It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: William Schryver: An Offer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:33 am 
abstract

Simon Belmont wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
You don't have to keep finding excuses for William. If he had wanted to meet Cam in hand-to-hand combat, he would have assented through his sock puppet Nomad. Obviously he did not.

I was commenting more on Gadianton's stunning ability to find only those things which support his preconceived notions, and discard much more powerful logic and evidence that does not.

Note to anyone who isn't brainwashed... when Simple Simon claims "logic" and "evidence" are used in his arguments, there isn't any evidence or logic behind the claims.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 am 
Gadianton wrote:
If William is developing software for the IBM z or the post AS400 stuff, whatever it was he says he does, it's strongly implied that he's in an area with modern communications infrastructure.

Normally, yes.

Do you know he isn't on a road trip or other vacation?
Do you know he isn't in some parking garage where there is no service?
Do you know he isn't in a steel box (elevator)?
Do you know he isn't in some large data center with huge amounts of EMI interference?

I mean, really, there could be literally thousands of possibilities.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 am 
Seedy Academician

Darth J wrote:
Simon Belmont wrote:
stunning ability to find only those things which support his preconceived notions, and discard much more powerful logic and evidence that does not.

I nominate this clause for a special award from Cassius University as the most cogent explanation of Mormon apologetics I have seen on the board to date.

I'll consult with the administrators at Cassius.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:09 am 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Simon Belmont wrote:
It's like I have to explain everything to you people.

You don't have to keep finding excuses for William. If he had wanted to meet Cam in hand-to-hand combat, he would have assented through his sock puppet Nomad. Obviously he did not.

Of course he doesn't have to find excuses for Will. We all know where Will is. Hiding.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 am 
Kishkumen wrote:
I'll consult with the administrators at Cassius.

Perhaps it could be involved in the "Who's Who"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 pm 
Priest

Simon Belmont wrote:
Gadianton wrote:
If William is developing software for the IBM z or the post AS400 stuff, whatever it was he says he does, it's strongly implied that he's in an area with modern communications infrastructure.

Normally, yes.

Do you know he isn't on a road trip or other vacation?
Do you know he isn't in some parking garage where there is no service?
Do you know he isn't in a steel box (elevator)?
Do you know he isn't in some large data center with huge amounts of EMI interference?

I mean, really, there could be literally thousands of possibilities.

OR maybe he's at a week-long dungeon party. not only is he not gonna get reception, but this board is the last thing on his mind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 pm 
floatingboy wrote:

OR maybe he's at a week-long dungeon party. not only is he not gonna get reception, but this board is the last thing on his mind.

Since nobody actually knows Will, this "dungeon party" is possible. From what I gather, it is more likely he is just somewhere with his family that does not have 3G/3GPP/3GPP-LTE/HSPA/HSPA+/4G/IEEE 802.16 or other data technology.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:49 pm 
Anti-Mormon

He might show up if Cam agrees not to pull his ponytail during the event.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:38 pm 
God

Nomad wrote:
I noticed this thread earlier today. Wondered why William had not yet replied, so I gave him a call on his cell phone. Turns out he's "on the road" and won't have internet service until later today or tomorrow. However, he did get quiet a chuckle from Dr. Cam...whatever's proposition. Even so, gentleman that he is, he insists that he is not interested in such a low-brow challenge.

LOL. This reminds me of Freethinker on ZLMB years ago. He was always in some sort of contact with DCP, and would often send messages to him and convey DCP's reply.

I guess Nomad and Will are as close as Freethinker and DCP used to be. ;)

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 pm 
beastie wrote:

LOL. This reminds me of Freethinker on ZLMB years ago. He was always in some sort of contact with DCP, and would often send messages to him and convey DCP's reply.

I guess Nomad and Will are as close as Freethinker and DCP used to be. ;)

Standby while I log in as Presbyter (I'm kidding).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 pm 
Hermit

Hi there Simon,

Do you think that it was more likely that Schryver was at a dungeon party than worried Cam might really be able to kick his ass?

This is sort of an apologetic move you know, if something is conceivable, then it is probably true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 pm 
Reminds me of the kids who want to meet at the monkey bars after school to fight - can't believe there are actual adults involved in this...stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 pm 
Gadianton wrote:
Hi there Simon,

Do you think that it was more likely that Schryver was at a dungeon party than worried Cam might really be able to kick his ass?

This is sort of an apologetic move you know, if something is conceivable, then it is probably true.

A typical anti-Mormon tactic, Gadianton. I thought you were above such drivel.

I don't think it very likely that Will is at a "dungeon party" (whatever that means) at all. I think it is extremely likely (like 85% - 90%) likely that he is just somewhere with his family that does not have 3G/3GPP/3GPP-LTE/HSPA/HSPA+/4G/IEEE 802.16 or other data technology.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:01 am 
High Goddess of Atlantis

ttribe wrote:
Reminds me of the kids who want to meet at the monkey bars after school to fight - can't believe there are actual adults involved in this...stupid.

More like a playground bully who continually brags about his prowess, threatens and taunts, then when someone steps up, the bully runs away.

;-)

Anyone ever see The Pacifier? One of funniest scenes ever is the wrestling match!

The Big Match

~td~

Last edited by truth dancer on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 am 
God

ttribe wrote:

Hello Mr. Ttribe,

Do you think American football is stupid? How about UFC? This is simply sport, my brother. Men box. Men spar. Men wage war, play baseball, and compete. My offer isn't any more stupid than 9 men hitting a ball with a wooden stick and running in a circle. Please try to be a little more open minded.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Doctor CamNC4Me:

I hope you will not be offended if I would rather watch my proposal for female board members resolving their differences.

Sincerely,

DJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 am 
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello Mr. Ttribe,

Do you think American football is stupid? How about UFC? This is simply sport, my brother. Men box. Men spar. Men wage war, play baseball, and compete. My offer isn't any more stupid than 9 men hitting a ball with a wooden stick and running in a circle. Please try to be a little more open minded.

V/R
Dr. Cam

There's a difference between organized sport and a grudge match.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 am 
God

Two men enter, one man leaves!

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am 
Calculus Crusader wrote:
Two men enter, one man leaves!

If Tina Turner's running this show, it might be more interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith

And now, we will determine once and for all if the Book of Abraham is true:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 am 
God

Well, well, well!

A guy leaves town for a few days, and all kinds of fun gets missed!

At any rate, after a top-secret meeting with two handsome gentlemen with impeccable tastes and intimate connections to people in high places (hint: I’m the one with the pronounced pot belly and pumpkin head):

I then headed to this beautiful locale:

Where, armed with my vintage Winchester Model 71:

I slew the mighty buck (hint: I’m the one with the pronounced pot belly and pumpkin head):

Only to return and discover (as I had been previously apprised by a “secret informant”) that, in my absence, I have been challenged to a duel of manhood:

Image CamNC4Me wrote:
Quote:
I would like to offer a proposal of sorts. Where could you and I meet in order to test our mettle?

My proposal: We link up at a gym, don some gear, and go at it. MMA, boxing, martial arts... Whatever... It's all allowed.

If you beat me into submission, you get to gloat to your heart's content. If I beat you into submission, you have to apologize, personally, to every female you've insulted on this board, and never insult them again.

Hearing of this quasi-effete metrosexual proposition, I naturally (as is my wont) opted to raise the stakes considerably, with a counter-proposal of a bona fide duel, employing the tools of true gentlemen:

Or, if my would-be foe is reluctant to risk his life for mere honor, I will consent (along with my trusty steed, Jonah), to a formal joust:

I anxiously await the reply to my manly proposition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next