It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Atheism Continues to Be Misunderstood - Is This Delibera
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 am 
God

schreech wrote:
...(masturbation snipped)...No offense...

your post literally provided 0 examples of what was asked. Saying "Homosexuality is sickness" is not applying a negative label to others....Cancer is sickness.... influenza is sickness..... pedophilia is sickness. These are not "labels", which even the most stupid of posts should recognize.

But I get it, your posts prefer to pull out it's genitalia and rub it all over the furniture and then smugly proclaim that the drizzled trail left behind is a most eloquent insight.

To find hypocrisy in a poster doesn't dismiss or discount their post. Truth exists regardless of your post's presuppositions.

Thanks for posting, the consistent uplifting of your posts are a welcome oasis among the gritty sand of arrogance and self pleasure.

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 am 
God

Amore wrote:
Ok - one meme referring to snowflakes.

The rest are referring to behavior that statistically or otherwise proves to be harmful. Only those who are so engulfed by emotional reasoning and identity politics cannot tell the difference between a person and their behavior.

Jesus Christ, I know you are not the best and the brightest that the bigot brigade has to offer but you asked for "As...? Please provide at least 2 examples (as in quotes) of me doing what you accuse me of... “applying negative labels to others.” and i provided:

Triggered liberal
delicate snowflake
lost
controlled
animalistic
"homosedual" bullies
leftists
dysfunctional
deviant
homosexual fanatics
sick
Lookist

And this is literally from like 3 pages of one thread. Lets see, another 3 minutes wasted but:

"The loud, bullying logically challenged who try to FORCE me and everyone to go along with homosexual lies, are like immature, undisciplined, spoiled kids in a several ways..."

"They will FORCE you to agree with them any way they can. You guys are so cowardly- it didn’t take much."

"We also see the homosexual goal of pedophilia being acted on in forcing their way into boyscouts and schools. And still - ignorant fools cheer them on and as they’ve been mind-controlled to do - they hate anyone who opposes. "

"Only a sick person would support this homosexual goal"

"Herd mentality - got you too."

"Mormonism involves a cultish mind control which is more subtle - people don’t realize they’re participating in it - and includes things like controlling what is read etc."

"it’s obviously illogical to blame an inanimate object for action, yet that mentality is being bought by many gullible people who never learned to resist herd mentality."

"But those benefiting from pharmaceuticals & feminists and homosexual fanatics..."

"You can ignore that, but it doesn’t change it, all it does is prevent you from seeing reality and make you ignor-ant."

Again, that took like 5 minutes....I could continue but I don't actually believe a dimwitted moose-knuckle like yourself will be able to see the irony in saying things like "I still don’t like labels - or herd mentality - whether Theist or Atheist". You are the exact type of gullible sheep that am radio hosts target with their onslaught of misinformation and hatred.

Last edited by schreech on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 am 
God

subgenius wrote:

You are literally too stupid to interact with. The only thing I was able to understand from the gibberish you somehow managed to pound out between episodes of flinging poo at your wall is that you are thinking about what I do with my genitalia.

I get that you have an unhealthy obsession with me because I make the mistake of regularly satisfying your humiliation festish, but dude, please keep my genitalia out of your "thoughts" (if they can even be called that).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:08 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
schreech wrote:

your post literally provided 0 examples of what was asked. Saying "Homosexuality is sickness" is not applying a negative label to others....Cancer is sickness.... influenza is sickness..... pedophilia is sickness. These are not "labels", which even the most stupid of posts should recognize.

But I get it, your posts prefer to pull out it's genitalia and rub it all over the furniture and then smugly proclaim that the drizzled trail left behind is a most eloquent insight.

To find hypocrisy in a poster doesn't dismiss or discount their post. Truth exists regardless of your post's presuppositions.

Thanks for posting, the consistent uplifting of your posts are a welcome oasis among the gritty sand of arrogance and self pleasure.

Yeah, whoever said sickness was a negative label? Subgenius, for one, is down with the sickness.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 am 
God

EAllusion wrote:
subfaps wrote:

Yeah, whoever said sickness was a negative label? Subgenius, for one, is down with the sickness.

Lol, yea, lets give it a try:

Religion is a sickness - yea, totally not negative according to subfaps
Mormonism is a sickness - Mormonism is totally on par with pedophilia according to supfaps I guess.
Mormonism is a cancer... ? Hmmm

apparently none of these are negative labels either:

Triggered liberal
delicate snowflake
lost
controlled
animalistic
"homosedual" bullies
leftists
dysfunctional
deviant
homosexual fanatics
sick
Lookist

So I guess that would mean saying things like:

"SUbfaps is a triggered liberal delicate snowflake"
"subfaps is an animalistic leftist"
"subfaps is a sick homosedual bully"
"subfaps is a deviant"
"subfaps is a controlled homosexual fanatic"

...are not negative labels according to our less than halfwitted, mentally challenged forum "participant" (if you can call what he attempts "participation")

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 pm 
Prophet

Again - those terms refer to behavior. Still, I do realize calling someone a snowflake, though it may be referring indirectly to behavior, wasn’t the nicest term & I apologize that I hurt your delicate feelings.

You are projecting your own habit of engaging in ad hominem attack whenever someone mentions a fact that bothers you. I don’t see it as worthy of my limited time to list them but a quick review of your post history makes it obvious. Some of you, as evident in this thread, were so bothered by facts I mentioned months or years ago that you STILL are upset and bringing it up in a thread about Atheism! Let it go! Or else you’ll likely contribute to the stack of stats of the US’s #1 killer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:23 pm 
Prophet

subgenius wrote:
schreech wrote:

Subgenius,
Thanks for the laugh & good perspective - this time and many others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
As...? Please provide at least 2 examples (as in quotes) of me doing what you accuse me of... “applying negative labels to others.”

I think you’ve been reading the BS on this forum too long and assume I communicate the same as many on here do.

This thread is full of examples. Take your pick. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35637

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
Again - those terms refer to behavior. Still, I do realize calling someone a snowflake, though it may be referring indirectly to behavior, wasn’t the nicest term & I apologize that I hurt your delicate feelings.

You are projecting your own habit of engaging in ad hominem attack whenever someone mentions a fact that bothers you. I don’t see it as worthy of my limited time to list them but a quick review of your post history makes it obvious. Some of you, as evident in this thread, were so bothered by facts I mentioned months or years ago that you STILL are upset and bringing it up in a thread about Atheism! Let it go! Or else you’ll likely contribute to the stack of stats of the US’s #1 killer.

You do understand that I was just replying to a challenge right? A challege that was incredibly easy to meet considering you are such a raging, small minded, hypocritical homophobe.

I never said that any the things you post bothered me. Why would I care what a bigoted tool like you thinks of me? The way I feel about you is similar to the way I feel when I step in dog ____. It’s annoying at the time, it looks and smells like ____ so I want to be rid of it as fast as possible and, once it’s out of sight, it’s easily forgotten. Please don’t flatter yourself. Geez.

I can’t think of any reason why I would care if a piece of ____ called me a snowflake.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:02 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Amore wrote:
As...? Please provide at least 2 examples (as in quotes) of me doing what you accuse me of... “applying negative labels to others.”

I think you’ve been reading the BS on this forum too long and assume I communicate the same as many on here do.

This thread is full of examples. Take your pick. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35637

She is literally the female version of ldsfaps. The lack of self awareness is staggering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:39 pm 
Prophet

Good one, Screech!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:42 pm 
Prophet

Besides the obvious illogical issues with atheism like failing to define what it is they are denying or “not believing” yet basing herd mentality on... 2 other facts Atheists seem to ignore.

1) On what is morality (or what is good) based?
2) Suffering in this world is undeniable. What is its opposite?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:55 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
Besides the obvious illogical issues with atheism like failing to define what it is they are denying or “not believing” yet basing herd mentality on... 2 other facts Atheists seem to ignore.

Survival.

Quote:

Healing.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 pm 
God

Amore wrote:

There is nothing illogical in what you describe. I see no reason to believe in the existence of anything absent some good reason to believe that it exists. I have no obligation to describe the universe of things that could be imagined but have no evidence for their existence. If you can show me some good reason to believe in the existence of your flavor of god, I’d consider changing my mind.

Morality is a human construct. We define it.

The opposite of suffering is not suffering.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:16 pm 
Prophet

Jersey Girl wrote:
Amore wrote:

Survival.
Quote:

Healing.

If morality is based on survival, than killing and hurting others (as is done in the wild) so one could survive would be ok - but it’s not.

What are the source(s) of healing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm 
Prophet

Res Ipsa wrote:
Amore wrote:

There is nothing illogical in what you describe. I see no reason to believe in the existence of anything absent some good reason to believe that it exists. I have no obligation to describe the universe of things that could be imagined but have no evidence for their existence. If you can show me some good reason to believe in the existence of your flavor of god, I’d consider changing my mind.

Morality is a human construct. We define it.

The opposite of suffering is not suffering.

Properly and thoroughly define God otherwise denying or saying you don’t believe in “it” is illogical.

Also, the opposite of -1 is not 0. Not suffering is not the opposite of suffering but is like 0 compared to 1. 1 would be the opposite of -1. What would be the actual opposite of suffering?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:42 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
Properly and thoroughly define God otherwise denying or saying you don’t believe in “it” is illogical.

Also, the opposite of -1 is not 0. Not suffering is not the opposite of suffering but is like 0 compared to 1. 1 would be the opposite of -1. What would be the actual opposite of suffering?

Just because you assert that something is illogical doesn’t make it illogical. I’ve explained to you my criteria for believing that something exists. Explain exactly why my reasoning is illogical.

I can imagine a near infinite number of entities that would fall within the class of things referred to as Gods. I see no good reason to believe that any of them actually exist. Explain exactly why this is illogical.

It’s simple logic, Amore. The opposite of x is not x. Substitute anything for x that you like. You are confusing numbers on a number line with things that are not numbers. What is suffering +3?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:10 am 
God

Amore wrote:

Total burden shifting. The onus of thoroughly defining god lies upon the person claiming god exists. Not believing in something that you claim exists, yet won't define is not illogical. It is rational. There is an invisible pink unicorn residing in my garage. That I won't provide a better definition of the unicorn means it should be believed in?

Also your logic is broken! -1 is not limited to one, if is everything in the infinite number lines either direct that is not -1. Not suffering then, is any human condition in which a person is not suffering.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 pm 
Prophet

You guys are kind of helping make the point that God is a 3-letter word that involves subjective experience and interpretation. Scriptures define God as love. Is there just one right way of defining love? Moses came to define God as “I AM THAT I AM.” Some define God as intelligent design. Islam lists about 100 qualities of God, one being there are not sufficient words to properly describe God.

It is considered that belief is what you live. Paul Tillech (philosopher) defined god as one’s ultimate concern. I like that because it’s personal and honest. It doesn’t matter that you SAY you believe in God or that you don’t- what matters is what you actually prioritize in your every-day life. With this in mind, I consider God as the highest GOoD - and I imperfectly strive for that. It is not just a lack of suffering, but the best potential in any given circumstance - which facilitates not just surviving but really thriving.

Why was this thread moved to spirit prison section?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
It is considered that belief is what you live. Paul Tillech (philosopher) defined god as one’s ultimate concern. I like that because it’s personal and honest. It doesn’t matter that you SAY you believe in God or that you don’t- what matters is what you actually prioritize in your every-day life.

Well, who couldn't get behind this definition, if we decide we can define god any way we want to? If this is your definition of god, then I basically believe it too. I'd never use the word god to describe your personal values, however, because it confuses the issue (although I have for a very long time now highly suspected that god belief for most people essentially does represent the sum total of their personal values. It's a simple distillation of what they think is important about the universe, which is why the phrase "personal god" is as literal as it gets).

Calling your values "god" is adding religious baggage to what could be an otherwise cleaner set of thoughts.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:13 pm 
God

Amore, I don’t know why it’s here. There’s no log entry showing a move, so I’m not sure when it was done or who did it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9