It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:50 pm 
According to Wiki, Courtney Simpson grew up a devout Mormon. She intended to stay a virgin until marriage, but first had sex at 18, then went on to become a pornstar.

This is a brief interview about "Courtney's" exit from the porn industry. She retired in 2006, and hasn't made any more porn films since then.

The question is: Has she been excommunicated? I could not find any reference to that.

The Church shows little tolerance for "intellectuals, gays and feminists", but does it turn a blind eye to Mormon porn stars? Is this a case of she's not criticising the Church, so leave her alone?

(Warning Note: Some of the links in the Wiki entry contain pornographic material.)
>
>
>


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:47 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 15050
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Ray,

I've never heard of Courtney Simpson, and for some reason, I'm wondering why you have. :biggrin:

_________________
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:12 am
Posts: 1630
Location: California
Why aren't porn stars hot?

_________________
"You clearly haven't read [Dawkins'] book." -Kevin Graham, 11/04/09


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:53 pm 
Runtu wrote:
Ray,

I've never heard of Courtney Simpson, and for some reason, I'm wondering why you have. :biggrin:


I found it while searching under "Mormon pornstars". :biggrin:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:03 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:29 am
Posts: 2872
Ray A wrote:
Runtu wrote:
Ray,

I've never heard of Courtney Simpson, and for some reason, I'm wondering why you have. :biggrin:


I found it while searching under "Mormon pornstars". :biggrin:


too funny: other porn stars that were reared in the LDS church:

Annette Haven
Rhonda Jo Petty
Brandy Alexander (who I think I use dance with at stake dances)

_________________
I want to fly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm 
Regional Representative
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:22 am
Posts: 666
karl61 wrote:
too funny: other porn stars that were reared in the LDS church:

Annette Haven
Rhonda Jo Petty
Brandy Alexander (who I think I use dance with at stake dances)

My personal fave: Belladonna (wiki link - no nudity)

_________________
"Christian anti-Mormons are no different than that wonderful old man down the street who turns out to be a child molester." - Obiwan, nutjob mormon apologist - Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:00 pm 
I'm just wondering if there'll be some kind of "purge" of Mormon pornstars from the Church? Or a Sexy September Six excommunication. I mean, it's on the Net, Mormon porn stars.

I take it, however, that Signature Books and "intellectuals" are worthy of more attention.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:12 am
Posts: 1630
Location: California
Don't forget about the gays in committed, loving relationships -- those are obviously much worse than chlamydia-ridden prostitutes-by-proxy.

_________________
"You clearly haven't read [Dawkins'] book." -Kevin Graham, 11/04/09


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:23 pm 
I think the basic thinking is, and has been for a long time, that those who break the moral code, even if inactive but still publicly identifying as Mormon, are no threat, even though the Book of Mormon calls it "the sin next to murder".

The critic is the Church's greatest threat, and even if he/she breaks no moral code, they will be hunted down.

Spy rings tracked Quinn's activities, but where are the spy rings tracking Mormon porn stars? Or for that matter, Mormons engaging in "questionable business activities"?

It seems quite an anomaly to me, considering that someone like David Wright should be excommunicated for trying to be honest, and criticism labeled as "a disease".


Last edited by Ray A on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 pm 
Ray A wrote:

The question is: Has she been excommunicated? I could not find any reference to that.

The Church shows little tolerance for "intellectuals, gays and feminists", but does it turn a blind eye to Mormon porn stars? Is this a case of she's not criticising the Church, so leave her alone?

(Warning Note: Some of the links in the Wiki entry contain pornographic material.)
>



Decided to do a little research into male mormon porn stars, didn't find any in the 30 seconds that I looked, however I came across info that a Chad Hardy created a calendar of mission returned Mormon men ..exposed...and Ray you might be interested to know that the Church did supposedly excommunicate him and revoke his BYU degree as well.

I believe his web site is http://www.chadhardy.com but one can see pictures of the 2009 calendar here Hotter-day Saints ..I think Liz might be interested.

Warning: close to being pornographic material but not quite :wink:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:31 pm 
marg wrote:

I believe his web site is http://www.chadhardy.com but one can see pictures of the 2009 calendar here Hotter-day Saints ..I think Liz might be interested.


I think that only reinforces my point, marg. If Hardy had done a provocative calendar with nothing about Mormonism in it, and even if he publicly identified as Mormon - they would not have touched him.

It only becomes "immoral" if it in any way "attacks" the Church.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 pm 
Ray A wrote:

I think that only reinforces my point, marg. If Hardy had done a provocative calendar with nothing about Mormonism in it, and even if he publicly identified as Mormon - they would not have touched him.

It only becomes "immoral" if it in any way "attacks" the Church.


That's true he uses the church in the marketing strategy of the calendars.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 pm
Posts: 3482
does she still believe the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet? Does she sustain thomas S. Monson as her living prophet? Does she keep the word of wisdom? Does she pay 10% of her porn earnings to the church? Does she magnify her callings and attend church regularly? Does she attend the temple?

If she can answer yes to the above questions, she might only get disfellowshipped.

BTW - The article says her father was an Oral Surgeon. Nice to know she got into the same field of work.

_________________
"The truth is not uplifting; it destroys." - Boyd K. Packer

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 am
Posts: 4394
Location: Arizona
DarkHelmet wrote:
does she still believe the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet? Does she sustain thomas S. Monson as her living prophet? Does she keep the word of wisdom? Does she pay 10% of her porn earnings to the church? Does she magnify her callings and attend church regularly? Does she attend the temple?

If she can answer yes to the above questions, she might only get disfellowshipped.

BTW - The article says her father was an Oral Surgeon. Nice to know she got into the same field of work.



LOL! :lol:

_________________
'O be wise; what can I say more?'
- Jacob 6:12


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:57 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 am
Posts: 6529
Location: Cassius University
Ray A wrote:
I think the basic thinking is, and has been for a long time, that those who break the moral code, even if inactive but still publicly identifying as Mormon, are no threat, even though the Book of Mormon calls it "the sin next to murder".

The critic is the Church's greatest threat, and even if he/she breaks no moral code, they will be hunted down.

Spy rings tracked Quinn's activities, but where are the spy rings tracking Mormon porn stars? Or for that matter, Mormons engaging in "questionable business activities"?

It seems quite an anomaly to me, considering that someone like David Wright should be excommunicated for trying to be honest, and criticism labeled as "a disease".


You're absolutely right, Ray. And we need to bear in mind the close relationship that the SCMC has with apologetics. I'm sure you'll recall that DCP was summoned to serve as an "agent" of the SCMC---something he apparently agreed to do without so much as a second thought. Thus, the "spies" are going to tend to be reserved to those individuals who pose a threat to the Church-Mopologetic agenda.

_________________
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:16 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: Lehi, UT
Don't forget Cynthia Brimhall, Playboy's Playmate of the Month October, 1985. She graduated from my High School--along with Jim McMahon. Both of our celebrates were known for the naughtiness, but that's how we roll in the Roy Utah.

_________________
Mormon Expression


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:29 am
Posts: 2872
bump

_________________
I want to fly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:45 am
Posts: 7530
Location: somewhere else
karl61 wrote:
porn stars that were reared in the LDS church


I can't believe you guys left this opportunity untouched....

_________________
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:24 pm 
Blixa wrote:
karl61 wrote:
porn stars that were reared in the LDS church


I can't believe you guys left this opportunity untouched....


There also appears to be a lack of conversation involving the missionary position. :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 pm 
I should make a few things clear about this thread. My aim was not to denigrate "Courtney Simpson" as a person. Her bio on Wiki is open for all to read, and has not been edited by her, apparently, where she is openly Mormon. This is also mentioned on some X-rated links to her. I would post them, but this thread will end up in the Telestial. That was not my choice, it was her choice, and just about everyone who knows her background will know she's Mormon. There's no indication, anywhere, that she was disciplined by the Church.

Yet a while ago, Bob McCue was subjected to false accusations about his marriage, and the article was so defamatory that it was withdrawn, if you recall. I objected to this slandering of McCue. And I object to how the Church dug into Michael Quinn's private life. If "Courtney Simpson" had written one word of criticism against the Church, she would have been swiftly excommunicated, just like Chad Hardy. At least that's my guess.

Simpson is even celebrated as a "Mormon actress" on some G-rated sites. So I'm afraid poor little me is having some difficulty coming to terms with this.

It's okay to be a pornstar, but not okay to be a dissenting historian? And if you are a dissenting historian, there must be "immorality" going on in your life?

I'd be grateful to anyone who can clear my thinking on this. And I'll apologise if I'm wrong.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Courtney Simpson: Mormon Porn Star.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 pm 
Ray wrote:
Yet a while ago, Bob McCue was subjected to false accusations about his marriage, and the article was so defamatory that it was withdrawn, if you recall. I objected to this slandering of McCue. And I object to how the Church dug into Michael Quinn's private life. If "Courtney Simpson" had written one word of criticism against the Church, she would have been swiftly excommunicated, just like Chad Hardy. At least that's my guess.

Simpson is even celebrated as a "Mormon actress" on some G-rated sites. So I'm afraid poor little me is having some difficulty coming to terms with this.


You bring up some very good points, Ray.

My understanding was that if someone was a public embarrassment to the Church, he or she would also be subject to swift excommunication.

I am actually surprised that Simpson has not had any Church action taken against her. If she is publicly identified as a Mormon practicing porn, that's pretty damning.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group