LDS, Sept Dawn "A serious distortion of history"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

LDS, Sept Dawn "A serious distortion of history"

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

LDS Inc publicly states:
The LDS Church issued a statement today which said, "From what we know of this movie, it is a fictional portrayal before, during, and after the tragic events at Mountain Meadows in 1857. This film is a serious distortion of history."

Hey! Just like the Book of Mormon! All FICTION!

HARDLY, YOU LOSERS... The Book of Mormon IS FICTION, the Mormon led slaughter is not.. you see they found EVIDENCE that links LDS Inc to the savage throat slashing of nine year old children, so that their innocent little hearts could pump their precious blood out of their struggling bodies bodies to atone for their sins as it seeped deep into the Utah soil, leaving an indelible stain that will never be covered up AGAIN by the footwork of LDS Inc.

Proof that Mormons commanded that the skulls of the mothers of these small children be smashed with what ever large stone the Mormon murders could find until the skull broke and they dashed their innocent brain matter out onto the Utah soil.

Proof that Mormons shot unarmed men, point blank, execution style, in the heads to cause their lifeless bodies fall to the ground gushing their innocent blood onto the Mormon soil.

The TV station that is owned by LDS Inc ran the following report: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=871036

LDS Inc has long promised a book about the Mormon led slaughter for over three years now... Actually they promised it would be out in 2005.. I guess those pesky little FACTS keep popping up...

The COB will be in persecution level five come May 4th!

The reports says the movie will open in 1,000 theaters NATIONWIDE!

Sweet mother of truth!

Hey, how many theaters opened "Reworking the Story" errr I mean "The Work and the Glory"? 15? 20? ... or is the title "The Jerk who wrote a Story"?... anyways..

OH THE IRONY!! You see, LDS Inc thinks that the "Work and the Glory" book/movie series is a great way to learn LDS history! Not only that, look at the recent flicks that LDS Inc itself has put out concerning old Joe! Ya want distorted fictional history?!?!?! Watch any of those!

Hey, ya know what? Whatever the leaders of LDS Inc say to its cult members does not matter, because the truth about the Mormons will be known by hundreds of thousands on May 4th!

Come to think of it, there will probably be more viewers of this movie in the first month than the number of Mormons!

Man its a great time to be an exmormon!
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Hey PP!

Im going to go see this. Im gonna drag my sister along. its going to be funny every time she says "they wouldn't say that!" and i get to corect her each time. HAHAHA

THE TRUTH SHALL BE KNOWN!
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

And we all know how LDS Inc. just hates it when anyone distorts history.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

guy sajer wrote:And we all know how LDS Inc. just hates it when anyone distorts history.

He he, from the Mormon dicktionary:

historical distortion : to pull or twist out of shape the history of LDS Inc in such a way as to cause a possible restriction of baptisms and even worse, reduction of established membership
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Re: LDS, Sept Dawn "A serious distortion of history&quo

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

Polygamy Porter wrote:LDS Inc publicly states:
The LDS Church issued a statement today which said, "From what we know of this movie, it is a fictional portrayal before, during, and after the tragic events at Mountain Meadows in 1857. This film is a serious distortion of history."

Hey! Just like the Book of Mormon! All FICTION!

TBMs hate real history. They prefer made up history like the Book of Mormon, and "official" church history. The "real" history in Mormonism is a bizarre fantasy world of Nephites, Lamanites, and world events all carefully coordinated to bring forth Joseph Smith and the restoration.

"September Dawn" is a little Indie film that has been sitting on the shelf for a year waiting for a distributor. I'm not sure how good it is, but the church PR machine, and the angry TBM word of mouth is giving this little movie some much needed free publicity. It doesn't open for three more months, plenty of time for TBM email campaigns, warnings from the pulpit, and perhaps even a mention during April GC. TBMs might accidentally create huge buzz for this film by the time it hits theaters.
_christopher
_Emeritus

Re: LDS, Sept Dawn "A serious distortion of history&quo

Post by _christopher »

How can the church say it is a serious distortion of history, when Hinckley earlier at the monument dedication said we don't know what happened?

"I come as a peacemaker. This is not a time for recrimination or the assigning of blame," he said at the ceremony that was broadcast to LDS Church buildings in Utah and Arkansas.

"No one can explain what happened in these meadows 142 years ago. We may speculate, but we do not know," Hinckley said. "We do not understand it. We cannot comprehend it. We can only say that the past is long since gone."

So which is it.......

Chris <><
_Mary
_Emeritus

Re: LDS, Sept Dawn "A serious distortion of history&

Post by _Mary »

christopher wrote:

How can the church say it is a serious distortion of history, when Hinckley earlier at the monument dedication said we don't know what happened?

"I come as a peacemaker. This is not a time for recrimination or the assigning of blame," he said at the ceremony that was broadcast to LDS Church buildings in Utah and Arkansas.

"No one can explain what happened in these meadows 142 years ago. We may speculate, but we do not know," Hinckley said. "We do not understand it. We cannot comprehend it. We can only say that the past is long since gone."

So which is it.......

Chris <><

Chris, correct me if I am wrong. But in all fairness if Pres Hinckley is saying
I can't explain what happened in these meadows 142 years ago. I can speculate, but I do not know.... I do not understand it. I cannot comprehend it. I can only that that the past is long since gone

Then it makes more sense, and is fair and reasonable. (Not sure about the statute of limitations on it though....ie the past has a habit of coming back to kick people in the proverbial bottom.. (butt in America speak)
_christopher
_Emeritus

Post by _christopher »

Miss Taken wrote:
Chris, correct me if I am wrong. But in all fairness if Pres Hinckley is saying
I can't explain what happened in these meadows 142 years ago. I can speculate, but I do not know.... I do not understand it. I cannot comprehend it. I can only that that the past is long since gone

Then it makes more sense, and is fair and reasonable. (Not sure about the statute of limitations on it though....ie the past has a habit of coming back to kick people in the proverbial bottom.. (butt in America speak)

How can they say it is a distortion if they also say they don't know what happened? If Hinckley doesn't know what happened, he has no way of knowing if the movie is a distortion or not.

I also certainly don't feel that he or the church has a monopoly on all knowledge or historical facts or evidences. Actually I feel much to the contrary and Hinckley's and other LDS leadership has shown this to be true.

Chris <><
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

How can they say it is a distortion if they also say they don't know what happened? If Hinckley doesn't know what happened, he has no way of knowing if the movie is a distortion or not.

I'm no expert on MMM, but all re-telling of the past is probably a distortion of one kind or another. I havn't seen the film. But it's likely to polarise the goodies and baddies. The heading 'September Dawn' already suggests terrorism in the popular culture. I would think then that the film will be making links between religious extremism in Islam and religious extremism amongst early Mormons. I'm sure there will be an element of truth in it.

As I say I'm no expert on MMM and havn't seen the film, so I could be talking out of my backside....!!!!
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

christopher wrote:

So which is it.......

Chris <><
Why doesn't Hinck pull his head out of his ass and ask God?

Ferchrissakes, he is the PROPHET..

We all know that he can't do that. Why? He is a charlatan. And if there is a god and he/she/it did speak to him, he'd probably tell Hinck "shut the f*** up!".