing.

That's all fine and good but that isn't what Porter is saying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 pm 
God

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
My future son-in-law's parents are perfectly fine with what we're doing.

One man's cult is another's deeply-seated faith in the Divine.

You're certainly a self-flagellating victim here by continuing to post about a religion you despise. Still accepting home teachers? I'll bet you do!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:27 pm 
I'm just saying that there are compromises that can work for everyone. The thing for everyone to remember is that ultimately, it is about the couple.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 pm 
the very elect

Yahoo Bot wrote:
You're certainly a self-flagellating victim here by continuing to post about a religion you despise. Still accepting home teachers? I'll bet you do!

I post about a religion that I know to be false with complete certainty.

Me? Home teachers in my home? f*** no.

I have not allowed them in my home for over six years now. I made it very clear to the current bishop and then the next bishop that they keep their home teachers and primary teachers out of my family life or I would fill his office with questioning doubters.

So far he has honored that agreement and so have I.

I chose to exit the LDS religious façade and felt it was my duty as a father to lead my children out as well.

I found zero benefit in remaining.

Others both here on this board and others that I know IRL have made a choice to remain. IMO it would be disingenuous to force or allow my children to participate in something I knew was nothing more than a man made religion, as are all religions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:40 pm 
God

Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
Scottie wrote:

Yes, that's what all the foulest bigots call it.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

See?

Regards,
Pahoran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
God

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

We all know that isn't true. You, who really have demonstrated so little knowledge about LDS history and doctrine, suspect the Church is true but want to get your fix with other foul oppressors so that you can feel better about what you are doing.

You're obviously not a scholar, spending time publishing in the area.

You're obviously not a defender, willing to spend time defending what he loves.

No, you're a persecutor, a person willing to crucify Him anew; otherwise, you'd not waste your time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
God

LDSToronto wrote:
Please go sign this petition, it would gratify the apostates:

There. Fixed it for you.

LDSToronto wrote:
I know the petition will be ignored. At the same time, I'd like these ladies to go to the Brother-hen with more than 300 signatures.

H.

Since you don't know, let me explain to you how real Latter-day Saints view this issue.

Here in New Zealand, for many years we were not able to have actual temple weddings; we had to have civil marriages first and be sealed afterwards. The members lobbied the government for years to change the law so that temple weddings would be legal.

In all that time, there was not one faithful Church member who dissented.

And it won't matter if you get 300 signatures or 300,000 signatures; there will be not one faithful Church member among them.

And the brethren will know that.

Regards,
Pahoran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:57 pm 
God

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

No. You do not.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
I have not allowed them in my home for over six years now. I made it very clear to the current bishop and then the next bishop that they keep their home teachers and primary teachers out of my family life or I would fill his office with questioning doubters.

So your beer gut is so huge you could fill his office on your own, is it?

See PP, if you weren't such an insecure manipulator, you'd be content to say "please do not contact me" without resorting to threats and ultimatums.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

He, because he is an honourable man, and you, because your threat was empty anyway.

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
I chose to exit the LDS religious façade and felt it was my duty as a father to lead my children out as well.

Because you are too immature, insecure and posessive to be able to bear the thought of them enjoying the privileges you have spurned. They have to sit at home watching you guzzle beer instead.

What are you going to do if, when they grow up, they decide they want to come back to the Church? Beat it out of them?

Regards,
Pahoran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:14 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Holy s***. Who the hell knew a simple request would bring out all the assholes on the board?

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 pm 
God

LDSToronto wrote:
Holy s***. Who the hell knew a simple request would bring out all the assholes on the board?

H.

That's not a very nice thing to say about your supporters, H.

Regards,
Pahoran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm 
the very elect

Pahoran wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:

No. You do not.
Prove that I do not know for myself.

Pahoran wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:

See PP, if you weren't such an insecure manipulator, you'd be content to say "please do not contact me" without resorting to threats and ultimatums.
To clarify for the fuzzy frenzied kiwi on the small side of this and the small side of the globe, my initial request was as simple as that. When he told me it was HIS duty to protect HIS members, I decided to bite back. Stay out of my family and I will stay out of what he supposes to be his.

Pahoran wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:

He, because he is an honourable[sic] man, and you, because your threat was empty anyway.
Is that all you have? BTW, please use the American English spell checker when posting here, and not the kiwi one, K?

Pahoran wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:

Because you are too immature, insecure and posessive[sic] to be able to bear the thought of them enjoying the privileges you have spurned. They have to sit at home watching you guzzle beer instead.
Dear precious Brother Kiwi, why do I get your fuzzy little feathers so ruffled that you must resort to attacking me as the father of my children?

I rarely drink beer, but when I do, I like to sip it from a frosted glass.

As for my children, they will pursue their dreams as shaped by their own ambitions and guided by my direction. My son's will not waste two years pushing a religion that nearly all of the world does not want. My daughters will not be coerced into marrying one of these returned salesman, rather they will too pursue their dreams.

Additionally, my children will not waste precious sleep to attend what amounts to nothing more than indoctrination and cult bonding(aka early morning seminary)

Not that it is any of your business, but my oldest begins his pursuit of his BSCS this fall within the UC system in California.

Pah wrote:
What are you going to do if, when they grow up, they decide they want to come back to the Church? Beat it out of them?

I know my children much better than you do Pah. I have successfully demonstrated the fallacies of not only the LDS façade to my children but of all religions. That coupled with their disdain for attending church, we are a happy family of atheists.

As long as my children can show me that they are fully aware, they are free to make their choices in life. As their father I am here to guide them.

Pah wrote:
Regards,
Pahoran

You are such a two faced son-of-a-bitch, Pah. Is this typical for Kiwi Mormons? Or just the white ones?

Last edited by Polygamy-Porter on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 pm 
θεά

Pahoran wrote:
Since you don't know, let me explain to you how real Latter-day Saints view this issue.

Here in New Zealand, for many years we were not able to have actual temple weddings; we had to have civil marriages first and be sealed afterwards. The members lobbied the government for years to change the law so that temple weddings would be legal.

In all that time, there was not one faithful Church member who dissented.

So I guess you don't regard Kevin Barney as a "faithful" member of your church nor a "real Latter-day Saint"?

Kevin Barney wrote:
What would a guest blogging stint be without a little friendly ark steadying? To wit: I propose that the Church do away with its policy that requires a one-year wait between a civil marriage ceremony outside the temple and a temple sealing.

[SNIP]

If I had it to do over again, I would have preferred to have a simple civil ceremony where *all* of our family and loved ones could be present, to be folllowed immediately by a temple sealing. But even without the policy change I suggest, I think that if I had it to do over again, I would have waited to get sealed.

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... ge-policy/