It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Building the FARMS Ziggurat
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:32 pm 
Scratch is gone? Never mind. I've found my new role. I will take over where Scratch left off, but with a different angle (though not with half the grace, style, nor intellect) - I'm an anti-Mormon. He wasn't. He was right about many things, but as I said, his anonymity worked as much against him as for him.

"How long halt ye between two opinions?" 1st Kings 18:21

I'll start in the next few days (when I'm off work) by helping some "opinion halters" thinking a little more decivisely.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:34 pm 
God

Trevor wrote:
Pokatator wrote:
If Dr. Dan wanted Scratch out of his business, Scratch gave him many opportunities.

Yes, but he handed Daniel one opportunity he knew would be taken. Obviously, he wanted out for some reason. Anyone want to do a Scratchoscopy on Scratch? Offering the sinister theory for the reasons behind his exit from MormonDiscussions.com?

Danite cyber-agents were closing in on his position so he had to go dark.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 pm 
God

Ray A wrote:
Scratch is gone? Never mind. I've found my new role. I will take over where Scratch left off, but with a different angle (though not with half the grace, style, nor intellect) - I'm an anti-Mormon. He wasn't. He was right about many things, but as I said, his anonymity worked as much against him as for him.

I'll start in the next few days (when I'm off work) by helping some "opinion halters" thinking a little more decivisely.

Can I be one of your creepy informants?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm 
The Nehor wrote:

Sure - submit your resignation, and tell your bishop he's a dickwad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:51 pm 
God

Ray A wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

Never mind. With all the time I've spent keeping covenants it would be a shame to toss them now. Plus, I like my Bishop. Really nice guy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:28 pm 
God

Ray A wrote:

LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
Famous Potato

The Nehor wrote:
Ray A wrote:

You're definitely creepy enough but not sure you're informed. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 pm 
God

Pokatator wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

Zing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

Gadianton wrote:
The way he kept his word though, is certainly a devastating blow against apologetics.

To Scratches like yourself, everything is a devastating blow against apologetics.

Was this a watershed moment in the history of apologetics, as well?

Gadianton wrote:
Never have the apologists known such integrity.

Scratch was probably the most Christlike man who ever lived, and the greatest contemporary English prose stylist, too!

Gadianton wrote:
there certainly would have been catastrophic embarrassment ahead for the apologists.

They were headed for a disaster of biblical proportions: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Gadianton wrote:
Anyway, that's all I had for P. He's on my ignore list, has been for some time though I've fallen and read him from time to time. That ends with Scratch's death, along with these final sentiments.

Everything's coming up roses.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

Pokatator wrote:
Maybe Scratch just got a belly full of it.

LOL. Yeah. That's it. He simply couldn't endure my persecution of him any more.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 pm 
God

Daniel Peterson wrote:
... dogs and cats living together...

Uh oh. Another Armageddon moment in my little corner of the world!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm 
God

Pokatator wrote:

True, I have neither the time nor the disposition to spend my life digging up dirt on people to expose their errors or possible errors. I will never be as informed as one of Scratch's informants in this way. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm 
Star B

"and the world of the Book of Mormon - stone work reminiscent of Meso-American pyramids and other structures."

Wouldn't mounds and fields of bones of millions killed in battles in New York be more appropriate? Nothing in the Book of Mormon or the teaching of Joseph Smith of Lamanites, Nephites and Book of Mormon peoples points to Azteca, Incas or the like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 am 
Crack whore trainee

I would like to thank Mr. Scratch for his time on the board. I enjoyed reading his posts and learned a lot from him. He was always entertaining. I'll miss him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:51 pm 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
Back during my days posting on FAIR, I used to log in using a University of Southern California computer. (And no---I won't say whether it was as faculty, staff, student, or via one of the public-access terminals.) Apparently, this fact was looked at or "spied upon" by the moderating team at FAIR/MAD. Also apparently, the USC IP addresses terminate at the USC Gould School of Law (I'm guessing, anyhow). Well, it seems that this information was passed along to DCP, who thought that he would use it in an effort to taunt me and/or shut me up. You can search through his old posts for words like "trojan," or "gould," and so on. You'll see that DCP would drop these terms into various exchanges that we had. I later learned, thanks to Liz, that DCP believed that I had been a student at the USC law school (I never was), and he was using this information to try and attack me. Probably nobody noticed, but that's what he was up to. And, as people here know, I certainly never said anything publicly about myself. So: he was using ill-begotten information to try and shut me up, or to exact revenge against me. This ought to answer the question of whether or not he peddles people's IRL information in an unethical fashion. Again: this was totally private information that I'd never revealed to anybody.

I always suspected that the FAIR mods passed on IRL info to DCP, and probably others. Despicable.

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:54 pm 
God

Daniel Peterson wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
This ought to answer the question of whether or not he peddles people's IRL information in an unethical fashion.

I think it does. Had I actually wanted to reveal your IRL information, I would have outright said what I knew. As it is, I doubt that very many even noticed those obscure passing references in a relative handful of posts, and I doubt that, if they had, they would have known what to make of them.

Of course, this didn't stop you from 'outing' GoodK. Despicable.

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm 
God

If, in fact, Scratch does stay away, I'll miss the kinds of posts where he put together time lines and documented events. Those were some real gems.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:35 pm 
God

Ray A wrote:

Somehow I just can't help but want to watch this train wreck from start to finish.

You go, Ray. You da man that can help those "opinion halters" think a little more "decivisely" -- whatever the hell that is.

And while you're at, we'll get to experience the "in progress" cautionary tale of you riding a bullet train curse, hell-bent for leather and self-immolation.

You were warned ... don't ever forget that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:52 pm 
William Schryver wrote:
Somehow I just can't help but want to watch this train wreck from start to finish.

You go, Ray. You da man that can help those "opinion halters" think a little more "decivisely" -- whatever the hell that is.

And while you're at, we'll get to experience the "in progress" cautionary tale of you riding a bullet train curse, hell-bent for leather and self-immolation.

You were warned ... don't ever forget that.

I was "warned" in 1985. Twenty-four years later I'm free of your circle-jerk cult. With Mormons like you, who needs the Jim Joneses?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:30 pm 
God

Ray:
Quote:
I was "warned" in 1985.

And look what you’ve become in the meantime!

Hello!

Ray, you’re life has become a freaking disaster in the quarter century since you first violated your covenant with God. Look around you, my would-be nemesis! Do you like what you see?

Where is the committed love of an eternal companion with whom you might have relished life all this time, and whom you might have had beside you forever? What do you “enjoy” in its place?

Where is your posterity of gospel-rooted children and grandchildren, whose eyes shine with the pure light of truth and virtue?

Where is your peace of mind when you lie down at night?

The corrosion of your soul continues from day to day, leaving you bitter and cold; crippled and old.

Where is the light of truth and knowledge that might have steadily expanded your mind beyond the base and earthly thoughts upon which you are now fixated? Gone. Replaced with the vanity of the pretended wisdom and meagre intellectual attainments of men who know less of the meaning and purpose of our existence than your average primary child. You might have positioned yourself for learning on a galactic scale, and instead you’ve settled for the constricting walls of a dank flat and a dingy cab.

And now, from the source you’d least prefer, you’ve been warned again. That is perhaps the most ironic cut of all, I know, but you have to learn to hear God’s voice in the most unlikely of places, and be willing and humble enough to accept it regardless of its origin.

And so, I implore you again: get off this train before it's too late. The consequences of ignoring the warning I bring could very well fall upon you with much more force, alacrity, and permanence than did those of the previous 24 years.

But I fear your feet are set on this path, no matter if an angel should call upon you with a voice of thunder.

The choice is, as always, yours to make.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 pm 
William Schryver wrote:
Ray:
Quote:
I was "warned" in 1985.

And look what you’ve become in the meantime!

Hello!

Ray, you’re life has become a freaking disaster in the quarter century since you first violated your covenant with God. Look around you, my would-be nemesis! Do you like what you see?

Where is the committed love of an eternal companion with whom you might have relished life all this time, and whom you might have had beside you forever? What do you “enjoy” in its place?

Where is your posterity of gospel-rooted children and grandchildren, whose eyes shine with the pure light of truth and virtue?

Where is your peace of mind when you lie down at night?

The corrosion of your soul continues from day to day, leaving you bitter and cold; crippled and old.

Where is the light of truth and knowledge that might have steadily expanded your mind beyond the base and earthly thoughts upon which you are now fixated? Gone. Replaced with the vanity of the pretended wisdom and meagre intellectual attainments of men who know less of the meaning and purpose of our existence than your average primary child. You might have positioned yourself for learning on a galactic scale, and instead you’ve settled for the constricting walls of a dank flat and a dingy cab.

And now, from the source you’d least prefer, you’ve been warned again. That is perhaps the most ironic cut of all, I know, but you have to learn to hear God’s voice in the most unlikely of places, and be willing and humble enough to accept it regardless of its origin.

And so, I implore you again: get off this train before it's too late. The consequences of ignoring the warning I bring could very well fall upon you with much more force, alacrity, and permanence than did those of the previous 24 years.

But I fear your feet are set on this path, no matter if an angel should call upon you with a voice of thunder.

The choice is, as always, yours to make.

My, my, it's going to be fun replying to this. Not ignoring you, Will, just saving the best for last.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next