It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The results of Obama Era plan to force school "Equity"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 pm 
God

All White people are racist.

http://www.onyxtruth.com/2016/03/20/yes ... re-racist/

I think any White who posts on this board and has claimed he or she isn't racist is probably the most dangerous kind of racist there is.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am 
Sunbeam

This article is right on the mark DocCam.

“It's not logical that we boast the most advanced and powerful internationally integrated economy in the world, then claim organizational incompetence and poverty when it comes to creating and funding a national health care system for all Americans.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:12 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
I think blacks actually behave worse in school on average. I think Boys behave worse than girls on average. They're not punished more because teachers are sexist

OK, but why do you believe that?

Personal experience and lifetime observations. You'll probably say that's because I'm biased in what I see. I don't think that's it though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 am 
God

Ok, in terms of biases such as confirmation bias, do you think you are less prone to bias or do you think you’re pretty typical?

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Ok, in terms of biases such as confirmation bias, do you think you are less prone to bias or do you think you’re pretty typical?

I don't know. I only know what I see and what I've experienced.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:47 pm 
God

Nicholas Cruz is called a white supremacist because he spent a lot of time in a white supremacist gathering sharing white supremacist views and expressing his violent tendencies through the lens of racism:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/exclu ... index.html

If you want to add to the genre of "He can't be a white supremacist! He's got a Hispanic last name!" thinking, note that he was also a raging anti-Semite and he's half Jewish.

Regarding the other point Ajax is on about in this thread, there's a lot of studies indicating significant racial bias in how teacher's perceive students on average. It's hard to know where to start it's such a well-attested phenomenon.

For what's being discussed in this thread, there is experimental evidence that teacher's are more likely to recommend harsh penalties and label students as troublemakers for the same behavior if children are black.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/ ... 78634.html

The neat thing about this study is there are no actual children involved. Teachers were asked to evaluate hypothetical cases where researchers just changed names between stereotypically white and stereotypically black ones.

Quote:
For the study, a racially diverse group of more than 250 elementary and secondary teachers across the country were shown records that described two minor infractions committed by a student. Half of the records were labeled with stereotypically black names (such as Deshawn or Darnell), and half with stereotypically white names (such as Greg or Jake).

After reading about each infraction, the teachers were asked how bothered they were by the student’s misbehavior, how severely they thought the student should be disciplined, and how likely they were to consider the student a “troublemaker.”

How did the teachers respond? When it came to a student’s first infraction, there was no difference in the teachers’ attitudes toward the white and black students. After reading about a second infraction, however, the teachers were more likely to feel troubled by the black students’ behavior, to want to mete out severe punishment, and to label the student a troublemaker.

The “black-escalation effect.” The researchers argue in their paper that when a student has multiple infractions, negative racial stereotypes are more likely to kick in. Teachers are more likely to see the infractions of black students as fitting into a larger pattern of bad behavior.

“It’s not that these are racist people, it’s just that we all are exposed to stereotypes in the world,” Jason Okonufua, a graduate student at the university and the study’s lead researcher, told Reuters.

The researchers call this phenomenon the “black-escalation effect.” And they say it’s the same thing that happens outside the classroom.

This is one of the reasons why there's such significant racial disparities between black and white children in who ends up getting put into the criminal justice system at a young age through public schools.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:54 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

I don't know. I only know what I see and what I've experienced.

OK, it sounds to me that we have very different views on the ability of brains to reached unbiased conclusions based on outlet own observations and experiences. Just based on reading about how the brain processes information and stitches it together to tell a coherent story, I’m not confident in it’s ability to tell me much that’s meaningful on an issue like race and school discipline based on what I recall about my own experiences.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:27 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
OK, it sounds to me that we have very different views on the ability of brains to reached unbiased conclusions based on outlet own observations and experiences. Just based on reading about how the brain processes information and stitches it together to tell a coherent story, I’m not confident in it’s ability to tell me much that’s meaningful on an issue like race and school discipline based on what I recall about my own experiences.

I have the feeling you wouldn't really be inclined to accept hard statistics, either. At the end of the day, much like Ajax18, you probably have a desired outcome to the information and will find a way to confirm it.

Moral relativists tend to do that.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:27 pm 
God

EAllusion was George Zimmerman a Jew hating white supremacist as well?

You probably count them both as criminal southern whites rather than latinos hence the skewed statistics you spout that don't match real world experience.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:45 pm 
God

Ajax, what do you think about the study EAllusion discussed?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
EAllusion was George Zimmerman a Jew hating white supremacist as well?

You probably count them both as criminal southern whites rather than latinos hence the skewed statistics you spout that don't match real world experience.

What statistic did I cite? I linked an article on Cruz extensively posting white supremacist themes as evidence that he's a white supremacist. Why do you think he was so focused on white women in interracial relationships being race traitors?

I also linked an article about a study I've linked before that compared how teachers evaluate the same rap-sheets of student misbehavior. Specifically, it showed that when you change the name to one that sounds white or black the results show significantly increased negative attitudes towards black names and a desire to punish them more. Do you care to respond to it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:42 pm 
God

If these teachers really had such tendencies, why do you think they developed? Did they decide one day they were out to get black people or are these stereotypes the result of real world experience. Why do you think these stereotypes exist? Is there not an element of truth in them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:00 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
If these teachers really had such tendencies, why do you think they developed? Did they decide one day they were out to get black people or are these stereotypes the result of real world experience. Why do you think these stereotypes exist? Is there not an element of truth in them?

Who knows? But more importantly, what does it matter? You started out by saying that it’s important to be colorblind. But here we have evidence that teachers are not colorblind. They will punish conduct more severely when it’s committed by a black student than by a white student. Do they think they are being biased? I doubt it. Are they doing it intentionally? I doubt it. Still the bias is there.

Do you think that the behavior of students is influenced by the way they are treated in school?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:28 pm 
God

I think the racist Whites on this thread need to educate themselves on Black culture:

http://www.onyxtruth.com/2018/03/12/bro ... ience-106/

Is there a level below hoodrat?

smh

The idea that Blacks are somehow viewed through a White lens and thus are put at a disadvantage is utterly reprehensible white patronizing trash. Blacks absolutely have a different culture than we do. They absolutely value things differently than we do. And they absolutely don't need White down low racists talking for them.

Get educated. You can start here:

http://www.onyxtruth.com/category/politics/

- Doc