It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is it possible Infymus is a complete moron?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 pm 
Deacon

I'd like to say I'm at a loss for words but you'll all soon see I have plenty to say on this subject. (The answer to the subject question is "Apparently so."

First off, I should make it clear that 90% of the time I respond to posts here, I'm doing so from my iPhone and, with the tiny screen, I rarely move the screen over to even see who I am responding to. I rarely respond to the "person" so much as their comment. WHO made the comment is generally irrelevant to me.

However...

Our friend Infymus, who has his own little website (and apparently a discussion board) has taken it upon himself to "reveal to everyone who NewNameNoah is." (I paraphrased there but that was very clearly the jist of it.)

To be frank, I'm not entirely sure what bug crawled up Infymus' ass, but I would think that virtually every exmo on earth would be jumping for joy at the thought of someone (ANYONE) posting videos of the endowment ceremony online, irregardless of whether said video included footage of a Mormon candidate for President or not. 

This "project" has been in the planning stages (at the very least) since 2004.  We (yes, contrary to Infymus' opinion that has included libelous statements about myself, this really is more than a one man job) have taken as many precautions as possible in the planning of this "project" to limit our legal liability as much as possible. We have spent countless dollars and man hours over a number of years to ensure this went off without a hitch. 

To be frank, the thought of a Mormon President is deeply disturbing to me. When it became clear that Mitten would likely become the GOP nominee, we had to move our plans up significantly and the project took on a sense of urgency. 

But not so urgent that we wanted to make stupid mistakes. I'm not saying that NO mistakes were made, but there have been very few. We planned for just about every contingency. Every contingency but one. We never considered the possibility that an ex-Mormon would be the only one to really possibly put a kink in our plans. And certainly not an ex-Mormon with a website that has the following:

Q: Why are some articles marked "Anonymous"? 
A: Many posts are of a sensitive nature, or, the author does not wish to have their name or alias associated with the article. It takes a great deal of courage to post personal information about yourself on the Internet - even if you are using an alias. When I pull an article and feel the author should really be protected, I substitute their name with “Anonymous”. I do this entirely at my discretion as I often feel the article posted is important to share and archive - but to hide and protect the true anonymity of the poster. It is a sensitive and cautious decision on my part. 

So, Infymus, for the love of all that is holy, shut your f*****g mouth and let this project proceed without trying to expose the identity of those who wish to remain anonymous. I am NOT the only person involved and there are others who genuinely fear for their personal safety if their names should be revealed. Already we have had over a dozen electronic threats against our personal safety. We don't need one of our own (an exmo) working in an effort to reveal the identity of anyone working on the project. 

I THINK it's already been proven to you that I have never "picketed" Temple Square. I have never had a "restraining order" issued against me by the Church (although, admittedly, I understand what a "restraining order" is since I worked as a bail bondsman in Utah for the better part of a decade and you, clearly, do not.) 

It's obvious that you have some issue with me. I don't give a damn. But, for you to meddle in something like this, something that will likely play a role in the decisions of MANY people in the future to NOT join the Mormon cult, well that's just f****d up. 

Do you just SAY, " It takes a great deal of courage to post personal information about yourself on the Internet - even if you are using an alias." but not actually believe it? 

Have laws been broken to get this project done? Absofuckinglutely. 

Do I lose any sleep over it? Not a wink. 

The only "victim" is the s****y cult that we both work to expose. If someone that I disliked (for whatever reason) had posted the endowment ceremony online I would have been jumping for joy. You, on the other hand, can only seem to bitch and moan about your doubt re: the Mitten footage, your insistence that I have "picketed" Temple Square in the past (a practice I personally abhor), your allegations that I have been served with a restraining order and just an all around asshole attitude. 

Even though I have, to the best of my knowledge, never visited your site until just now (I COULD be mistaken), you have stated more than once that you will "not allow" links to our project on your site or message board. Boo f*****g hoo. I'd never even heard of your site until today so I'm not too heartbroken about your decision to not allow links to our project. 

I find it somewhat ironic though, considering that our project is, arguably, one of the biggest things to happen in the world of Mormonism in a very long time and it is, without a doubt, unprecedented, that it is being ignored by a website that claims:

"The primary purpose of the Mormon Curtain is to blog the Ex-Mormon world. This includes "recovery" boards, message boards, sites and more - and provide the very best posts and articles therein. This is to aid Ex-Mormons who are on the road to recovery, Mormons who are looking for more information on their own religion, and Non-Mormons who may be studying the Mormon Church for the purpose of possible baptism."

Infymus, you and I are on the same team but you're behaving like a kid that's been benched by the basketball coach so he starts tripping his own players when they get within reach of his foot. 

Pull your head out of your ass, be patient and realize that this isn't a project that I just tossed together last weekend, and that countless hours and dollars have been spent to make this project a success. To run the risk of having it f****d up by an EXMORMON of all people is just stomach turning. 

I'm not Ed f*****g Decker, for Gods sake. When more than one exmo suggested that our last video could potentially do more harm than good, it was taken offline. We're not doing this for money (it's cost more than you might think.) We're not doing it for "another 15 minutes of fame" (I'm not sure when you think I got my first 15 minutes of fame but whatever.) We're doing it to educate people about Mormonism and hopefully get the word out about Mitten's temple oaths that we feel conflicts with a potential oath of office he could swear to uphold on January 20, 2013. 

Some of us are taking a LOT of personal risk for this project. Some of us have had very legitimate threats of physical harm to us. The last thing we should worry about is some exmo with his panties in a bunch who decides he's not being told all the facts and therefore he will pull back the curtain to show everyone exactly who the great Oz really is. 

Nort

Post subject: Re: Is it possible Infymus is a complete moron?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 am 
God

I also think that Infymus needs to back down and just let you do your thing and have your fun without a lot of scoffing over it. Obviously you are on pins and needles and have a lot riding on this project. It is a big deal. There are incredible odds for a major impact against the church over these video presentations. This is is the kind of stuff that the general public loves to see. People want to know secrets and especially if they think secrets are being kept from them.

Carry on and we will see what the real goods are come September.

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:33 am 
God

*yawn*

Your project won't even be a bump in the road.

The details of the Temple Ceremonies have been widely available on the Internet for years. So you show it on video. I'm not being funny but so what? You show Romney in the video, so what?

Voters already know Mormonism's a bit weird.

The Business Week article will have more impact, because it's about the finances of the Church. It's a far more interesting subject for people.

Good grief, when you think about the stuff about Clinton which had very little impact, your showing of Romney participating in a boring religious non sensational symbolic ceremony won't even make the news.

My prediction: YouTube is as high profile as you will get.
This board wouldn't even be interested in your project if you hadn't infected it with so many self publicising threads and posts.

I think you're an over promising under deliverer.
Shut up till you put up, then we will have something to discuss.

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am 
Savior (resurrected)

Nort,
I think you've gotten some of the responses on here (and elsewhere) because of the manner you introduced your plans (most especially the boasting and bragging about having footage of Mitt Romney in the temple).

This topic is of interest to many, but maybe if you'd introduced yourself and your project by explaining what has gone into it, how many were involved and so on instead of coming on here expecting to be treated like a Rock Star, people would have been more open to listening to what your plans were. Your demeanor has been very abrasive so far.

I know there's interest in seeing the videos with 15,000+ views so far, but when that gets up into the millions is when you may see an impact from your project.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am 
Deacon

Madison54 wrote:
Nort,
I think you've gotten some of the responses on here (and elsewhere) because of the manner you introduced your plans (most especially the boasting and bragging about having footage of Mitt Romney in the temple).

This topic is of interest to many, but maybe if you'd introduced yourself and your project by explaining what has gone into it, how many were involved and so on instead of coming on here expecting to be treated like a Rock Star, people would have been more open to listening to what your plans were. Your demeanor has been very abrasive so far.

I know there's interest in seeing the videos with 15,000+ views so far, but when that gets up into the millions is when you may see an impact from your project.

Understood. But it's not ME or anyone else that's looking to get famous from this thing. In fact, with several of us living in Utah, being known as the guys who put that stuff online will NOT help us win friends across the State. (Well...maybe SOME friends.)

I was just very excited about the project and was finally able to discuss it openly. I never expected AN EXMO to try and subvert our plans by running around trying to "reveal" who everyone with the project is. It's hardly a secret that I'M involved, but everyone else involved wishes to remain anonymous. I plan to keep it that way unless they say otherwise. Trust me, nothing would make me happier than to give credit where credit is due.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 am 
God

Drifting wrote:
*yawn*
I think you're an over promising under deliverer.
Shut up till you put up, then we will have something to discuss.

Egging him on won't get him to post the big video. You'll just have to wait till September, so be patient. No offense intended but should this thing be a real hit, Nort, well, he will be able to tear you a new one by throwing all your words back in your face and you'll look stupid, forever. You gambled by slamming him and it might really come back to haunt you. That might not even bother you at all, who knows? I'm just saying.

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 am 
God

Madison54 wrote:
Nort,

It's called having "FUN" and not giving a damn what people think. There are all kinds of ways to enter conversations on message boards. Some are friendly while others are contentious. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve and how you feel about things. He's not stupid. He knows he could have come on and been polite and gracious. But that's not what he was aiming for. He wanted to kick the hive and watch the bees buzz about. I think it's cool.

Hell yeah! Playtime!!!

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am 
Deacon

Shulem wrote:
Madison54 wrote:
Nort,

It's called having "FUN" and not giving a damn what people think. There are all kinds of ways to enter conversations on message boards. Some are friendly while others are contentious. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve and how you feel about things. He's not stupid. He knows he could have come on and been polite and gracious. But that's not what he was aiming for. He wanted to kick the hive and watch the bees buzz about. I think it's cool.

Hell yeah! Playtime!!!

Paul O

Paul, I think I love you. YOU totally get me. I'm just a smart ass, sarcastic sonofabitch who really doesn't care what 99% of people think of me. I love poking sleeping bears with sticks just to see if they have morning breath. I'm the first guy to question something stupid and, to be frank, I HAVE lost a job or two in the past for doing so. I have told employers that if they want a "Yes man", do NOT hire me. If they want a dedicated employee that will be HONEST with you at all times, I'm your guy. Sometimes it's okay to tell someone their idea is stupid. Sometimes it offends them. Sometimes they appreciate it.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I put a sign in my front yard that reported the number of Americans killed in Iraq and I was told to take the sign down because it was illegal? When someone tells me I CAN'T do something, it just makes me MORE determined to do it. Long story short, I fought City Hall and won. (Google it if you like.)

Needless to say, my rebellious attitude this has caused a bit of trouble for me with the whole "No shirt, no shoes, no service" policy at my local Applebees. In my defense, their sign didn't say anything about pants.

Nort

P.S. Did I mention that I think Infymus is a f*****g idiot? If not, I should have. Hey Infymus, why don't you go pour gasoline on the front lawn of Sandra Tanners house and spell out, "Infymouse is a f*****g idiot"? And investigate what REALLY happened to Jerald. I hear he's laying low just hanging out with Elvis. (You f*****g moron.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm 
God

Nort, I do, totally get you. This whole thing is f*****g fun! It's like a party with presents and all -- merry Shitmas! Hey, you and I are somewhat like minded. I love your f*****g humor and the way you poke and prod. I sooooo get it.

:lol: :biggrin: :mrgreen:

Paul O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 am 
Founder & Visionary

Nortinski wrote:
And investigate what REALLY happened to Jerald.

??? Did something happen to Jerald Tanner that we don't know about? If so, what?

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 am 
Deacon

Dr. Shades wrote:
Nortinski wrote:
And investigate what REALLY happened to Jerald.

??? Did something happen to Jerald Tanner that we don't know about? If so, what?

Well, just that whole dying thing.

:-(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:23 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Nortinski wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:

Well, just that whole dying thing.

:-(

Right, but what's the reason you say his death should be investigated?

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm 
God

Nortinski wrote:

To be frank, I'm not entirely sure what bug crawled up Infymus' ass, but I would think that virtually every exmo on earth would be jumping for joy at the thought of someone (ANYONE) posting videos of the endowment ceremony online, irregardless of whether said video included footage of a Mormon candidate for President or not. 

Why do you think this? Not evey ex mo feels about this like you do. Many have moved on. Many can leave the Church without seeking to be rotten towards it. My guess is most exmos would take no pleasure in your antics.

Quote:
This "project" has been in the planning stages (at the very least) since 2004. We (yes, contrary to Infymus' opinion that has included libelous statements about myself, this really is more than a one man job) have taken as many precautions as possible in the planning of this "project" to limit our legal liability as much as possible. We have spent countless dollars and man hours over a number of years to ensure this went off without a hitch.

Well I hope it gives you some satisfaction. I can think of about a hundred other things I would rather do and spend my $$ on then some childish dishonest scheme.
Quote:
To be frank, the thought of a Mormon President is deeply disturbing to me. When it became clear that Mitten would likely become the GOP nominee, we had to move our plans up significantly and the project took on a sense of urgency.

Why is that?

Quote:
But not so urgent that we wanted to make stupid mistakes

Too late. Your ranting and raving bravado here has spoiled it for you.

Quote:
I'm not saying that NO mistakes were made, but there have been very few.

I am skeptical based on your continues posting here about this. If you want to publish the endowment just do it. It can be found in written from already on the internet. What is so new about what you have.

Quote:
We planned for just about every contingency. Every contingency but one. We never considered the possibility that an ex-Mormon would be the only one to really possibly put a kink in our plans.

You are a bit of the drama queen my friend. Really you are. Just release it. I predict you will get little of the desired results you want.

Quote:
So, Infymus, for the love of all that is holy, shut your f*****g mouth and let this project proceed without trying to expose the identity of those who wish to remain anonymous. I am NOT the only person involved and there are others who genuinely fear for their personal safety if their names should be revealed. Already we have had over a dozen electronic threats against our personal safety. We don't need one of our own (an exmo) working in an effort to reveal the identity of anyone working on the project.

All exmos are not "one of your own" apparently.

Quote:
Have laws been broken to get this project done? Absofuckinglutely.

And you are not being stupid now by admitting such?

Quote:
Do I lose any sleep over it? Not a wink

You are an odd duck.

Quote:
I find it somewhat ironic though, considering that our project is, arguably, one of the biggest things to happen in the world of Mormonism in a very long time and it is, without a doubt, unprecedented, that it is being ignored by a website that claims:

Now you are having delusions of grandeur.

Quote:
Pull your head out of your ass, be patient and realize that this isn't a project that I just tossed together last weekend, and that countless hours and dollars have been spent to make this project a success. To run the risk of having it f****d up by an EXMORMON of all people is just stomach turning.

I am just loving this.