It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:43 pm 
Founder & Visionary
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:07 pm
Posts: 9979
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Quote:
Why do people dress up on Halloween? Because it's fun.

I can provide ironclad proof that he & I are NOT the same person if you wish.

_________________
"Apparently it takes LDS Inc. about 5 to 10 years to forget how much it hurt the last time it shot itself in the foot."

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm 
Dr. Shades wrote:
I can provide ironclad proof that he & I are NOT the same person if you wish.


That would be excellent, Shades.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:05 pm
Posts: 11830
Dr. Shades wrote:
Quote:
Why do people dress up on Halloween? Because it's fun.

I can provide ironclad proof that he & I are NOT the same person if you wish.


I don't actually think you are the same person so don't feel the need to divulge details on my account.

It's very difficult for a civilized intelligent though in my opinion slightly misguided man to double as a borderline psychotic conspiracy theorist with delusions of grandeur for any length of time.

_________________
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:02 pm 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:03 am
Posts: 3171
I nominate Zakuska for Most Misspelling Mopologist.

It's actually sort of weirdly endearing.

KA

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:29 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 15049
Location: Sterling, Virginia
KimberlyAnn wrote:
I nominate Zakuska for Most Misspelling Mopologist.

It's actually sort of weirdly endearing.

KA


What do you expect from someone who only knows how to spell "ctrl-c" and "ctrl-v"?

_________________
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm 
Hermit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:12 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Cave
007 wrote:
new tidbit of information from his anonymous sources and giddily jumps on the computer to post it, only to be crushed when he realizes that DCP will not be there to answer. The other end of the line has gone silent.


Actually, I think this all around has been an exciting develpment. The other end of the line has not gone dead at all, in fact, Mister Scratch has now been put on speakerphone and this latest debacle the apologists have found themselves in has generated some 80 posts from a variety of contributors over at MAD who for the most part seem very bitter and angry over Mister Scratch's victory. You'd think one or two at least might show some good sportsmanship and congratulate Mister Scratch on his win.

007 wrote:
We need to give Scratch some space during this difficult time. He desires mightily to make a change in his life. Maybe Scratch will stop watching the 40 yr old virgin over and over and crying his eyes out each time. Maybe he will take some time off from his Internet pursuits and finally find his first girlfriend. Maybe, hope beyond hope, someone, or even an animal, will find it within themselves to love Scratch. If Scratch could only experience someone actually loving him for who he is and not for the usual payment of $60,


Wow. First there was talk among the apologists that Scratch wanted to put things in people's butts, and now we have the apologists hoping and praying(?) that Scratch will sexually molest animals along with a slew of slanderous accusations such as Mister Scratch being a criminal that pays for sex. This is a pretty desperate attempt to blacken Scratch's character. Contrast this with the legitimate critiques Scratch makes. When Scratch talks about events that psychologically shaped the apologists, he sticks with episodes that the apologists have not only openly admitted to publically, but have themselves tied it into their overall projects as apologists. I think 007 owes Scratch a big apology, and if the apologists over at MAD have any moral fiber whatsoever, and are not hypocrites, they will repudiate 007's vile remarks here.

(on MAD, they have condemned this whole board for not condemning Scratch, so by their own standards, they themselves stand guilty if they refuse to apologize for 007's embarrassing behavior on this thread)

(another aside, Scratch's latest work has been about apologists in general, and not focused on any particular apologist).

_________________
Elliot Sober: "Our current ignorance is no evidence for the truth of any explanation, creationist or otherwise."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:04 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 5604
Dear Drs. Ray and Robbers,

I thank you for coming to my defense. It's clear that my musings on possible blessings and/or setting apart of apologists had really touched a nerve. I'm not sure why this bothers certain people so much, but, clearly, it does.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:05 pm
Posts: 11830
Mister Scratch wrote:
Dear Drs. Ray and Robbers,

I thank you for coming to my defense. It's clear that my musings on possible blessings and/or setting apart of apologists had really touched a nerve. I'm not sure why this bothers certain people so much, but, clearly, it does.


Touched a nerve, you're being ridiculed to scorn not because what you say has merit but because it's an unfounded unverified guess by a known conspiracy theorist. You're like a circus clown thinking he's being taken seriously because everyone is pointing and laughing.

_________________
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 5604
The Nehor wrote:
Touched a nerve, you're being ridiculed to scorn not because what you say has merit but because it's an unfounded unverified guess by a known conspiracy theorist. You're like a circus clown thinking he's being taken seriously because everyone is pointing and laughing.


More personal insults and unkind comparisons.

If my observations had no merit, one would think that apologists would be able to provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals, rather than relying on jokes about outhouses and comparisons to circus clowns. Instead, on the original thread, there were a number of thoughtful posters (TD and Tom, for instance) who provided further supporting reasons as to why it seems perfectly legitimate to assume that some kind of ecclesiastical sanction (blessing of the MI facilities, for instance, or setting apart of John Gee) took place.

If you can supply a good reason why the General Authorities wouldn't have blessed or set apart the apologists (which is every bit as fascinating and revelatory a question, imo), then feel free to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:07 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:05 pm
Posts: 11830
Mister Scratch wrote:
More personal insults and unkind comparisons.

If my observations had no merit, one would think that apologists would be able to provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals, rather than relying on jokes about outhouses and comparisons to circus clowns. Instead, on the original thread, there were a number of thoughtful posters (TD and Tom, for instance) who provided further supporting reasons as to why it seems perfectly legitimate to assume that some kind of ecclesiastical sanction (blessing of the MI facilities, for instance, or setting apart of John Gee) took place.

If you can supply a good reason why the General Authorities wouldn't have blessed or set apart the apologists (which is every bit as fascinating and revelatory a question, imo), then feel free to do so.


You can't provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals of the rantings of a lunatic. Of all the people in this discussion only one is in a position to know and he said it doesn't happen. Not content with logic and reason and evidence you concoct more insane scenarios.

I can't debate you. If a lunatic points out that the sky is in fact pink with purple dots in it there's no having a conversation. There is pointing, laughing, and possibly throwing peanuts at him.

_________________
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:28 pm 
God

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:00 am
Posts: 1047
Gadianton wrote:
Wow. First there was talk among the apologists that Scratch wanted to put things in people's butts, and now we have the apologists hoping and praying(?) that Scratch will sexually molest animals along with a slew of slanderous accusations such as Mister Scratch being a criminal that pays for sex. This is a pretty desperate attempt to blacken Scratch's character. Contrast this with the legitimate critiques Scratch makes. When Scratch talks about events that psychologically shaped the apologists, he sticks with episodes that the apologists have not only openly admitted to publically, but have themselves tied it into their overall projects as apologists. I think 007 owes Scratch a big apology, and if the apologists over at MAD have any moral fiber whatsoever, and are not hypocrites, they will repudiate 007's vile remarks here.

You know Gad, you're right. I should apologize to Scratch. I never should have revealed those things about his past on a public bulletin board. It's just that we are all trying so hard to get Scratch to open up to someone that I thought maybe laying out the source of his problems would be just the ticket. Sorry, Scratch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 pm 
Hermit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:12 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Cave
I'm sure, 0007, that all the apologists on MAD are finding your comments here funny. I assume that they do. Please, go on, say more nasty things about Mister Scratch.

_________________
Elliot Sober: "Our current ignorance is no evidence for the truth of any explanation, creationist or otherwise."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:15 pm 
dblagent007 wrote:
You know Gad, you're right. I should apologize to Scratch. I never should have revealed those things about his past on a public bulletin board.


You have a very sick sense of "humour".


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:23 am
Posts: 7137
Location: On the imaginary axis
dblagent007 wrote:
Gadianton wrote:
Wow. First there was talk among the apologists that Scratch wanted to put things in people's butts, and now we have the apologists hoping and praying(?) that Scratch will sexually molest animals along with a slew of slanderous accusations such as Mister Scratch being a criminal that pays for sex. This is a pretty desperate attempt to blacken Scratch's character. Contrast this with the legitimate critiques Scratch makes. When Scratch talks about events that psychologically shaped the apologists, he sticks with episodes that the apologists have not only openly admitted to publically, but have themselves tied it into their overall projects as apologists. I think 007 owes Scratch a big apology, and if the apologists over at MAD have any moral fiber whatsoever, and are not hypocrites, they will repudiate 007's vile remarks here.

You know Gad, you're right. I should apologize to Scratch. I never should have revealed those things about his past on a public bulletin board. It's just that we are all trying so hard to get Scratch to open up to someone that I thought maybe laying out the source of his problems would be just the ticket. Sorry, Scratch.


Mr S. really does seem to have touched a nerve.

Oh, and your mother dresses you funny. That's settled your hash.

_________________
Christopher Ralph: The discovery that the creators of South Park place a higher value on historical authenticity than do the Brethren creates spiritual shock-waves from which some members never recover.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 7880
The Nehor wrote:
You can't provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals of the rantings of a lunatic. Of all the people in this discussion only one is in a position to know and he said it doesn't happen. Not content with logic and reason and evidence you concoct more insane scenarios.

I can't debate you. If a lunatic points out that the sky is in fact pink with purple dots in it there's no having a conversation. There is pointing, laughing, and possibly throwing peanuts at him.

LOL

Dude... people in glass houses, stones, and all that.

It seems to me that what you just stated is the exact reason you stopped trying to have reasoned discussions here, if I've interpreted your posting behavior correctly. Everyone was saying this sort of thing about you.

If Scratch bears his testimony that everything his says is true, will you believe him then? I mean, you should, given your own experiences and expectations of others, shouldn't you?

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am 
God

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:00 am
Posts: 1047
Ray A wrote:
You have a very sick sense of "humour".

Very true, very true.

If Scratch can supply a good reason why those things I wrote about him wouldn't have happend, then he should feel free to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:05 pm
Posts: 11830
Some Schmo wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
You can't provide calm, meaningful, well-composed rebuttals of the rantings of a lunatic. Of all the people in this discussion only one is in a position to know and he said it doesn't happen. Not content with logic and reason and evidence you concoct more insane scenarios.

I can't debate you. If a lunatic points out that the sky is in fact pink with purple dots in it there's no having a conversation. There is pointing, laughing, and possibly throwing peanuts at him.

LOL

Dude... people in glass houses, stones, and all that.

It seems to me that what you just stated is the exact reason you stopped trying to have reasoned discussions here, if I've interpreted your posting behavior correctly. Everyone was saying this sort of thing about you.

If Scratch bears his testimony that everything his says is true, will you believe him then? I mean, you should, given your own experiences and expectations of others, shouldn't you?


I don't think they were saying I was illogical and insane. I think they were saying I was trite and overly jokey....for lack of a better term. Still, I could be wrong. If Scratch bears his testimony that everything he says is true AND the Spirit confirms it I will apologize.

_________________
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 am
Posts: 7213
The Nehor wrote:
[I think they were saying I was trite and overly jokey....for lack of a better term. Still, I could be wrong.


Well, you are correct about my reasons for doing it.

_________________
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 7880
Trevor wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
I think they were saying I was trite and overly jokey....for lack of a better term. Still, I could be wrong.


Well, you are correct about my reasons for doing it.

Hmph. OK.

I guess it was just me who thought you were illogical and insane (and always highly entertaining in the process... I don't know that there's any such thing as too jokey, but then, I'm a smartass).

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 am
Posts: 7213
Some Schmo wrote:
Trevor wrote:
Well, you are correct about my reasons for doing it.

Hmph. OK.


No offense intended, Schmo. I am just reporting what I was thinking when I chose Nehor for least substantive poster.

_________________
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:07 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 7880
Trevor wrote:
No offense intended, Schmo. I am just reporting what I was thinking when I chose Nehor for least substantive poster.

Oh, no offense taken at all, bud. I'm always open to the truth and further evidence. My "hmph" was a mildly surprised, "well, would you look at that.."

I have no illusions that I'm always right. I'll save that silliness for others around here.

;)

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Gunnar, neworder, suniluni2 and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group