Don't Know what this is, (Don't Care) But KNOCK IT OFF!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Don't Know what this is, (Don't Care) But KNOCK IT OFF!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

And this:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... t-two.html

how to vacation with cult tour dude denial c. pasterson…. use a walker.

cult road show with pasterson-smeldrum…cult hand signals past and present…pantomimed in cult magic underwear…disregard pasterson shill dirty ass…dude been eatin nacho cheese…gobble gobble

He hit a double yesterday, too:

wow liyin [sic] bloated shill at his trough…

cult pyramid scheme

edited: from the same blog post:

Postscript: He’s just written me again, so he’s now equalled his recent 28 November performance:

don't lie. you're a paid shill for cult corp. your paper thin cv proves you're a paid shill nigglin for cultcorp

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
fetchface wrote:What was the special language, if you don't mind my asking?

Probably this:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... comed.html

betcha little granddaughter gonna be proud a the suicide by gluttony her fatula done. poor poor pampered persecuted pudgy pasterson panniculus pus-gut hangin. you’re a lyin deceiver fat msn verdad nigglin. a cult addicted yes man excuse maker. what a life livin the cult lie…kolob waitin ya nutzo

- Doc

Yeah and for all anyone knows, that's LM or DCP himself sock-posting.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I agree that the "self-attacking for victim-hood sake" theory may have some legs. However, as the good Reverend said up-thread, it could be anybody.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Exiled wrote:I agree that the "self-attacking for victim-hood sake" theory may have some legs. However, as the good Reverend said up-thread, it could be anybody.

Who could be anybody? The person sending the emails to DCP or the one sending emails to grindael? Please clarify that for me.
Chinese Proverb

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:Who could be anybody? The person sending the emails to DCP or the one sending emails to grindael? Please clarify that for me.

I was saying that the person sending DCP these awful emails could be anybody.
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Exiled wrote:I agree that the "self-attacking for victim-hood sake" theory may have some legs. However, as the good Reverend said up-thread, it could be anybody.

Who could be anybody? The person sending the emails to DCP or the one sending emails to grindael? Please clarify that for me.

Kishkumen beat me to it.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Who could be anybody? The person sending the emails to DCP or the one sending emails to grindael? Please clarify that for me.

I was saying that the person sending DCP these awful emails could be anybody.

Thank you. Yes, of course it could be anybody. You earlier mentioned that this issue was raised 7 years ago. That would coincide with the [delete] incident (or series of incidents) that I myself got dragged into.

Group messages going around, reporting threatening behavior, and a claim that LE was being brought into it.

Same thing that is happening right now. Only in this case, it could be anybody. So again, that leads me to ask---->why grindael? Why grindael right now? Why grindael this time?

Is grindael getting under DCP's skin over there on his blog?

DCP's been allegedly receiving threatening emails for 7 years and all of a sudden someone points the finger at grindael of all people?

How does that make logical sense? It doesn't. If it made logical sense, he'd be looking once again into [delete].
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb

fetchface
God

Post by fetchface »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Probably this:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... comed.html

betcha little granddaughter gonna be proud a the suicide by gluttony her fatula done. poor poor pampered persecuted pudgy pasterson panniculus pus-gut hangin. you’re a lyin deceiver fat msn verdad nigglin. a cult addicted yes man excuse maker. what a life livin the cult lie…kolob waitin ya nutzo

- Doc

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the connection between this language and the language in this forum?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I really need to leave now. I want to say 2 things.

1. I know grindael. I vouch for grindael. There has been absolutely nothing in his behavior or my experiences with him that would lead me to believe he'd send anonymous or threatening emails to anyone. Nothing. Ever.

2. It might be of interest (or not) to know that Pahoran checks his private messages on this board from time to time. He was in here doing not long ago, I'd give it a 2 month time frame that he was here last.
Chinese Proverb

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

I don't post at Sic et Non. And I haven't written anything about Peterson (on my blog) since the end of the Maxwell Institute.

...Of Mice and … Egos https://mormonitemusings.com/tag/daniel-c-peterson/
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

One more thing and I really do need to leave.

I find it ironic af that someone has taken it upon themselves to accuse a poster here of sending threatening emails to DCP--wrongly pointing the finger at grindael--when according to the post transfers I read on this board from the blog he's got LM intimidating posters with IRL material right on his very own blog. Glass houses and all that.

Whoever contacted grindael--you're simply mistaken.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

grindael wrote:

I don't post at Sic et Non. And I haven't written anything about Peterson (on my blog) since the end of the Maxwell Institute.

...Of Mice and … Egos https://mormonitemusings.com/tag/daniel-c-peterson/

Thanks I don't follow over there. In any case, I vouch for you without reservation.

I've got a sick person to visit so going now. Good luck with this!
Chinese Proverb

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl, I think it’s a mistake to try and force these facts into a pattern that makes sense when people in general act in ways that don’t make sense and there is a good chance that we’re dealing with an irrational individual.

I’ve bumped into my share of broken former Mormons. They may have been broken when they went in, but they were certainly broken when they came out. It doesn’t surprise me that he has attracted a stalker. Hell, it happened to me, and my public profile is lots lower that Peterson’s. I’d be shocked if he were the only high profile LDS person who has that experience.

The messages to Grindael sounds like fishing to me. Whether it’s a critic who wants to be in the know or one of the faithful who wants to out the stalker, who knows?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

fetchface wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what's the connection between this language and the language in this forum?

Doc’s other example is better, but the use of “pasterson” and the obsessive mocking of weight.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:Thank you. Yes, of course it could be anybody. You earlier mentioned that this issue was raised 7 years ago. That would coincide with the DE incident (or series of incidents) that I myself got dragged into.

Group messages going around, reporting threatening behavior, and a claim that LE was being brought into it.

Same thing that is happening right now. Only in this case, it could be anybody. So again, that leads me to ask---->why grindael? Why grindael right now? Why grindael this time?

DCP's been allegedly receiving threatening emails for 7 years and all of a sudden someone points the finger at grindael of all people?

How does that make logical sense? It doesn't. If it made logical sense, he'd be looking once again into DE.

It is not clear to me that there is any issue with the timing that would point to a specific incident that motivated the accusation. In my exchanges with DCP on these emails, he has just generally wanted to know who it is. I didn’t see any indication that some person was particularly irritating him and he was using this mechanism as a way to shut the person down.

He enlists the help of others in various ways. He also seems to have a network of groupies who like to report things to him.
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:Jersey Girl, I think it’s a mistake to try and force these facts into a pattern that makes sense when people in general act in ways that don’t make sense and there is a good chance that we’re dealing with an irrational individual.

I’ve bumped into my share of broken former Mormons. They may have been broken when they went in, but they were certainly broken when they came out. It doesn’t surprise me that he has attracted a stalker. Hell, it happened to me, and my public profile is lots lower that Peterson’s. I’d be shocked if he were the only high profile LDS person who has that experience.

The messages to Grindael sounds like fishing to me. Whether it’s a critic who wants to be in the know or one of the faithful who wants to out the stalker, who knows?

I agree with your assessment, RI. Who among us is surprised that DCP is being harassed? Who can say which of the many people he has crossed paths with or merely attracted the ire of has become obsessive in this way? I recall some posters here who admitted they had a very personal ax to grind with DCP. But such justifications are practically unnecessary. DCP is the staunch defender of an organization that has driven some to distraction since 1830. We should be surprised that he has not attracted more anger and lunacy.

I in no way defend harassment of DCP. I think this is very wrong and deeply disturbing, but it is also, sadly, the nature of the cyber beast. It has become all too easy to harass others in this way.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:Doc’s other example is better, but the use of “pasterson” and the obsessive mocking of weight.

Yep. Those are pretty obvious markers. Not to sound cliched, but one might say a little too obvious.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:Not to sound cliched, but one might say a little too obvious.

Yeah exactly.
Chinese Proverb

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

edited - Whoops! wrong thread, moved to appropriate one
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:Jersey Girl, I think it’s a mistake to try and force these facts into a pattern that makes sense when people in general act in ways that don’t make sense and there is a good chance that we’re dealing with an irrational individual.

I think you misunderstand me. The pattern of behavior I've pointed to is DCP's.

When I mentioned the [delete] incident(s) what I am saying (and I thought I did say) is that logically, if DCP is complaining about receiving threatening emails for 7 years, that fits the [delete] time frame so logically, he'd be pointing the finger at [delete] right now and not grindael if indeed he is point the finger via proxy at grindael.

That makes me wonder why anyone would suspect grindael and makes me consider what the motive might be for that. That's why I've asked more than once if grindael is giving him a hard time on the blog. grindael says he doesn't post there.

So again, why grindael? Why now?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This exact thing (and I mean exact) was discussed here previously. Check it out.

viewtopic.php?p=1191971#p1191971
Chinese Proverb