It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:21 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
Mister Scratch wrote:
Pahoran wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
Hey Pah---

How come Professors Peterson and Hamblin need you to defend them? Are they weak? Afraid? Or is this just more of you sucking up the milk of FAIR and sticking your nose up their butts?

Given that your only response to my post is an outburst of personal vileness, I take it you are conceding my points?

Given that your only response is to ignore my accusation, I take it you are conceding?

Given that your accusation is nothing substantive, but merely an expression of your own personal vileness, I see nothing to respond to.

Quote:
I.e., that you are basically an ass-kisser and a whore for the FAIR cause, and that you'd drop to your knees the second that Hamblin or Peterson asked you to?

My response to that is to repeat something you say below:

"Keep it coming, hate boy. Your heart is just so full of hate, isn't it?"

Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that Professor Hamblin's unpublished acrostic is no worse than Metcalfe's "Gollum" joke?

Nope. Prof. Hamblin is an apologist for the Church of Jesus Christ, and as such, he needs to be held to the very, very highest of standards.

So you justify your hypocrisy by a self-righteous proclamation of your double standards. Got it.

Quote:
Moreover, you getting called "Gollum" seems pretty accurate.

Well there you are, you see. Metcalfe getting called "Butthead" seems pretty accurate to me, too.

So the awfulness of Professor Hamblin's unpublished acrostic consists solely in the fact that the hate clique disagrees with the characterisation. Got it.

Quote:
And it is not the same because "Gollum" isn't an outing of your identitly ala what Hamblin did.

Pay attention, Scratchy. I am not comparing Metcalfe's lame joke to Professor Hamblin's expansion of Mr. Salmon's initials. I am comparing it to his unpublished acrostic that you keep obsessing about.

Get it right.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that Professor Hamblin's expansion of Mr. Salmon's initials is at least no worse than your naming of pseudonymous FAIR participants on your hate blog?

See above.

Above where?

Quote:
And do you really object to having your name on the blog, Pah? All you had to do was say so, and I would've personally removed it.

I only saw it yesterday.

Quote:
Given that you've made no secret of your identity elsewhere on the web, including FAIR, I didn't think it would be a problem.

Given that Professor Hamblin's "outing" consisted in expanding "CKSalmon" to "Kelly Salmon," he didn't think it would be a problem, either.

Quote:
However, if it was, then you have my sincere apology. Are we going to get such a thing from Prof. Hamblin? No.

Has CKSalmon asked for one? (Hint: no.)

Quote:
Because you and the mods will always be there to carry him around on his throne.

Funny way for the mods to "carry him around on his throne:" edit his post, remove the information, and scold him.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that knowing that Mr. Salmon works for the Utah Evangel isn't going to harm his credibility in the eyes of the majority of FAIRBoard participants?

No, since most of the participants are LDS.

That's a perfectly brazen falsehood. As, of course, you intended it to be.

Quote:
Keep it coming, hate boy. Your heart is just so full of hate, isn't it?

You are clearly projecting.

Quote:
You have become so consumed with "anti-Mormonism" that you practically are an anti-Mormon yourself.

Says the fellow who is utterly obsessed with the FAIRBoard, with no apparent sense of irony.

Quote:
The fact that you're so repellent,

Why, thank you so very much.

Quote:
and the fact that you personally are responsible for several members' apostasies pretty much means that you are, in fact, and ironically, a pretty horrible anti-Mormon. Well done, Pah!

Oh, really? Whose, for instance?

Can you name one?

Or is that so-called "fact" just another of your many bare-faced lies?

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:58 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 5604
Pahoran wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
Pahoran wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
Hey Pah---

How come Professors Peterson and Hamblin need you to defend them? Are they weak? Afraid? Or is this just more of you sucking up the milk of FAIR and sticking your nose up their butts?

Given that your only response to my post is an outburst of personal vileness, I take it you are conceding my points?

Given that your only response is to ignore my accusation, I take it you are conceding?

Given that your accusation is nothing substantive, but merely an expression of your own personal vileness, I see nothing to respond to.

Quote:
I.e., that you are basically an ass-kisser and a whore for the FAIR cause, and that you'd drop to your knees the second that Hamblin or Peterson asked you to?

My response to that is to repeat something you say below:

"Keep it coming, hate boy. Your heart is just so full of hate, isn't it?"


Great one. It doesn't change that fact that you suck up to Peterson and Hamblin. You suck so hard, in fact, that you could probably hoover a cricket ball through a garden hose. Your lips must be hideously chapped, rather like gollum's, I suspect.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that Professor Hamblin's unpublished acrostic is no worse than Metcalfe's "Gollum" joke?

Nope. Prof. Hamblin is an apologist for the Church of Jesus Christ, and as such, he needs to be held to the very, very highest of standards.

So you justify your hypocrisy by a self-righteous proclamation of your double standards. Got it.


What double standards? I'm only sticking to the standards issued by the Church of Jesus Christ. Got it?

Quote:
Moreover, you getting called "Gollum" seems pretty accurate.

Well there you are, you see. Metcalfe getting called "Butthead" seems pretty accurate to me, too.
[/quote]

Uh, no. You getting called "Gollum" is accurate because of your slavish, addict-like devotion to your "Precious" FAIRboard, and the guys you clearly idoloze and view as father figures: DCP and Bill Hamblin. You go hobbling about, spewing out trash and invectives to the extent that you begin to resemble Gollum.

Go ahead and try to extend the analogy and explain how and why the label of "Butthead" applies to Metcalfe.

Quote:
Quote:
And it is not the same because "Gollum" isn't an outing of your identitly ala what Hamblin did.

Pay attention, Scratchy. I am not comparing Metcalfe's lame joke to Professor Hamblin's expansion of Mr. Salmon's initials. I am comparing it to his unpublished acrostic that you keep obsessing about.


Okay, that's cool. So why is it an apt comparison? Or are you too much of a gollum-esque, butt-kissing idiot to figure it out?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that Professor Hamblin's expansion of Mr. Salmon's initials is at least no worse than your naming of pseudonymous FAIR participants on your hate blog?

See above.

Above where?


To repeat: yes, I do think it's worse because I feel that Prof. Hamblin must be held to a higher standard.

Quote:
Quote:
And do you really object to having your name on the blog, Pah? All you had to do was say so, and I would've personally removed it.

I only saw it yesterday.


Doesn't really answer the question...

Quote:
Quote:
Given that you've made no secret of your identity elsewhere on the web, including FAIR, I didn't think it would be a problem.

Given that Professor Hamblin's "outing" consisted in expanding "CKSalmon" to "Kelly Salmon," he didn't think it would be a problem, either.


So do you or do you not have a problem?

Quote:
Quote:
However, if it was, then you have my sincere apology. Are we going to get such a thing from Prof. Hamblin? No.

Has CKSalmon asked for one? (Hint: no.)


Have you? Or are you instead just here to whine and point fingers and function as a gollum for FAIR?

Quote:
Quote:
Because you and the mods will always be there to carry him around on his throne.

Funny way for the mods to "carry him around on his throne:" edit his post, remove the information, and scold him.


Yup. Followed by absolutely no further commentary from him. What a stand-up guy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you concede that knowing that Mr. Salmon works for the Utah Evangel isn't going to harm his credibility in the eyes of the majority of FAIRBoard participants?

No, since most of the participants are LDS.

That's a perfectly brazen falsehood. As, of course, you intended it to be.


Then prove it, suck-boy.

Quote:
Quote:
and the fact that you personally are responsible for several members' apostasies pretty much means that you are, in fact, and ironically, a pretty horrible anti-Mormon. Well done, Pah!

Oh, really? Whose, for instance?

Can you name one?

Or is that so-called "fact" just another of your many bare-faced lies?

Regards,
Pahoran


Runtu and Thunderchops come to mind. Good luck defusing this one, my butt-kissing friend.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:06 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:06 pm
Posts: 16719
Location: Northern Utah
I don't know that I'd say Pahoran caused my apostasy. When I went back on FAIR as dimbulb, I was really trying to sort a lot out. I vented a lot on RfM and also went to FAIR, where I was genuinely trying to work out some issues. The personal crisis coincided with my being outed as posting on both places. It was that act that prompted several FAIR members to tell me I was no longer welcome there, so I quit posting and only read there occasionally. So, if the apostasy came at all because I wasn't hanging out on FAIR, then there might be some truth in it. But, no, he's not responsible. I am.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:09 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 5604
Runtu wrote:
I don't know that I'd say Pahoran caused my apostasy. When I went back on FAIR as dimbulb, I was really trying to sort a lot out. I vented a lot on RfM and also went to FAIR, where I was genuinely trying to work out some issues. The personal crisis coincided with my being outed as posting on both places. It was that act that prompted several FAIR members to tell me I was no longer welcome there, so I quit posting and only read there occasionally. So, if the apostasy came at all because I wasn't hanging out on FAIR, then there might be some truth in it. But, no, he's not responsible. I am.


Fair, enough, runtu, and I probably should have asked you before citing your name. Sorry about that. : ) I hereby retract.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:21 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
Mister Scratch wrote:
Great one. It doesn't change that fact that you suck up to Peterson and Hamblin. You suck so hard, in fact, that you could probably hoover a cricket ball through a garden hose. Your lips must be hideously chapped, rather like gollum's, I suspect.

As I was saying: an expression of your intense personal vileness.

And probably also a projection of what you demand from others. Any replies that suck up to you on your hate blog are allowed to stand; any that don't, are not.

Quote:
What double standards? I'm only sticking to the standards issued by the Church of Jesus Christ. Got it?

The double standards whereby you sanctimoniously castigate Hamblin for making a joke comparing Metcalfe to an unpleasant fictitious character, and give Metcalfe a free pass for comparing me to an unpleasant fictitious character.

Which hypocrisy is clearly driven by nothing but your blind and irrational hatred for the Church of Jesus Christ, which has no standard forbidding the making of jokes at the expense of those who hate us. You fabricated that one, as well.

Quote:
Uh, no. You getting called "Gollum" is accurate because of your slavish, addict-like devotion to your "Precious" FAIRboard, and the guys you clearly idoloze and view as father figures: DCP and Bill Hamblin.

I stand up for my friends, yes. Unlike you, I have a working backbone.

But, as you cannot pretend you don't know, because I have already mentioned it: Metcalfe didn't make his silly "Gollum" goof because he shared your hate-based caricature of me. He did it because I referred to certain parties as "a precious set of rascals." Try to get it right, if you care about the facts at all.

Quote:
To repeat: yes, I do think it's worse because I feel that Prof. Hamblin must be held to a higher standard.

Thus, you affirm that you apply double standards to the discussion, even after denying it.

Make up your mind, please.

Quote:
Doesn't really answer the question...

The question is irrelevant. You sanctimoniously pile on Professor Hamblin for doing something that, at worst, is no different than what you yourself have done.

Your hypocrisy is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Quote:
Have you? Or are you instead just here to whine and point fingers and function as a gollum for FAIR?

You mean like you're a butt-kisser for Butthead?

Quote:
Yup. Followed by absolutely no further commentary from him. What a stand-up guy.

At least he's not a sanctimonious, prating hypocrite.

Quote:
Then prove it, suck-boy.

Why prove something you already know, Fleabite?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and the fact that you personally are responsible for several members' apostasies pretty much means that you are, in fact, and ironically, a pretty horrible anti-Mormon. Well done, Pah!

Oh, really? Whose, for instance?

Can you name one?

Or is that so-called "fact" just another of your many bare-faced lies?

Regards,
Pahoran

Runtu and Thunderchops come to mind. Good luck defusing this one, my butt-kissing friend.

I do not know who "Thunderchops" is. I have yet to make the connection for "Runtu."

[Edit to add]: having now seen Runtu's response, the penny has now dropped. I knew him as "Dimbulb." I had a go at him about something which I'd rather not re-litigate, but I agree that I was not responsible for his apostasy.

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:20 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
I just checked the member list. No "Thunderchops."

I then did a forum search for "Thunderchops" as a key word. I found it mentioned in one thread: this one. No others.

So I must say, you have piqued my curiosity. Did you just pluck that one out of the air, or is "Thunderchops" an actual screen name, and if so where can I find out this person's story?

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:37 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: House of Lords cellar
Pahoran wrote:
I just checked the member list. No "Thunderchops."

I then did a forum search for "Thunderchops" as a key word. I found it mentioned in one thread: this one. No others.

So I must say, you have piqued my curiosity. Did you just pluck that one out of the air, or is "Thunderchops" an actual screen name, and if so where can I find out this person's story?

Regards,
Pahoran


He's at Kevin Graham's site. Not sure if he's come over here yet. And I'm not sure if his story is there. I think he mentioned he's been around LDS boards for a long time, probably under different usernames.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Pahoran wrote:
I just checked the member list. No "Thunderchops."

I then did a forum search for "Thunderchops" as a key word. I found it mentioned in one thread: this one. No others.

So I must say, you have piqued my curiosity. Did you just pluck that one out of the air, or is "Thunderchops" an actual screen name, and if so where can I find out this person's story?

Regards,
Pahoran


Thunderchops is PaleFacedLemurKing, from ZLMB.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:34 am 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 5604
Pahoran wrote:
I just checked the member list. No "Thunderchops."

I then did a forum search for "Thunderchops" as a key word. I found it mentioned in one thread: this one. No others.

So I must say, you have piqued my curiosity. Did you just pluck that one out of the air, or is "Thunderchops" an actual screen name, and if so where can I find out this person's story?

Regards,
Pahoran


Pahoran---

I went ahead and looked up Thuderchops' story over on Kevin Graham's board, and I owe you a bit of an apology. He actually cites Prof. Peterson as being a larger factor in his leaving the Church than you. But given that you would be nothing without Prof. P., and that you hang on his every word and sieze upon every opportunity to kiss his butt, I feel that you and he are essentially the same.

FWIW, I know of several other people who have pointed to you as a key reason they left the Church, but I know them only by their IRL names, so obviously I won't be posting them here, for you to attack. You are so full of hatred, and of zealotry towards any criticisms of the Church at all, that you have ironically become an enemy of the Church. That is a mighty onus to bear, Pahoran.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:34 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
Mister Scratch wrote:
Pahoran wrote:
I just checked the member list. No "Thunderchops."

I then did a forum search for "Thunderchops" as a key word. I found it mentioned in one thread: this one. No others.

So I must say, you have piqued my curiosity. Did you just pluck that one out of the air, or is "Thunderchops" an actual screen name, and if so where can I find out this person's story?

Regards,
Pahoran


Pahoran---

I went ahead and looked up Thuderchops' story over on Kevin Graham's board, and I owe you a bit of an apology. He actually cites Prof. Peterson as being a larger factor in his leaving the Church than you. But given that you would be nothing without Prof. P., and that you hang on his every word and sieze upon every opportunity to kiss his butt, I feel that you and he are essentially the same.

So you are 0 and 2, and so you resort to mere insults. Got it.

I find your second-hand report of Thunderchops' whine to be most underwhelming. Apostates are never short of excuses, being notoriously unable to accept responsibility for their own choices.

Mister Scratch wrote:
FWIW, I know of several other people who have pointed to you as a key reason they left the Church, but I know them only by their IRL names, so obviously I won't be posting them here, for you to attack.

In other words, you have no evidence with which to back up your accusation. Anonymous witnesses are not witnesses at all. We're not going to get to see what these alleged individuals allege that I did; we are not going to get to scrutinise their claims or even know what they are.

Clearly, they wouldn't stand up to scrutiny anyhow. If indeed they ever actually existed, and are not merely a fabrication of your own.

You are certainly not beneath such tactics.

Mister Scratch wrote:
You are so full of hatred,

Said the cast-iron pot to the stainless-steel kettle,

Mister Scratch wrote:
and of zealotry towards any criticisms of the Church at all, that you have ironically become an enemy of the Church. That is a mighty onus to bear, Pahoran.

As someone who really is an enemy of the Church, you would certainly know.

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:29 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Quote:
In other words, you have no evidence with which to back up your accusation. Anonymous witnesses are not witnesses at all. We're not going to get to see what these alleged individuals allege that I did; we are not going to get to scrutinise their claims or even know what they are.


And yet you did the same thing on the DCP/scholar thread, with an unnamed NZ official, and we were supposed to believe you.

Quote:
You are certainly not beneath such tactics.


Pot, meet Mr Pahoran Kettle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:16 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
harmony wrote:
Quote:
In other words, you have no evidence with which to back up your accusation. Anonymous witnesses are not witnesses at all. We're not going to get to see what these alleged individuals allege that I did; we are not going to get to scrutinise their claims or even know what they are.


And yet you did the same thing on the DCP/scholar thread, with an unnamed NZ official, and we were supposed to believe you.

Ah.

Well, that's because I'm not an anti-Mormon, and therefore not a habitual liar.

The notion that DCP--or even that I--should feel any need to prove anything to this little clique of rabid haters might be an entertaining one, but I don't intend to entertain it.

Quote:
Quote:
You are certainly not beneath such tactics.

Pot, meet Mr Pahoran Kettle.

Now "Harmony," or is it "Serenity," or was it "WAzing"--I can never keep all your little deceptions straight--you know perfectly well that you have not the slightest reason to suspect me of lying to anyone about anything.

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Who is "Thunderchops?"
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:15 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Pahoran wrote:
harmony wrote:
Quote:
In other words, you have no evidence with which to back up your accusation. Anonymous witnesses are not witnesses at all. We're not going to get to see what these alleged individuals allege that I did; we are not going to get to scrutinise their claims or even know what they are.


And yet you did the same thing on the DCP/scholar thread, with an unnamed NZ official, and we were supposed to believe you.

Ah.

Well, that's because I'm not an anti-Mormon, and therefore not a habitual liar.


The two are not mutually inclusive, Pahoran, and you know it. Anti-Mormons are not habitual liars. I suspect there are very few habitual liars, but the odds are just as high that a Mormon would be one as that an anti-Mormon would be. Hyperbole does you no good here. Argue with some substance.

Quote:
The notion that DCP--or even that I--should feel any need to prove anything to this little clique of rabid haters might be an entertaining one, but I don't intend to entertain it.


The door's always open here. Although no one will boot you through it, you can always use it on your own.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are certainly not beneath such tactics.

Pot, meet Mr Pahoran Kettle.

Now "Harmony," or is it "Serenity," or was it "WAzing"--I can never keep all your little deceptions straight--you know perfectly well that you have not the slightest reason to suspect me of lying to anyone about anything.

Regards,
Pahoran


It doesn't matter here, Pahoran. I am the same wherever I go, no matter what name I use. Those with discernment pick up on it sooner than those who don't. You no doubt discussed many things with me on FAIR, as Dill Pickles, but you lacked discernment and your eyes were clouded. As for your other comment, you are a FAIR apologist; that alone means all your words are subject to confirmation as far as I am concerned.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:51 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 1267
Location: Shady Acres
moksha wrote:
When I saw that posting of what should be confidential, I shook my head in displeasure. You would think a professor at BTU would be more considerate. My concern is with how CK Salmon is taking this. Does anyone recall how FAIR reacted when then names of the Mods where released in as not as public of manner? Did they not have some vituperative feelings about it?

Wait a minute, did I really say vituperative? Did I get that off the back of a cereal box or something?


I just came across this thread and thought I'd chime in.

I'm not sure exactly what Prof. Hamblin's point was in starting a personal thread using my IRL name, although I strongly suspect his intentions were less than honorable.

As it turns out, though, he actually did me a favor. While I never attempted to hide my identity, I certainly didn't advertise the fact that I edited an "anti-Mormon" newspaper. Now that the proverbial cat has been unceremoniously dumped from the bag, I really haven't noticed any significant difference in my online interchanges with fellow MA&Dites.

I still have friendly relationships with those whom I did formerly. But, now, I can write things like, "I'm still preparing the Jerald Tanner memorial issue..." and get nary a negative comment in return. My presence on the board along with my personal objections to LDS truth claims are a bit better grounded now—at least for those folks who were paying attention to that particular thread.

It's liberating, frankly, not to have to worry about the other shoe dropping. I'm out of the closet, so to speak.

So, thank you, Prof. Hamblin. "What you meant for evil..." and all that.

Best.

CKS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 14216
I have to say I'm a bit unclear about the brouhaha. It really does appear to me that cksalmon is a screen name based on ck's real name. While Hamblin may have been attempting to make sure everyone knew ck edited an "anti Mormon" publication, I"m not sure I believe it's fair to criticize him for "outing" him.

_________________
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:09 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 5604
Mr. Salmon---

May I just say, it is a delight to see you over on this far more fair-minded, free spirited board! You were a fave of mine, back during my very brief tenure at the ironically named FAIRboard, and I enjoyed your posts a great deal. So, welcome!

Also, I have been wanting to ask you a question for quite some time. You may recall that back in July, shortly before I was banned (and banished to purgatory), I had sent you a series of PMs dealing with Blacks and the priesthood. Well, Nomos/Dadof7 locked me out of my account before I had the opportunity to read the last PM you sent me. By any chance have you still got it?

Secondly, I noticed that immediately after I began PMing you, your avatar mysteriously changed to a picture of a sockpuppet. I was just curious: was that your doing? Or the doing of mods?

Again, welcome, and of course I'm glad to appear not to have suffered as a result of Prof. Hamblin's inconsiderate and irresponsible "outing."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 pm 
Master Mahan

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 5604
beastie wrote:
I have to say I'm a bit unclear about the brouhaha. It really does appear to me that cksalmon is a screen name based on ck's real name. While Hamblin may have been attempting to make sure everyone knew ck edited an "anti Mormon" publication, I"m not sure I believe it's fair to criticize him for "outing" him.


Well.... Okay. Maybe not "fair," per se, but most definitely "FAIR." How's that?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 1267
Location: Shady Acres
beastie wrote:
I have to say I'm a bit unclear about the brouhaha. It really does appear to me that cksalmon is a screen name based on ck's real name. While Hamblin may have been attempting to make sure everyone knew ck edited an "anti Mormon" publication, I"m not sure I believe it's fair to criticize him for "outing" him.


I can get behind that, beastie. I certainly didn't report the thread to the mods (though apparently others did), and I didn't really feel that personally affronted.

I think the brouhaha (fairly limited and quite unimportant as it was) centered around the fact that Prof. Hamblin started a personal thread about me (which is patently against board rules) with the express intent of exposing for public scrutiny my "anti-Mormon" affiliations by connecting my online identity with my IRL name and position (which is, again, against board rules). But, you're right, CKSalmon makes for a pretty thing disguise for "Kelly Salmon" (though I actually go by "Christopher"—don't tell anyone).

Sometimes folks, like myself and Prof. Hamblin, will do things we might not otherwise do in defense of our closely-held worldviews. I certainly don't feel any rancor toward him and I agree that the brouhaha might be a bit overblown.

Best.

CKS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:46 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 1267
Location: Shady Acres
Mister Scratch wrote:
Mr. Salmon---

May I just say, it is a delight to see you over on this far more fair-minded, free spirited board! You were a fave of mine, back during my very brief tenure at the ironically named FAIRboard, and I enjoyed your posts a great deal. So, welcome!

Also, I have been wanting to ask you a question for quite some time. You may recall that back in July, shortly before I was banned (and banished to purgatory), I had sent you a series of PMs dealing with Blacks and the priesthood. Well, Nomos/Dadof7 locked me out of my account before I had the opportunity to read the last PM you sent me. By any chance have you still got it?

Secondly, I noticed that immediately after I began PMing you, your avatar mysteriously changed to a picture of a sockpuppet. I was just curious: was that your doing? Or the doing of mods?

Again, welcome, and of course I'm glad to appear not to have suffered as a result of Prof. Hamblin's inconsiderate and irresponsible "outing."


Hey MS--

Thanks for your vote of confidence!

Unfortunately, no, I don't have that last PM. I've had to clean out my sent messages folders a number of times since then. Nor do I even remember the gist of the particular thread that gave rise to our interchange. The memory is the first to go...

The sock puppet avatar was of my own doing. I thought it would be a funny way of emphasizing all the mod talk of banning sock puppets. The humor was probably lost on all save me.

Best to you.

CKS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:55 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:51 am
Posts: 4999
Location: Herriman, UT
Who Knows wrote:
Careful Pahoran. Don't you know that just merely posting here seems to be the FAIR kiss of death?

RIP...


Yeah, they jumped right on me. You should've seen the fireworks when I started responding to threads in the Telestial Kingdom forum. I almost got a spankin'.

_________________
I like you Betty...

My blog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: House of Lords cellar
maklelan wrote:
Yeah, they jumped right on me. You should've seen the fireworks when I started responding to threads in the Telestial Kingdom forum. I almost got a spankin'.


In case you didn't catch it - that was a sarcastic post made the day after the Nov. 5th purges.

_________________
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group