It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trump Just Overtook The Democrats On Gay Rights
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:30 am 
God

Franktalk wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:
That's because you're too stupid or too lazy to do the necessary research to find out that he isn't making this up. It is an established fact that it is much more difficult to get refugee status than it is to just come here any other way.

I guess you don't follow the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... error.html

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/06/31-su ... past-year/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07 ... k-us-soil/

None of this disagrees with what he said. No one claims 100% of those vetted are never going to commit a crime or be radicalized into some extreme group. You suggested they should be vetting people, and we showed that they are. The purpose of vetting is to get rid of most of the bad apples as we can. It doesn't guarantee after they arrive that they may not become radicalized in some group anymore then natural born citizen's.

Frank, do you think it might be important to look at whether immigrants and refugees as a group commit crimes, including murder, at a higher or lower rate then natural born citizen's? If they commit these crimes at a lower rate, is it fair to say they make the US a safer and better place to live? If they commit crimes at lower rates, is it because Non-Americans are just better people, or do you think the vetting systems in place is responsible for Immigrants and refugees as a group, being less likely to commit crimes?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:30 am 
God

Franktalk wrote:
The US has a long history of intervention into the affairs of other countries to fix oppressive governments. I see no reason why that policy can't continue. But the progressives in this country do not want us involved in other countries. Instead they want the refugees here.

I have no problem with political asylum. But a massive problem in a country needs a different solution.

Not so much. We didn't get involved in WW2 until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.
We've overthrown democratically elected governments from Iran(1953) to install vicious a dictator; to Allende in Chile on September 11, 1973 to install another vicious dictator General Pinochet. Iraq was a construct of the US CIA and British Petroleum to control all our oil under their sand. Believe me this is just a small fraction of problems the US has created around the world.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:47 am 
God

ldsfaqs wrote:
I only sound like I'm so "terrible" online Jersey Girl....
Yes, I'm not nice when it concerns bigotry and lying.

You might actually love me if you actually knew me.

You don't sound "terrible", you sound like the poster child for ignorance and hypocrisy.

Every OP you start is crap.
Your premise is crap.
Your ranting/lashing out walls of text are crap.
Your claims about others are crap.
And your claims about yourself are crap.

It's not that you aren't nice. It's that you have no self respect and take no healthy pride in yourself, and you aren't self honest.

You let yourself be a failure. And every day and night that you spend watching youtube videos, posting new OP's with links to said videos on this board and lashing out at people here (because you intentionally set up your OP produce that opportunity to be attacked, claim attack and launch your repetitious tirades--don't you ever get tired of your damn self? Because conflict habituation is the only way you know how to relate socially), and all the hours that you spend playing online games, you choose to fail over and over and over again.

You claim to be conservative, when the circumstances that you have accepted and choose to live by, betray you.

You claim to be a Christian, when your lack of belief and faith, betray you.

I was happy to hear that you spent time with the boys this Sunday and engaged in physical activity with them. That could be your beginning if only you would love your boys, your God and yourself, more than you love your victimology.

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:26 pm 
God

Themis wrote:
None of this disagrees with what he said. No one claims 100% of those vetted are never going to commit a crime or be radicalized into some extreme group. You suggested they should be vetting people, and we showed that they are. The purpose of vetting is to get rid of most of the bad apples as we can. It doesn't guarantee after they arrive that they may not become radicalized in some group anymore then natural born citizen's.

Frank, do you think it might be important to look at whether immigrants and refugees as a group commit crimes, including murder, at a higher or lower rate then natural born citizen's? If they commit these crimes at a lower rate, is it fair to say they make the US a safer and better place to live? If they commit crimes at lower rates, is it because Non-Americans are just better people, or do you think the vetting systems in place is responsible for Immigrants and refugees as a group, being less likely to commit crimes?

There is a logic to what you say. But the magnitude of the crime is not equal. A murder of someone in anger happens within this country all of the time. But we are talking about someone who thinks they are at war with the entire US and wish to take it down. So we have seen mass murder. Everyone knows the risk of living with other humans. We can't avoid that risk. But we can avoid warfare leading to mass murder.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:13 pm 
God

Franktalk wrote:
There is a logic to what you say. But the magnitude of the crime is not equal. A murder of someone in anger happens within this country all of the time. But we are talking about someone who thinks they are at war with the entire US and wish to take it down. So we have seen mass murder. Everyone knows the risk of living with other humans. We can't avoid that risk. But we can avoid warfare leading to mass murder.

Most mass murders have nothing to do with Islam. Lots of ideologies exist that inspire US citizens and immigrants to try and commit mass murder. Immigrant groups commit crimes at lesser rates then US citizens and have been part of overall reduction in crime rates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime

Immigrants and refugees do not make the US less safe, and the facts support that it makes the US safer. We need to look at why radicalization happens and who is most vulnerable to it. Most terror acts have more to with other issues then some radical ideology.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:13 pm 
God

After Media Spends Months Pretending Trump Is LGBT Friendly, He Hires Head Of Bigoted Website To Run His Campaign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:52 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:

I don't get how he thinks these people will help him. He already has their audience. He had then when he called Mexicans rapists and murderer's. Maybe someone forgot to tell him you campaign to the far right in the republican nomination process, and after winning it, you campaign in the middle to get the left leaning of your party and those in the center.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 pm 
God

Themis wrote:
I don't get how he thinks these people will help him. He already has their audience. He had then when he called Mexicans rapists and murderer's. Maybe someone forgot to tell him you campaign to the far right in the republican nomination process, and after winning it, you campaign in the middle to get the left leaning of your party and those in the center.

What I like about Trump is he will do it his way. No matter what he does the liberal press will spin it into a negative msg. I can't wait for the debates. He is going to destroy Hillary. When he is done she will be on the floor having spasms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:21 pm 
God

Franktalk wrote:
What I like about Trump is he will do it his way. No matter what he does the liberal press will spin it into a negative msg. I can't wait for the debates. He is going to destroy Hillary. When he is done she will be on the floor having spasms.

Trump is both arrogant and ignorant. I would expect any candidate to know more about the issues then myself, yet it's obvious that trump does not. Then add in his arrogance and selfishness and you have the worst candidate in US history. Hillary is at least educated on the issues, while not being very popular outside of her base. Yet she will probably easy win because republicans were not smart enough to pick a better candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 pm 
God

The major political debates involve politicians reciting canned responses to one another on a series of easily predictable, rehearsed topics. Trump's total inability to be coached or act even vaguely like a composed leader could make it interesting, but not in a good way. Stuff like bragging about the size of his cock during a debate might work for a Fox News, Republican primary audience, but that's not "good debating" in reality or in terms of what's expected in the general election.

What Trump's team needs to do, and will do, is to work the media into setting very low expectations so when he shows up and manages to answer questions while not shooting heroin on stage, the media will review his performance positively against their preformed expectations. Insisting he's going to be awesome just undercuts this strategy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:20 am 
God

Trump cannot even handle an interview with Megan Kelly without having a conniption fit. Hillary is going to destroy him in the debates and the election.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 am 
God

EAllusion wrote:
The major political debates involve politicians reciting canned responses to one another on a series of easily predictable, rehearsed topics. Trump's total inability to be coached or act even vaguely like a composed leader could make it interesting, but not in a good way. Stuff like bragging about the size of his cock during a debate might work for a Fox News, Republican primary audience, but that's not "good debating" in reality or in terms of what's expected in the general election.

What Trump's team needs to do, and will do, is to work the media into setting very low expectations so when he shows up and manages to answer questions while not shooting heroin on stage, the media will review his performance positively against their preformed expectations. Insisting he's going to be awesome just undercuts this strategy.

i completely disagree. Obama recovered from the Romney debates not with substance but rather with style (eg - "the 80s called and want their foreign policy back", which was an obvious "canned response" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBm0216FKk).

What Trump will do is be Trump and as a result Hilary will either be neutered (spayed). If Trump's strategy is to convince the moderate electorate then all he has to do is be a good tv personality - and that is something he can do whereas she can not.
https://youtu.be/1o8qsmJLdVY
note the diversity...the diversity...........the.....diversity

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:00 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
i completely disagree. Obama recovered from the Romney debates not with substance but rather with style (eg - "the 80s called and want their foreign policy back", which was an obvious "canned response" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBm0216FKk).

What Trump will do is be Trump and as a result Hilary will either be neutered (spayed). If Trump's strategy is to convince the moderate electorate then all he has to do is be a good tv personality - and that is something he can do whereas she can not.
https://youtu.be/1o8qsmJLdVY
note the diversity...the diversity...........the.....diversity

Proceed Sub's.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:04 pm 
God

ldsfaqs wrote:
While I would personally agree with general anti-gay laws in a more moral society,

Bumping for Ldsfaqs.

What anti gay laws would you like to see enacted?

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:01 pm 
God

So, Botswana is deporting an American evangelical pastor who has been preaching the death penalty for gays in the country:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ?tid=sm_tw

This is a fun quote:

Quote:
On the air, he said the people killed at a gay nightclub in Orlando this summer were "disgusting homosexuals who the Bible says were worthy of death."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:20 pm 
God

I bumped the wrong thread here, incidentally. I was looking for the one where several usual suspects denied my claim that American evangelical leaders have been involved in whipping up anti-gay sentiments and legislation in Africa.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm 
God

ldsfaqs,

There have been many movements in history that predicated their own existence on the denial of the same rules of protection for minority groups.

Jews in Germany, Chinese in California, Japanese on the West Coast, Native Americans in America...I wonder if you could share an example from past history of a minority group being denied equal rights which you feel was justified.

- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land