It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Hawkeye really Kevin Graham?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm 
God

I notice Hawkeye shows up 3 days after a medical announcement from Kevin Graham. Hawkeye also seems to post a lot like Kevin Graham.

If this is just a sock puppet for Kevin Graham I just want to be the first to say there is absolutely nothing wrong to posting while you have a medical issue. If there is another reason - then I’m at a loss for the disguise.

Post subject: Re: Is Hawkeye really Kevin Graham?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:41 pm 
God

I think they are one in the same.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:50 pm 
God

Come on - does anyone here dispute this claim of sock puppet? How about you Kevin Graham?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:18 pm 
God

I guess I don't yet see it. Kevin is one of Nancy Pelosi's trusted knights of old welfare. As a liberal he enjoys the right to verbally abuse, intimidate, and shout idiotic arguments, without fear of IRL consequences he would suffer if did the same things as a conservative. I'm not sure he'd call himself Hawkeye either. Perhaps something more like ojo del halcon or Che Guevara.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 pm 
God

I've changed my mind. Hawkeye sounds a lot like Kevin Graham.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 pm 
God

I'm not sure why I'm indulging this thought experiment... boredom, I guess.

But here's the question: why bother? Why create a sockpuppet to be the same persona? Isn't the pattern for creating a sockpuppet to fool people into thinking they're someone else by being completely different?

This doesn't mean the person's good at being different, but you can at least detect the attempt, perhaps even in some form of satire.

None of that maps in this case.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 am 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
I'm not sure why I'm indulging this thought experiment... boredom, I guess.

But here's the question: why bother? Why create a sockpuppet to be the same persona? Isn't the pattern for creating a sockpuppet to fool people into thinking they're someone else by being completely different?

This doesn't mean the person's good at being different, but you can at least detect the attempt, perhaps even in some form of satire.

None of that maps in this case.

Generally you are right. However, I don't blame anyone for just wanting to remove their IRL name from all of their posts. Even if a little searching would uncover who the poster was a sock for it still isn't a terrible idea to at least offer some minimum level of anonymity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 am 
God

Xenophon wrote:
However, I don't blame anyone for just wanting to remove their IRL name from all of their posts. Even if a little searching would uncover who the poster was a sock for it still isn't a terrible idea to at least offer some minimum level of anonymity.

I certainly don't blame anyone for wanting anonymity. In Kevin's case, however, it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It's always possible, but given what we know about Kevin, I don't see it.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 am 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
I certainly don't blame anyone for wanting anonymity. In Kevin's case, however, it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It's always possible, but given what we know about Kevin, I don't see it.

No disagreement here, just proposing a reason why, if this were Kevin Graham, that he might do it. I think we have had a few situations pretty similar on this board, our wonderful classics professor comes to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm 
God

Quote:
It's always possible, but given what we know about Kevin, I don't see it

Do you see it now?

Hawkeye wrote

Quote:
You know who I am and where I live. If you had half the balls you pretend to have you wouldn't be demeaning people behind a pseudonym in response to being refuted every time. Don't even pretend you want to go down this route with me. If you did, you can come see me and find out how one ball is all that is needed to manhandle a little sniveling weasel like you.