It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:21 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:

The European Union is what keeps Chap breaking his back so a Greek public service employee can retire well at 52.

Er, no.

The European Union is what has made it possible for me to be sitting in a sunny and pleasantly wooded space in a temperate climate typing you this message. Later I anticipate having lunch with a group of people who switch easily between one another's languages, and appreciate the good food and drink that is taken for granted in their countries. Throughout much of my existence the free movement of European citizens from one country to another, and the resultant pooling of research efforts in science, technology and scholarship has helped give me a rich, fulfilling, and I think useful life. [For the avoidance of doubt, and to avoid ajax18 misspelling 'teat' yet again, my income does not come from any agency of the European Union, nor has it ever done so.]

For the record, while I regret the previous failure of Greek politicians to construct an alternative to crude populism and fiscal irresponsibility (just imagine: they cut taxes and ran up the deficit just to buy votes!), I have travelled frequently enough in Greece to see the great improvement in conditions of everyday life and superstructure that came from the EU over many years - until the banking system presented us all with the Great Crash. Thanks bankers ...

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

Post subject: Re: Texas made a mistake by not expanding Medicaid?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 am 
God

Quote:
Folks on disability aren't retired, ajax, they're sick.

The last case I saw was an obsetrician who hurt his shoulder. While recovering from surgery, he reached for a drink in his easy chair. He capsized the chair and managed to tear out both shoulders. Now he can't raise his arms above his head. He's 52 and will never work another day in his life. He's making $20k/month, the same as when he could still catch babies. He may never hit a serve in tennis again but he can still golf, kayak, all sorts of stuff. I think that's a dang good retirement, don't you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 am 
God

Quote:
The fact that I'm not a depressed pile of human dung.

You know Kevin, I've never been happier. I work for myself. I've never felt such freedom and independence. I have two wonderful children to preserve my family name and my race. I can't help but smile how much it grinds your gears to know that. I'm living during the term of the greatest President ever to enter the oval office.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:45 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
...children to preserve my family name and my race.

And Mexicans, and Negroes, and Chinese, and Indians, and.....

Personally, I hope your grandkids aren't infected with your hate and all marry outside of your race....

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

Last edited by SteelHead on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:
Folks on disability aren't retired, ajax, they're sick.

The last case I saw was an obsetrician who hurt his shoulder. While recovering from surgery, he reached for a drink in his easy chair. He capsized the chair and managed to tear out both shoulders. Now he can't raise his arms above his head. He's 52 and will never work another day in his life. He's making $20k/month, the same as when he could still catch babies. He may never hit a serve in tennis again but he can still golf, kayak, all sorts of stuff. I think that's a dang good retirement, don't you?

How do you know that he can still golf and go kayaking? Have you seen him do these things? Does he talk about having done them?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 am 
God

How does he know the guy is getting 20k a month in Medicaid?

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:43 am 
God

SteelHead wrote:
How does he know the guy is getting 20k a month in Medicaid?

Why not ask him?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:21 pm 
God

AZCaesar wrote:
I think "California western US" would probably look pretty much the same if the US were defeated in the Spanish American War.

No way, the movie industry would not have sprung up in Hollywood, plus the Barstow Cartel would have been a muy malo outfit.