It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:27 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Oh, no offense taken at all, bud.

Well, I'm glad I didn't get on your nerves too much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 pm 
Master Mahan

The Nehor wrote:
You can't provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals of the rantings of a lunatic.

More name-calling.

Quote:
Of all the people in this discussion only one is in a position to know and he said it doesn't happen.

He said *what* doesn't happen? That there has never been a single setting apart in the history of Mopologetics? Unfortunately, Tom provided a timely CFR which completely blows that claim out of the water, Nehor. You *have* actually be reading the posts, right? Because you are making some pretty staggering mistakes here.

Quote:
I can't debate you. If a lunatic points out that the sky is in fact pink with purple dots in it there's no having a conversation. There is pointing, laughing, and possibly throwing peanuts at him.

Your analogy could use some work. For example, if the sky routinely changed every single day--no make that every hour (or practically every hour), and if it also featured different designs, and, if someone were to say, "Gee, you know, it makes sense that the sky might sometimes turn pink, and have purple dots in it," then you might be somewhere within the ballpark of what I've been saying. Instead, you are strongly suggesting that you have serious reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did I ever say, definitively, that the Mopologists absolutely, 100% have been set apart and/or blessed. Instead, I said that it is quite safe to believe that they have. You are unable to correctly comprehend the basic position here, and, further, you are unable to supply anything resembling an intelligent rebuttal, so I suppose it should come as no surprise that your resort to name-calling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm 
God

I give up, you're impossible to reason with.

Enjoy your inane pontificating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 pm 
Master Mahan

The Nehor wrote:

Of course you give up. You never had a reasonable point to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 pm 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

The pot calls the kettle black.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 am 
Master Mahan

The Nehor wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:

The pot calls the kettle black.

The Nehor---

Where did I ever accuse you of being a "clown"? Where did I ever claim that you were " impossible to reason with"? I don't think that's the case, incidentally, I just think you're a weak reader, and that you're crippled by insecurity, and thus you rely on "humor" to make yourself seem "cool."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:48 pm 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
The Nehor---

Where did I ever accuse you of being a "clown"? Where did I ever claim that you were " impossible to reason with"? I don't think that's the case, incidentally, I just think you're a weak reader, and that you're crippled by insecurity, and thus you rely on "humor" to make yourself seem "cool."

I was referring only to the statement quoted where you said I had no reasonable point. You don't either, you impossible to reason with, quote overusing, insecure, weak reading, humorless, uncool clown.

There, I think I got everything in your post.

I'm sorry I hurt your widdle feelings by calling you a clown but that's no reason to blow up like this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:28 am 
Master Mahan

The Nehor wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
The Nehor---

I was referring only to the statement quoted where you said I had no reasonable point. You don't either, you impossible to reason with, quote overusing, insecure, weak reading, humorless, uncool clown.

You believe that it's "unreasonable" to assume that people involved in significant, faith-related, apologetic ventures would not receive blessings? And, you'd believe this in light of the fact that ward custodians are set apart?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:15 am 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
You believe that it's "unreasonable" to assume that people involved in significant, faith-related, apologetic ventures would not receive blessings? And, you'd believe this in light of the fact that ward custodians are set apart?

Yes, I've been put in charge of a few significant, faith-related ventures and have not received blessings for those ventures. I know others in similar positions. They haven't either. I have the advantage on you in that I actually belong wholeheartedly to the organization you criticize. I am involved. I talk with leaders, many of whom are my friends. I know how things generally work in this organization and I'm telling you that you are bonkers.