It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mormonism and GTA 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm 
Valiant A

MsJack said that she enjoyed playing GTA 3 in another thread, and I was reminded of the post she made about her approval of Kevin Whateverhisname trolling me by accusing me of being Will the hilarious Mormon Misogynist. While it might seem that these two events are unrelated, both are indicative of a very serious issues that I have with MsJack and other religious people in modern American. The problem with them is that they want to have their cake, and eat it too. You can't claim to believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ (or the values Mormonism purports to teach) and also enjoy a game that glories in violence, prostitution, and drugs. The idea that you can is as absurd as saying you can believe that violence is wrong and go watch a gladiatorial match. Even though GTA 3 does not involve real people, it is still based on the enjoyment of the parts of our personality that Christianity teaches us to suppress. The religious people that think they can ignore this are intellectually dishonest fools who deserve to be called out for their remarkable hypocrisy. I sincerely dislike MsJack, in case you couldn't tell.

Post subject: Re: Mormonism and GTA 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:10 pm 
I have enjoyed the various incarnations of GTA3, especially when you enable the cheat codes and make yourself invincible. You can do anything you want!

I also like Mafia and Madia 2 (similar games).

Right now I'm kind of into Call of Duty, Black Ops.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:29 pm 
the very elect

Simon Belmont wrote:
I have enjoyed the various incarnations of GTA3, especially when you enable the cheat codes and make yourself invincible. You can do anything you want!

I also like Mafia and Madia 2 (similar games).

Right now I'm kind of into Call of Duty, Black Ops.

Very telling Simon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 pm 
God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh2rc8KCcSU

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:10 pm 
θεά

Hi Malaise,

I'm not Mormon and never have been, so I'm not sure why you've chosen to call your thread "Mormonism and GTA 3."

I'd explain to you how I reconcile my entertainment tastes with my faith, but in your time here at MDB, you've yet to demonstrate any ability to interact critically with the responses you receive. You don't go any deeper than "nuh-uh" and crude name-calling. Responding to you substantively is a complete waste of time.

You're welcome to keep posting hate-threads wherein you attack me personally, but I'll thank you to keep those threads in the Telestial forum where they belong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 pm 
Malaise,

I'm not sure why you have taken such a dislike to MsJack.

She is a lovely, intelligent young woman who is very honest about how she reconciles her faith in a multi-faith marriage. You may wish to check out her blog.

You have refused to answer my question regarding your background with the Church.

I think it would better help posters to be able to relate to your stance and interract with you.

However, based on the bulk of your posts, I'm not sure if you are really interested in genuine dialogue.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:10 am 
God

Hello,

It's amazing how quickly the Mods are all over "personal insult" threads, but give Mr. Peterwhatever a wide birth (pun intended). I still have yet to see any of his "malignant tumor" comments moved to Telestial.

V/R
Dr. Cameron

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:01 pm 
God

Malaise is right. I just can't support GTA 3 because of the contents. If I wanted to be exposed to violence, prostitution, etc. I'd turn to the Old Testament.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:09 pm 
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello,

It's amazing how quickly the Mods are all over "personal insult" threads, but give Mr. Peterwhatever a wide birth (pun intended). I still have yet to see any of his "malignant tumor" comments moved to Telestial.

V/R
Dr. Cameron

You need to STFU right now you POS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm 
Apostle

Simon Belmont wrote:
You need to STFU right now you POS.

Well that wasn't very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:20 am 
God

Here's the critical thing: video games are not real life. It seems to me the only people who don't quite understand that are people who don't play them.

Shooting a set of pixels with another set of pixels is not the same as shooting a person with a gun. I'm far more concerned about the psyche of people who don't understand that distinction than those that do.

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm 
God

Adults know that the values expressed in Fallout New Vegas fit far better with this board and MAD than those of Grand Theft Auto 3. Blast the wicked away for righteousness sake.

Auto violence is best left to the bumper cars in amusement parks.

BTW, Malaise sounds like it could be one of those Greek God names they use on that other board. Maybe a mythological twin to Nemesis?