It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Building the FARMS Ziggurat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 am 
God

TAK wrote:

What is the 1995 protocol?

Read the thread. The 1st page refers to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 am 
Nursery

My memory's a little fuzzy but I do remember that it covered how people would get paid, division of labor, and things like that. What stands out in my mind is a prime directive and I remember it because it was specifically bolded and underlined. It was about making sure that there was always a clear division between farms and byu and the churhc in terms of money, bureaucracy and power and whatnot. i understood it to mean that the church didn't want there to be any connection back to what the apologists were doing. There was mention of antimormon ministries and how the Church didn't want farms to seem like a mormon version of one of those. It also said that the brethren would have final say over everything that happened.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:00 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Calculus Crusader wrote:

In other words, he would be another Some Schmo.

ROTFLMAO

Do you go out of your way to accuse others of the things you're most guilty? If you don't like the phrase, "I know you are, but what am I?" then you should quit screaming out for it. This description fits you more than anyone on this board (including Will).

OMG, that was funny.

People who laugh overly much (as you do) either are nervous or stupid. You meet both criteria.

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm 
God

Calculus Crusader wrote:
People who laugh overly much (as you do) either are nervous or stupid. You meet both criteria.

:lol:

LOL

Is that your clinical opinion?

LOL

Do you ever tire of making moronic crap up?

LOL

Yes, I'm sure you think there's such a thing as "laughing too much."

LOL

That attitude (in your case) likely comes from not being loved much in your life.

LOL

Perhaps if you were more loveable, people's laughter wouldn't offend you.

LOL

:lol:

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:28 pm 
Hermit

.d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:40 pm 
God

Calculus Crusader wrote:

People who dole out unsolicited, insulting psychological observations are pricks. Oops.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:27 pm 
God

Arnold Friend wrote:
My memory's a little fuzzy but I do remember that it covered how people would get paid, division of labor, and things like that. What stands out in my mind is a prime directive and I remember it because it was specifically bolded and underlined. It was about making sure that there was always a clear division between farms and byu and the churhc in terms of money, bureaucracy and power and whatnot. i understood it to mean that the church didn't want there to be any connection back to what the apologists were doing. There was mention of antimormon ministries and how the Church didn't want farms to seem like a mormon version of one of those. It also said that the brethren would have final say over everything that happened.

So you know it exists. You saw it. And the Brethren wanted plausible deniability, which it appears they still have.

But the Brethren didn't want FARMS to seem like a Mormon version of an anti-Mormon ministry? Seems like someone wasn't/isn't paying attention to them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm 
God

harmony wrote:
But the Brethren didn't want FARMS to seem like a Mormon version of an anti-Mormon ministry? Seems like someone wasn't/isn't paying attention to them.

Uh, I don't think their goal is specifically to discredit other faiths.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm 
God

Trevor wrote:
harmony wrote:

Uh, I don't think their goal is specifically to discredit other faiths.

Perhaps not, although I was referring to tone rather than subject matter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 am 
God

beastlie:
Quote:
And, no, Will, I’m certain we’ve never met. I am naturally a brunette.

I only asked if you were “naturally” a red head because the first photo showed you with red hair, and the woman I seem to remember meeting was, in fact, a brunette.

At any rate, I still can’t put my finger on where and when, but I’m almost certain we’ve met. I forget names, but I hardly ever forget faces.

Quote:
Of course all human beings notice physical attractiveness, and it’s unrealistic to pretend it doesn’t affect how we regard each other. There was just recently a great example of this from Britain’s version of American Idol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Based on nothing more than her dowdy appearance, the judges and audience were certain she was going to be a dud, and laughed at her aspirations. And then she opened her mouth. For all the people on this planet who have had to suffer from being judged and belittled due to nothing more than their looks, I wanted to shout: YOU GO GIRL!

:lol:!!!!

I just watched this clip for the first time.

You and everyone else who got sucked in by this slick marketing ploy deserve every trick ever played on you.

Hello!

Doesn’t the production of this little so-called “viral video” strike you as just a bit too well-packaged?

Again: HELLO! Common sense calling!

How is it that I, the stupid, gullible, believing Mormon, can see right through this faux “ugly duckling” set up, and you supposedly “open-eyed” intellectually liberated exmormons have bought into it hook, line, and sinker?

This is just another example of my assertion that when apostates walk out the chapel door, they leave their irony sensor behind.

Folks, if you believe this is anything other than a cleverly crafted ploy, I’ve got a Mormon bishop with a Ponzi scheme I’d like you to meet …

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 am 
Seedy Academician

William Schryver wrote:
Folks, if you believe this is anything other than a cleverly crafted ploy, I’ve got a Mormon bishop with a Ponzi scheme I’d like you to meet …

I'm sure you do, and more than one I'd wager.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:01 am 
Famous Potato

William Schryver wrote:

I am sure you do and those are the type Bishops you hang with. Nothing new, Will, those Bishops are dime a dozen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 am 
Seedy Academician

Pokatator wrote:
Nothing new, Will, those Bishops are dime a dozen.

Since the religion started as a Ponzi scheme, it should be no surprise.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:09 am 
Famous Potato

Sorry, Kish, we thought the same thing but you win.

Will, if we are duped so are about 30 million other people, at least, that is the number that Fox News stated about 3 nights ago had viewed it. They claimed it broke the record for views on youtube. The clip provided shows over 3 million views but there are other views on youtube plus on other sites.

Even if I have been duped I enjoyed it. Did you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 am 
God

Pokatator wrote:

Will, if we are duped so are about 30 million other people, at least, that is the number that Fox News stated about 3 nights ago had viewed it. They claimed it broke the record for views on youtube. The clip provided shows over 3 million views but there are other views on youtube plus on other sites.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the woman can sing. No doubt.

But if you believe that everything is on the "up and up" here, you're nuts.

In fact, so convinced was I that this scam had to be obvious to someone else, I did a little Googling and turned up this story from yesterday's New York Post:

Sarah Boyle Suspicions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Pokatator wrote:

In fact, so convinced was I that this scam had to be obvious to someone else, I did a little Googling and turned up this story from yesterday's New York Post:

Sarah Boyle Suspicions

Congrats.. your bullsh*t meter works! At least sometimes...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:48 am 
Famous Potato

William Schryver wrote:
Pokatator wrote:

Sarah Boyle Suspicions

Sure Will go to an anti-Sarah Boyle website for information! :lol:

So what does this prove?

Quote:
You and everyone else who got sucked in by this slick marketing ploy deserve every trick ever played on you.

How is it that you the stupid, gullible, believing brainwashed Mormon, can see right through this faux “ugly duckling” set up, and you supposedly can't be "open-eyed” and intellectually liberated and honest about Joseph Smith, why have you bought into it hook, line, and sinker?

It proves that while you have been duped by Joseph Smith & Co. you're not going to be duped by Sarah Boyle.

Again: HELLO! Common sense calling!

This is just another example of my assertion that when Mormons walk in the chapel door, they leave their common sense behind.

Will, if you believe this Mormon stuff is anything other than a cleverly crafted ploy, I’ve got an opera singer with a Ponzi scheme I’d like you to meet …

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:00 am 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

I thought that it couldn't hurt to get things back on track a bit. To my recollection, these five critical questions have not yet been fully answered:

1) What motivated the Brethren to "invite" FARMS to join fully and officially with BYU? We know that it had something to do with FARMS's "fundraising" and PR, as per Reynolds, but what, specifically, was it? The Ziggurat?

2) What was the "quip" which clued DCP into the fact that the hostility in the FARMS Review needed to be dialed down?

3) What did the Chair of Ancient Studies think of DCP's characterization of his actions, and, further, why did DCP feel the need to characterize his actions as "assert[ing] suzerainty"?

4) What were the details---financial and otherwise---underlying both the 1995 Protocol, and the subsequent "discussions"?

5) Why, during this very tumultuous time, was the FARMS accountant terminated?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 am 
God

Who cares if the Susan Boyle audition was manufactured, so to speak? That does nothing to dispute the point I was making: that human beings make negative judgments about other human beings based on nothing more than their looks. There have been an abundance of studies that demonstrate this point, and the Susan Boyle episode - even if it was manufactured - still demonstrates the point.

I think that someone who, by his own admission, believes people can see buried treasures in special stones ought not to throw stones of any sort in his particular fragile abode.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:41 am 
God

I don't want to derail this further, honestly, I don't. But I have to say this. No way is the NYP correct in their assertion that the Susan Boyle performance was a set up. Even IF Simon had her participate as a "ringer", there is no possible way that an audience of that size, would take part in the mocking and ridicule as a set up without someone spilling on Simon. No possible way.

[/derail]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:46 pm 
Seedy Academician

Doctor Scratch wrote:
1) What motivated the Brethren to "invite" FARMS to join fully and officially with BYU? We know that it had something to do with FARMS's "fundraising" and PR, as per Reynolds, but what, specifically, was it? The Ziggurat?

I am undoubtedly wrong, and I know you believe in research over speculation, but allow me to speculate. It was the aggressive pursuit of Correlation that drove the Brethren to bring FARMS under the wing of BYU. It was all about the priesthood chain of command. The Ziggurat demonstrated the kind of independence that belonged already to the past. They needed to head it off before it got underway.

Doctor Scratch wrote:
2) What was the "quip" which clued DCP into the fact that the hostility in the FARMS Review needed to be dialed down?

Any note of disapproval, not matter how indirect, would be taken with the utmost seriousness, if it came from the Brethren.

Doctor Scratch wrote:
5) Why, during this very tumultuous time, was the FARMS accountant terminated?

The process for assimilation had begun, and the FARMS accountant was no longer needed. That, or he was skimming money to make rent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next