MS : Lila Tueller - Daughter of Mormon GA Hartman Rector Jr

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
aussieguy55
God

MS : Lila Tueller - Daughter of Mormon GA Hartman Rector Jr

Post by aussieguy55 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQYp7OJwUs

Revealing story of the journey of Lisa Tueller daughter of Hartman Rector Jr GA

One of his sons was involved with Sunstone and Boyd Packer pronounced some curse on him
A majority of his children were divorced
Lisa was sad because her father was busy and spent little time with her - No Daddy Daughter day.
A lot of sickness and financial challenges for her.
16 year old son was out
She had an out of body experience when mistakenly taking to much of a drug.
Rector held different views on the geography of the Book of Mormon
She did not like the Temple ceremony especially the circle.
Polygamy was something that disgusted her.
Her mother had dementia before she died.

It seems not all was happy families among GAs. Perhaps too much time away and too big a family.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: MS : Lila Tueller - Daughter of Mormon GA Hartman Recto

Post by Dr. Shades »

aussieguy55 wrote:One of his sons was involved with Sunstone and Boyd Packer pronounced some curse on him

"Him" = the son involved with Sunstone, or "him" = Hartman Rector, Jr.? I'm assuming it's the former, but just want to be sure.

16 year old son was out

Hers, or Hartman Rector, Jr.'s? And out of the church, or out of the closet?

aussieguy55
God

Post by aussieguy55 »

The curse was on Hartman Rectors Jr's son who working with Sunstone. Lia Tueller's 16 year old son became inactive.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

I thought the fact that the Rectors first home in the Avenues had been used as a Satanic ritual sanctuary that Rector rededicated several times was absolutely fascinating.

Also interesting is the fact that the Rectors lived in Tallahassee, Florida for a year when Rector had been installed as mission president, and in that time his 17-year-old daughter became pregnant and was shipped off. IIRC, Prof. Robert Millet of BYU received his doctorate in Religion at FSU in Tallahassee.

Here is an interesting post I found at RfM:

The first mission president of my mission, the Italy Mission, was a man from my own ward, chosen because he was instrumental in bringing Mormonism to Italy. After just 2 years, though, he angered The Brethren, who thought he was too loose and allowed the missionaries to commit too many high-jinks. Harmon Rector became the provisional mission president. He was sharp, exceedingly well-dressed and handsome, with a charming drawl and a lovely wife. He had also burned up the carpet on his brisk walk from convert to general authority. The man was on fire, and destined for Great Mormon Things.

The boring but pliant Levitt Christensen took the helm almost at the same time I showed up in the mission, replacing Rector as the next MP. But Rector remained actively involved, and continued to show up every few months to speak and to conduct interviews, and to be fitted for new, bespoke Italian suits. He interviewed me within a week of the end of my mission, challenging me to be married within 6 months. He was glorious in his new blue suit--an athletic fit 3-button jacket with split vents, and pants riding low on the hip. My 6-month challenge didn't pan out, but I do credit him with a sex-fed rush to marry far too early, at a tender 22 years, a good part of which was spent in poverty.

But it turned out that Rector was a Mormon "leader" like so many other Mormon "leaders," consumed with thoughts of easy wealth, becoming a participant in a Ponzi scheme for which his friend and associate Brad Kitchen received a 51 month prison sentence. His other partner, the infamous Rick Koerber, was indicted on similar charges--mail fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud--but Judge Clark Waddoups tossed the case out on prejudice; Koerber is walking free.

See https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1879293,1879892
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

candygal
God

Post by candygal »

I enjoyed the interview. It is always interesting to see what really happens inside a TBM family that has to look good. I don't envy them.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

candygal wrote:I enjoyed the interview. It is always interesting to see what really happens inside a TBM family that has to look good. I don't envy them.

Very true. I am still making my way through the interview. Fascinating stuff. Packer’s apostolic curse pronounced on Daniel Rector for disobeying an order to shutter Sunstone was wild. It is exactly the kind of garbage that earned Elder Packer his unsympathetic, unflattering reputation.
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

aussieguy55 wrote:MS : Lila Tueller - Daughter of Mormon GA Hartman Rector Jr . . . Revealing story of the journey of Lisa Tueller daughter of Hartman Rector Jr GA . . . Lia Tueller's 16 year old son became inactive.

You've spelled her first name three different ways so far. Does anyone know the correct spelling of her first name?

Kishkumen wrote:Packer’s apostolic curse pronounced on Daniel Rector for disobeying an order to shutter Sunstone was wild. It is exactly the kind of garbage that earned Elder Packer his unsympathetic, unflattering reputation.

Well? Don't keep us in suspense. . . what, specifically, was the curse?

Maureen
Star B

Post by Maureen »

Radio Free Mormon also interviewed Lila Tueller last October. I'm going to guess that the Mormon Stories interview is longer.

M.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who - is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. - Milton Berle

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

Thank God somebody knows!!!

Thank you, Maureen!!!

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:Thank God somebody knows!!!

Thank you, Maureen!!!

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!

LOL!!!

Hey! I heard that interview too! It was magnificent. No one beats RFM for wit, charm, and high-quality production.

But yes, the MoSto interview is a lot longer.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Shades wrote:Well? Don't keep us in suspense. . . what, specifically, was the curse?

That he would live out his days in constant adversity.

Maureen
Star B

Post by Maureen »

consiglieri wrote:Thank God somebody knows!!!

Thank you, Maureen!!!

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!

LOL and you're welcome.

When I saw her name on Mormon Stories I immediately thought that she had already been interviewed. I knew I had listened to it, so I checked your podcast RFM to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

M.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who - is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. - Milton Berle

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote: No one beats RFM for wit, charm, and

loud laughter!

:lol:

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

I resemble that remark.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

What do those who watched or listened to the podcast think of the end where Dehlin tried to play the dating game? I wonder what Mrs. Dehlin thought of the end there?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

oliblish
Star B

Post by oliblish »

Dr Exiled wrote:What do those who watched or listened to the podcast think of the end where Dehlin tried to play the dating game? I wonder what Mrs. Dehlin thought of the end there?

That part made me kind of uncomfortable (and seemed to make her uncomfortable too). However, with the size of Dehlin's audience I would imagine she now has the opportunity of going on dates with dozens of men she would not have met otherwise. I could be wrong, but I think John probably talked to her about doing this in advance.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

oliblish wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:What do those who watched or listened to the podcast think of the end where Dehlin tried to play the dating game? I wonder what Mrs. Dehlin thought of the end there?

That part made me kind of uncomfortable (and seemed to make her uncomfortable too). However, with the size of Dehlin's audience I would imagine she now has the opportunity of going on dates with dozens of men she would not have met otherwise. I could be wrong, but I think John probably talked to her about doing this in advance.

I don't think they discussed it prior, looking at it again. Dehlin talks about thrive questions, saying he wants her to come back to answer those. Then he launches into the dating service and Lila seems a little surprised but takes it in stride. It also seemed Dehlin was perhaps a little flirty and maybe that's why Lila commented that she didn't want to hear from married men? Has Dehlin done this before with other unmarried female guests?

Anyway, I don't think it was too far off but it made me a little uncomfortable too.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

aussieguy55
God

Post by aussieguy55 »

Why does that make you feel unconfortable? JUst a bit of fun. He was not hitting on her?

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

aussieguy55 wrote:Why does that make you feel unconfortable? JUst a bit of fun. He was not hitting on her?

She just bore her soul. She's a GA's daughter with all the pressure of coming out and it seemed as though Dehlin didn't prepare her for the questions regarding dating. I don't think it was too bad but it made me a little uneasy given the emotion of being a prominent member declaring that the church is bs. It must have been emotional for her. She is pretty and has probably had to deal with men hitting on her all the time. Then Dehlin, softly, kind of hits on her by making the thing into a dating game of sorts. It was just uncomfortable.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

aussieguy55 wrote:One of his sons was involved with Sunstone and Boyd Packer pronounced some curse on him

To fully invoke this apostolic curse, Elder Packer was forced to gather powdered goat skull, an eye of newt, nightshade, battery acid from a Honda Civic, maggot eggs, and a freshly made cowpie. Elder Packer then had a BYU chemist distill, filter, and concentrate it into the potion which he drank right before issuing the curse.

Hope that helps answer the inquiry and assist others who are contemplating the issuance of future apostolic curses.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

kairos
God

Post by kairos »

moksha wrote:

To fully invoke this apostolic curse, Elder Packer was forced to gather powdered goat skull, an eye of newt, nightshade, battery acid from a Honda Civic, maggot eggs, and a freshly made cowpie. Elder Packer then had a BYU chemist distill, filter, and concentrate it into the potion which he drank right before issuing the curse.

Hope that helps answer the inquiry and assist others who are contemplating the issuance of future apostolic curses.

Boyd K. Packer to D.W.: "Where the hell is my Jupiter talisman i wear when i pronounce curses on people?"

D.W. to Boyd K. Packer:"You know i always hang it up with the car keys when i find it laying around".

Boyd K. Packer to D.W.: "Last time I did a remote curse from the temple on the construction workers in the street- they were jackhammering so loud I could not hear the voice of the Lord giving me revelation". Tonight i have to curse that Sunstone bunch specifically Rector's son who has gone off the deep end into apostacy- I will curse him from my SUV parked across the street from the Jack in the Box he goes to after work-should be easy if i can only find Jupiter"

D.W. to Boyd K. Packer: " I found it! Stuck in the top of the garments you wore yesterday!

Boyd K. Packer to D.W.: "PTL! what would i do without you as my eternal companion and gofer?"

k