It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:16 pm 
God

I think I'm going to forward Bill's comments to his stake president.

Scream the lie, whisper the retraction.- The Left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 pm 
God

Quote:
I think you should, instead of repeatedly telling us how obnoxious I am, actually demonstrate it via example. Like the thing I said to Liz that you just quoted above. That was great. I think you should assemble all the outrageously-vulgar things I have said into a single post, so that -- in future -- everyone can just link to that single location when the question of Schryver vulgarity comes up.

Come on! Make it happen. Show the world just how B A D I really am.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I should start a tiny little folder for Will quotes. Then perhaps I could write an article using Will quotes to demonstrate the character of LDS apologetics overall. Come to think of it, that kind of sounds familiar. Ya think Maxwell Institute would publish it?

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:37 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
Quote:
I think you should, instead of repeatedly telling us how obnoxious I am, actually demonstrate it via example. Like the thing I said to Liz that you just quoted above. That was great. I think you should assemble all the outrageously-vulgar things I have said into a single post, so that -- in future -- everyone can just link to that single location when the question of Schryver vulgarity comes up.

Come on! Make it happen. Show the world just how B A D I really am.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I should start a tiny little folder for Will quotes. Then perhaps I could write an article using Will quotes to demonstrate the character of LDS apologetics overall. Come to think of it, that kind of sounds familiar. Ya think Maxwell Institute would publish it?

I'm not sure if they would publish it, but I can guarantee that it would "make the rounds" up there. Kind of like my essay describing the Exmormon Foundation Conference. I'm still receiving requests for that one, and it's almost two years old.

So knock yourself out, baby. Demonstrate away ...

Just remember that you're dealing with a church full of people who celebrate things you might very well find objectionable, like Joseph F. Smith's famous eulogy of Orrin Porter Rockwell:

Quote:
He had his little faults, but Porter's life on earth, taken altogether, was one worthy of example, and reflected honor upon the church. Through all his trials he had never once forgotten his obligations to his brethren and his God. ... They say he was a murderer; if he was, he was the friend of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, and he was faithful to them, and to his covenants, and he has gone to heaven and apostates will go to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:40 pm 
God

antishock8 wrote:

Would you like his name and address?

He's a good friend. I served with him on the high council for several years, and also as his executive secretary. I'm pretty sure he could use a good laugh right about now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:

Just remember that you're dealing with a church full of people who celebrate things you might very well find objectionable, like Joseph F. Smith's famous eulogy of Orrin Porter Rockwell:

Quote:
He had his little faults, but Porter's life on earth, taken altogether, was one worthy of example, and reflected honor upon the church. Through all his trials he had never once forgotten his obligations to his brethren and his God. ... They say he was a murderer; if he was, he was the friend of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, and he was faithful to them, and to his covenants, and he has gone to heaven and apostates will go to hell.

Yes, this is the rude words man dear. Look, it really is a funny religion, like Daddy told you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:31 pm 
God

Yeah, baby, go Will!! An LDS poster who is actually not ashamed to admit what mormonism really is!

See, all the PC crap of internet mormonism confuses us. Real mormonism is fundamentalism on testosterone.

Penn & Teller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:33 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
antishock8 wrote:

He's a good friend. I served with him on the high council for several years, and also as his executive secretary. I'm pretty sure he could use a good laugh right about now.

Yes I would. Please give them to me. Thank you in advance.

Scream the lie, whisper the retraction.- The Left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:08 pm 
God

antishock8 wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
antishock8 wrote:

Yes I would. Please give them to me. Thank you in advance.

No need now. I've pointed him to this message board and given him specific links to the threads in question. I think that's him I hear laughing right now from half way across town.

You see, my dear antagonist, the flaw in your plan to "expose" me is that I am absolutely no different on this message board than I am in real life. That's a game for others to play. My stake president would not be shocked (or chagrined) at me calling you apostates filthy whores of Babylon. Indeed, he might just add a few adjectives to the mix.

It's no wonder you people couldn't hack it as Mormons. You don't have a freaking clue -- about the nature of God or His people. That's why it shocks you to have someone declare that Porter Rockwell is in heaven, and apostates go to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:16 pm 
God

So far, Will has claimed both his wife and his stake president read his posts and are absolutely delighted with them.

Penn & Teller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
So far, Will has claimed both his wife and his stake president read his posts and are absolutely delighted with them.

Hmmm. I can't imagine wanting to be around a woman who thinks jokes about genital lice are funny. But then she married Will, so she must have one hell of a sense of humor. ;)

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:22 pm 
God

Quote:
It's no wonder you people couldn't hack it as Mormons. You don't have a freaking clue -- about the nature of God or His people. That's why it shocks you to have someone declare that Porter Rockwell is in heaven, and apostates go to hell.

Well, it does put MMM in context. And the danites.

I do have to protest, though - I think I understand the mormon God quite well. I've referred to him several times as a mafia don. I think that about covers it.

Penn & Teller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:24 pm 
God

Runtu:

Quote:
I can't imagine wanting to be around a woman who thinks jokes about genital lice are funny.

Come on, John. Don't just tell people what I've said. We're all on to that trick, now. Quote me.

(By the way, is there such a thing? I guess my studies of the trailer park have been only superficial.)

Last edited by William Schryver on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm 
God

Quote:
Will:

Quote:
Quote:

Yea.. I am sure John D Lee is another shining example..

Who am I ? Nobody dumb enough to believe in Joseph Smith..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:30 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Runtu:

Quote:
I can't imagine wanting to be around a woman who thinks jokes about genital lice are funny.

Come on, John. Don't just tell people what I've said. We're all on to that trick, now. Quote me.

(By the way, is there such a thing? I guess my studies of the trailer park have been only superficial.)

Is there such a thing as what? Pubic lice? Karl Pilkington with Tourette's?

As for quoting you, give me something worth quoting, and I might do it. :)

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:33 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

TAK wrote:

This is the kind of welcoming, respectful discourse that is attracting believers here in droves. I predict a bright future for serious discussion here.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:34 pm 
God

Daniel Peterson wrote:
TAK wrote:

This is the kind of welcoming, respectful discourse that is attracting believers here in droves. I predict a bright future for serious discussion here.

No kidding. It's this kind of crap that attracts people like Will. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:38 pm 
God

antishock8 wrote:
Prove you're free. Walk away.

Are you illiterate? I told you I ALREADY DID THAT ONCE. I CAN. I DID.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:42 pm 
God

Daniel Peterson wrote:
TAK wrote:

William Schryver wrote:
We all know that you're really just a dorky-looking fat man who used to be a dorky-looking kid who wished he could hang with the cool people in high school, but was too freaking geeky to even get a date until he was eighteen-years-old. You aspire to cool, but you don't even know what it means. Cool is tossing fish food in a piranha tank and then smacking the little bastards with your fist when they rise to the bait.

And of course you'd regard my most recent work as "increasingly obnoxious." After all, you've never been averse to taking your place right in the middle of the circle, heartily pounding out an approving beat [this presumably referring to the act of stroking one's glans during a masturbatory act] for each and every orgiastic excess. You belong here.

This is the kind of tawdry, base ridiculousness that makes defenders of the purported "Restored Gospel" of Jesus Christ look utterly and profanely ridiculous, given that (per LDS Will), his LDS wife, his LDS stake president, and certain LDS associates of, yes, FARMS love this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:49 pm 
God

cksalmon wrote:
This is the kind of tawdry, base ridiculousness that makes defenders of the purported "Restored Gospel" of Jesus Christ look utterly and profanely ridiculous, given that (per LDS Will), his LDS wife, his LDS stake president, and certain LDS associates of, yes, FARMS love this stuff.

Aw, you're just an embittered anti, Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

cksalmon wrote:

If, having surveyed the writings and speeches of a representative sample of defenders of the faith (e.g., Louis Midgley, Brant Gardner, yours truly, William Hamblin, David Paulsen, Davis Bitton, Matthew Roper, John Welch, Blake Ostler, etc.), you find that tawdry, base ridiculousness and crude sexual metaphors are typical of them, or even publicly approved by them -- if, say, FARMS and FAIR provide a receptive venue for such discourse in the manner in which this board is receptive to the discourse of boaz & lidia, infymus, TAK, Mercury, Chap, poor antishock8, Some Schmo, Polygamy Porter, and the like -- you'll have a secure basis for your generalization.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:00 pm 
God

Daniel Peterson wrote:
If, having surveyed the writings and speeches of a representative sample of defenders of the faith (e.g., Louis Midgley, Brant Gardner, yours truly, William Hamblin, David Paulsen, Davis Bitton, Matthew Roper, John Welch, Blake Ostler, etc.), you find that tawdry, base ridiculousness and crude sexual metaphors are typical of them, or even publicly approved by them -- if, say, FARMS and FAIR provide a receptive venue for such discourse in the manner in which this board is receptive to the discourse of boaz & lidia, infymus, TAK, Mercury, Chap, poor antishock8, Some Schmo, Polygamy Porter, and the like -- you'll have a secure basis for your generalization.

Dan, Will is the one suggesting that you guys privately enjoy this kind of crudeness, so appealing to the idea that Mercury et al. are worse in public doesn't help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next