Post subject: Re: Perfume out with new album
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:41 am 
Founder & Visionary

Thou art both repulsive and disgusting.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:38 am 
God

It is hard to believe that music that bad could be made without deliberate intent and true skill. I don't think the drums, guitar, and singing were ever on the same rhythm. That is hard to do.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:27 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
It is hard to believe that music that bad could be made without deliberate intent and true skill. I don't think the drums, guitar, and singing were ever on the same rhythm. That is hard to do.

Couldn’t agree w you more. Not much talent there. If you want the same sound from the past, take any of the old “Andrew Sisters” 45’s and run them at 78rpm’s.

[Have no doubt this post ever reaches the board given the bias factor of Shades and his resentment for free speech.]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:54 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Bach wrote:
[Have no doubt this post ever reaches the board given the bias factor of Shades and his resentment for free speech.]

Umm, . . . you're aware that you're NOT on the queue in the Spirit Prison forum, right?

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:52 am 
God

I had never seen this before and looked them up. The name alone screamed it was a put on and perhaps it is. But as far as I can tell it wasn't and has the weirdiest backstory for a band ever. They were conscripted into being a band by their dad because he had once had a palm reading predict his daughters would form a world famous band or something like that. So it seems pretty likely they lacked musical talent, skills from practice and/or the benefit of a knowledgeable and concerned music producer. But they had a dad with the means and unfound belief in the project that didn't need any of those things for them to make and distribute an album. The irony being their awfulness is now legendary so that palm reading ended up being right. That said, I don't think they were intentionally bad. I think they were essentially unable to play their instruments well enough to actually make intentional music. The drumming creates some sort of synchopation the seems complex yet more like someone playing a prolonged drum solo independent of the guitars, which are essentially matching the vocal melody with a few basic chords for filler mixed in. I've sat through enough school band performances with first year players among whom were kids who got told they'd learn to play the clarinet and this is of that class. The drummer makes it more than it should be otherwise which gives it a sort of intentional avant garde feel. But it clearly isn't intentional. Found art for audiophiles maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bach wrote:

Umm, . . . you're aware that you're NOT on the queue in the Spirit Prison forum, right?

Shades, I’ve never been aware how your broad personal bias goes when it comes to an intellect that poses a threat. But I acknowledge that it is YOUR BOARD and it’s good to be KING if it’s all you got in life.

If you ever find the courage - I’d just love to know why I’m still on your queue? What was the post that was offensive in your opinion? None I suspect. Probably has more to do with your protecting EAllusion and KG from ever having to deal with an entrepreneur while they post unemployed!

But how about just answering why my “I’m Spartacus” post got redirected to this forum??

Never expect much honesty nor integrity from you Shades! But for just once - might be nice!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am 
God

Fun fact: Kurt Cobain ranked The Shaggs' one-and-only album as #5 on his list of 50 favorite albums of all time.

https://nirvana.fandom.com/wiki/Kurt_Co ... _50_Albums

It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am 
God

honorentheos wrote:
I had never seen this before and looked them up. The name alone screamed it was a put on and perhaps it is. But as far as I can tell it wasn't and has the weirdiest backstory for a band ever. They were conscripted into being a band by their dad because he had once had a palm reading predict his daughters would form a world famous band or something like that. So it seems pretty likely they lacked musical talent, skills from practice and/or the benefit of a knowledgeable and concerned music producer. But they had a dad with the means and unfound belief in the project that didn't need any of those things for them to make and distribute an album. The irony being their awfulness is now legendary so that palm reading ended up being right. That said, I don't think they were intentionally bad. I think they were essentially unable to play their instruments well enough to actually make intentional music. The drumming creates some sort of synchopation the seems complex yet more like someone playing a prolonged drum solo independent of the guitars, which are essentially matching the vocal melody with a few basic chords for filler mixed in. I've sat through enough school band performances with first year players among whom were kids who got told they'd learn to play the clarinet and this is of that class. The drummer makes it more than it should be otherwise which gives it a sort of intentional avant garde feel. But it clearly isn't intentional. Found art for audiophiles maybe.

:lol: nice backstory, thanks. The first thing I thought was mommy and daddy wanted them to play. And they didn't. Revenge is a dish best served off-key, in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:18 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Revenge is a dish best served off-key, in this case.

:lol: