Kiwi57 tells a story

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lemmie
God

Kiwi57 tells a story

Post by Lemmie »

Kiwi57 Louis Midgley • 6 hours ago

LM: “Oh, I almost but not quite want to know more about this "Mr Itchy" episode.”

I'm happy to oblige.

It was a comedy in three acts.

Act 1: A number of the more virulent anti-Mormons and resentful apostates did not like the moderation policies at what was once known as the FAIR board. Those policies included such draconian rules as not posting explicit Temple content and not defaming living people. (I was frequently reminded of the dirty boxer who, when told "no kicking, biting or gouging," replied "You're taking away all my best punches!") As a reaction against those policies, Shades et al set up his swamp. It was loudly trumpeted as a "free speech" board where anyone could say anything they liked without fear of "censorship." Meaning that people could get as vulgar - and as profane - as they liked.

A player calling himself "Mr Scratch," and subsequently "Dr Scratch," quickly emerged as one of the stars of the place. He soon started posting "dossiers" on "Mopologists." Those so-called "dossiers" could be described as a kind of spoof, a low parody of the intellectual history you have engaged in. (That's why the indignation of the fake doctors towards you is so deliciously hypocritical.) Scratch's "dossiers" consisted of tabloidesque gossip, gleaned from anonymous sources, interlarded with generous layers of guesswork. Each time one of them appeared, the denizens of the Sty grunted, oinked, brayed, hooted and screeched with spiteful glee.

Act 2: An anonymous individual set up something called "Mr Itchy's Blog." It was a kind of a parody of Scratch's "dossiers" - the choice of name seems rather pointed in that regard. (Itchy and Scratchy.) The Sty immediately erupted with rage. In particular, Scratch started behaving like a man who had had a bad scare, and was angry about it. Perhaps he thought his remote location (in Taiwan) and his internet anonymity, which he relied upon to protect him from any of his targets defending themselves, was in jeopardy. (Scratch consistently behaves like a very cowardly bully. He only picks on those who can't defend themselves.) He started lashing out in all directions, accusing almost every believing Latter-day Saint poster (including your humble servant) of being "Mr Itchy." He was insistent about me for a while, because I had nicknamed him "Itchy" at one point.

IIRC, "Mr Itchy" may have been posting at the Sty himself at around that time.

Act 3: Shades and his accomplice (I've forgotten his name) suddenly went from enjoying Scratch's attacks on the "Mopologists" to getting all solemn and po-faced. They decided that the joke was hitting too close to home - and of course, we can't have that. They started leaning on "Mr Itchy" to shut down his blog - thus demonstrating what they really think about "free speech" - while at the same time creating rules for their own cesspool to try to limit the motivation for anyone to do anything similar in the future. They decided that nobody should post any IRL (In Real Life) information about anyone else - providing that person was (1) an active poster on the Sty, who was (2) not posting in their IRL name. Anyone else, of course, remained fair game.

To my knowledge, Shades and Keene have only ever banned one poster from their Sty. That was for the crime of defending himself against libellous defamation by mentioning the word "lawyer."

That's the story, in a nutshell.

Share ›

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4766897215

Wow. Even as a relative newcomer, I can point out at least three items in that story that are factually not true. But it is fascinating to read the level of vituperative hate operating in this LDS member. He is really, really angry about something! Is it only possible to stay religious in this manner if you have someone or something you can really, really hate?

Manetho
Deacon

Re: Kiwi57 tells a story

Post by Manetho »

I'm a noob. I'd be interested to hear the history of this board, from somebody who doesn't think it's an invention of Satan.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Manetho wrote:I'm a noob. I'd be interested to hear the history of this board, from somebody who doesn't think it's an invention of Satan.

Hrm. Maybe this?

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... f=1&t=5492

- Doc

PS- Does Dr. Shades still believe Juliann was Mr. Itchy?
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Wow. Talk about an infinite lack of self-awareness!

Kiwi57 is willfully ignorant about the fact that Doctor Scratch restricted himself to only commenting about information that the subjects voluntarily posted to the Internet, whereas "Mr. Itchy" dredged up all sorts of real-life personal information that his subjects had never made public.

I'm a noob. I'd be interested to hear the history of this board, from somebody who doesn't think it's an invention of Satan.

Kiwi57's account is, of course, wholly inaccurate; it's simply a reflection of his bigotry. In short, this board started once I accepted the fact that no message board was doing it correctly, so I knew that if I wanted something done right, I'd have to do it myself.

That was in about 2004 or so. (The reason the first posts only go back to 2006 is because this board has had two reboots since it started.)

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

Kiwi57 says Dr. Peterson "can't defend himself"?

Touché, Kiwi57.

Touché.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

And for the record, I was not banned (three times) from the MAD board for being "vulgar."
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

People like kiwi ([real name deleted])57, Stephen "Bukkake " Smoot, Louis Midgley and Daniel Peterson occasionally seem to try to outdo each other in the vitriol and supercilious category.

It's like watching the Special Olympics of Mormon Apologetics.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

You know what kiwi57 you're so full of ____ I don't know how you even live with yourself. IIRC...well, no you don't recall correctly. You're simply creating your own urban legend to feed your own ego. I can line up the whole entire sequence of what took place. Why can't you, buddy?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

consiglieri wrote:People like kiwi ([real name deleted])57, Stephen "Bukkake " Smoot, Louis Midgley and Daniel Peterson occasionally seem to try to outdo each other in the vitriol and supercilious category.

It's like watching the Special Olympics of Mormon Apologetics.

Pahoran's IRL name connected with kiwi57 is written all over this board. Why edit it out now?

Don't believe me? Use the search feature and you'll find multiple results.
Chinese Proverb

MsJack
θεά

Post by MsJack »

consiglieri wrote:And for the record, I was not banned (three times) from the MAD board for being "vulgar."

No, you were banned for posting about William Schryver's ouster from publishing at BYU.

I was banned while not even posting there. So was Darth J.

But that was the MAD board, not the FAIR board. I'm sure Kiwi would say they are totally different.

I didn't think Darrick T. Evenson's banning from this forum had anything to do with defamation threats.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

kiwi57,

Come on over to Mormon Discussions so we can discuss the Book of Abraham.

Come on kiwi57, I want to kick your butt!

Come to the Telestial Board and we can talk about the temple! Wouldn't that be fun?

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Pahoran's IRL name connected with kiwi57 is written all over this board. Why edit it out now?

Hmm. I know he started using his real name on MormonDialogue.org, but I wasn't aware that he'd connected it to "kiwi57" over at Sic et Non. Did he do so?

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Pahoran's IRL name connected with kiwi57 is written all over this board. Why edit it out now?

Hmm. I know he started using his real name on MormonDialogue.org, but I wasn't aware that he'd connected it to "kiwi57" over at Sic et Non. Did he do so?

I have no idea what he does over there. I really only see the transfer posts on this board. All three identifiers have been used on MormonDiscussions.com. That's what I'm saying.
Chinese Proverb

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

That's true, but since he still maintains an account here, he has the right to dictate whether his real name will be linked to any of his account names.

Since he's used each of them himself in isolation, then quoting words made by those accounts in isolation is O.K.

Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Dr. Shades wrote:Hmm. I know he started using his real name on MormonDialogue.org, but I wasn't aware that he'd connected it to "kiwi57" over at Sic et Non. Did he do so?

http://disq.us/p/20i7m7p

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:That's true, but since he still maintains an account here, he has the right to dictate whether his real name will be linked to any of his account names.

Since he's used each of them himself in isolation, then quoting words made by those accounts in isolation is O.K.

Let me clarify. All three identifiers have been used in the same post here on MormonDiscussions.com by MormonDiscussions.com posters.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr Moore wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Hmm. I know he started using his real name on MormonDialogue.org, but I wasn't aware that he'd connected it to "kiwi57" over at Sic et Non. Did he do so?

http://disq.us/p/20i7m7p

I wondered why I was having to read a disease post until I saw the comments. Yes, he disclosed. He's also still peddling that Chino Blanco crap even though this has been explained to him.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Stuff he's missing in his story. Does he really want to discuss control of information and you know, informants? Oh sure...no problem.

--ZLMB (Moderators reading private messages which led to the influx of Z Trolls using information gleaned from private messages and IRL nabbed from Internet locations to make posts on ZLMB in order to intimidate cross posters from MormonDiscussions.com some of whom when they raised objections were banned from ZLMB which is what the moderation team wanted all along.)

--Moderation (ZLMB installed a system of moderation that favored LDS posters.)

--The Exodus to FAIR and why it happened.

--The purges of MormonDiscussions.com crossover posters from FAIR

--An appeal made to Mister Scratch to modify his blog (from me speaking on behalf of the ZLMB community/my post still appears on this board). He modified his blog after thoughtful consideration.

--Mr. Itchy posting IRL dug up from god knows where...probably ZLMB private messages.

--Taiwan/Chino Blanco: Why he continues to spout that nonsense is anyone's guess though I do have a theory about that. It has been explained to him repeatedly that DCP was set up by a poster whom he also knew IRL who floated the information to another poster who floated the information through Pahoran (I'd have to check messages on another board about that piece) on to DCP. There's no doubt in my mind that it was a set up and they're too darn proud to accept that they were played.

Above has not been checked for chronology. Almost every issue on the list can be documented. I'm not going to discuss bannings from MormonDiscussions.com but he's wrong about that as well.
Chinese Proverb

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

consiglieri wrote:Kiwi57 says Dr. Peterson "can't defend himself"?

Touché, Kiwi57.

Touché.

ha ha, you beat me to it.

As for Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board: I posted there for a few years, basically as long as it damn well pleased me and I never got banned.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:That's true, but since he still maintains an account here, he has the right to dictate whether his real name will be linked to any of his account names.

Well, you best be gettin' to moderatin' friendo:

search.php?keywords=McGregor&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Those are referring to posts he made under his own name.