The "Doomsday Fund"-Rusty Needs a Revelation!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

The "Doomsday Fund"-Rusty Needs a Revelation!

Post by _kairos »

Given the poor outcomes of the "interview" Ensign Peak's Mr Clarke and the presiding bishop's three stooges gave to the WSJ and the fluff piece they did with Tad Walch /Deseret News, it seems to me Rusty better put on his PSR hat and get that night table pad and pen ready to record what HF wants to "reveal" about the Doomsday Fund (kerchink $130,000,000,000 and counting) to the sheep come April General Conference.

If you want to help the revelation process along, put on your apostate PSR hat and help Rusty along!

For me Rusty cannot call it a "rainy day" fund- it would take a hellavu lot of rain to rationalize all that money to "fix a roof". Rusty cannot say he and 15 were asleep at the switch and did not know EP was accumulating all that cash and just failed to give EP instructions- like EP was on autopilot to generate lots of cash. Remember prophets are prophets even when asleep! No, Rusty must affirm "I am not a crook and all of these sacred funds were attained under current US laws and IRS regulations". Now that he has established legitimacy, he must speak to the widow in Parowan, and tell her tithing and ward toilet cleaning service is the Lord's way of blessing her, if not now, in the eternities. After convincing the widows and other sheep, Rusty will reveal "Thus saith the Lord- Ensign Peak will reach a goal of $200,000,000,000 by the end of 2025 or until Jesus returns, which ever comes first". This GC could be Doomsday for the Mormon Church!

Ps - I heard DCP is looking for a little cash to fund Witnesses!
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: The "Doomsday Fund"-Rusty Needs a Revelation!

Post by _Dr Exiled »

In the P.R. article found here https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/2/14/21133740/mormon-church-finances-billions-presiding-bishopric-ensign-peak-tithing-donations-byu-real-estate they claim they are giving $1 Billion per year in humanitarian aid. Where does this number come from and how is it determined? Is it real and why didn't Oaks talk about it back when he disclosed that the church was only giving $40 million per year to charity?

Here is my favorite quote from the article:

For example, Latter-day Saint Charities carefully and thoroughly assesses each partner. “The last thing you want to do is just give them money and then you really don’t know where it goes,” Bishop Davies said. “So we have both missionaries and area staff on the ground, feet on the ground, who actually are there, they can see that food’s being distributed, or equipment, or schools are being built as part of our program.”

Researching and demanding to see where your hard earned charitable dollars go seems like great advice the members should follow before they just give money to some church that is preoccupied with growing their hedge fund.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: The "Doomsday Fund"-Rusty Needs a Revelation!

Post by _canpakes »

This does prompt the question of how they’ll approach the inevitable talks on tithing, during this April GC.