It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Wm. Schryver: Where is the name "Shulem" in Facsimile No
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm 
God

Quote:
I believe that the scrolls contained an authentic Abraham text and that Joseph Smith produced a "translation" of that material. I am convinced that he never consulted the Egyptian text in the process, nor that he even knew where that text was located on the papyri. Rather, he did with the papyri the exact same thing he did with the plates of Mormon and the parchment of John referenced in D&C 7: he restored an ancient text, but he absolutely did not "decipher" any ancient characters to do so. That's not what he ever did. He was a seer.

This has always been my essential understanding of what Joseph did with the BofA, the BofM, and his redactions of the Bible. Wade has argued along similar lines.

The problem for the critics -and especially the secularist exmo critics - is that this renders any idea of the KEP as in some sense "translation manuscripts" completely moot. Joseph Smith made no claims as to the nature of his translation of the BofA other than he had made for the BofM. The very fact that the entire KEP dependency theory is a purely conjectural theoretical construct that ultimately lacks what any such historical textual reconstruction really needs - corroborating empirical (i.e., documentary) evidence showing that the theory actually matches what the various actors in the 19th century thought they were doing - should tell us that a modern revisionist template is being aggressively imposed upon historical phenomena without regard to the round nature of the hole the square peg is being forced into.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
Quote:
and the thing is, you LOVE the attention. you've pretty much said so with your claims about the traffic going up on here when you grace us with your presence

For the same reason people flock to the monkey cages whenever they start to eat each other's poop. There is something about galactic stupidity that draws attention.

I've never known people to flock to the monkey cage when they start eating poop. Its when they start throwing at the spectators themselves that the spectators begin go gather, which well explains the high traffic you have long generated on the threads you show up to derail and set on fire.

Just keep in mind, Kevin, that in order to smear someone with your own poop, you first have to get your own hands dirty...

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm 
God

It's kind of funny watching Droopy argue with 2-year-old posts. :lol:

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
There is no way your BS would be published if they were not using you as a front man to stall for more time for those testimonies straddling the fence. To say you're not obligated to do this is irrelevant and beside the point. The fact is they want you to publish this nonsense so they don't have to themselves. If they did it, then they'd ultimately be the ones taking heat for it. You have no scholarly credibility to lose, but they do. This is the same game Gee played with me many years ago when he refused to debate Brent Metcalfe at ZLMB, but he was feeding me responses via email so I could operate as his front man. When all was said and done, it was I, not John Gee, who looked like the complete fool.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:49 pm 
God

Quote:
Schryver really knows how to play the people on this board like a fiddle. I just sit back and laugh as I watch him work you guys. He kind of reminds me of the way Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) used to drum up interest in his fights in the weeks beforehand.

On a critical intellectual level, it really kinda reminds me of something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qMT2YBIcg

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 pm 
God

Quote:
I wouldn't pay money to watch that massacre, and I highly doubt Will would ever accept a debate offer with Metcalfe.

This is a very interesting revision of what actually happened when Will did, clearly and distinctly, offer to debate Metcalf in public, and with tail tucked tightly between legs, Metcalf used every rhetorical trick in the book to decline the offer.

Quote:
And you think Will would? I challenged Will to debate in the past and he always ran away. But you think Metcalfe is scared to debate him?

You wouldn't seriously (with any expectation of following through) challenge Will (or any knowledgeable apologist with expertise in the BofA) to a debate and you know it. You wouldn't dare, and you know it. No one with serious expertise in the study of the BofA would take you seriously enough to lower themselves to debating you, and you know it. You, like Metcalf, if such a challenge were excepted, would suddenly find some very good reasons why the debate format, timing, or venue were not acceptable.

Keep up the pose.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:59 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

How's work going these days, Droopy?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:

This is, indeed, Kevin Graham - to the very core.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
How's work going these days, Droopy?

How are the lithium treatments going, Scratch?

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:13 pm 
God

Well, I'm out of here, as its already gone to the Telestial...

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Droopy wrote:

That's probably because you posted a series of items (e.g., a guy with foil on his head) that were little more than attacks.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

Did you even pause long enough from your knee-jerk outrage to notice the dates on the posts you were responding to?

:lol:

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:25 pm 
God

Poor droopy. I see he's posting like mad -- thank jezzus he's on ignore.

Is he saying anthing intelligent? I doubt it. The poor boy has gone nuts, again.

Paul O

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 pm 
God

Buffalo wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Did you even pause long enough from your knee-jerk outrage to notice the dates on the posts you were responding to?

:lol:

Yup. Are you saying that people don't come back here to check on threads that have reemerged over time? You certainly do.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 pm 
Nursery

Droopy wrote: Yup. Are you saying that people don't come back here to check on threads that have reemerged over time? You certainly do.

Droopy: The only reason anyone would come back to look at this would be to admire your intelligence, (or lack thereof). Actually, I would have never read this if you hadn't lashed out at a two year old dead horse. I was a TBM then, now i am a seeker of truth and no longer led blindly by the nose by the shepherd with one hand in my wallet.

Your cognitive dissonance must be getting close to tipping. You might want to stay off of here for a while and go talk to your bishop. He has the answers and can lead you back to the "Iron Rod".

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:38 pm 
Nursery

Droopy wrote:
Quote:
Not to worry, young Droopy, you still smell the rankest.

Young???

I think by "young" he meant immensely immature

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11