Elder Bednar is the Jack Kevorkian of Mormonism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Elder Bednar is the Jack Kevorkian of Mormonism

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Greetings,

I know this is an older podcast from Radio Free Mormon, but it is very enlightening and worth a listen.

In example after example, it appears that Priesthood blessings are now pretty useless. In fact, it appears that if you receive a Priesthood blessing, your chances of dying or suffering harm are much greater. Especially, if the Priesthood blessing is from one of the 12.

My advice is that if you are ever sick and one of the 12 shows up to give you a Priesthood blessing, slam the door and run for your life!

"In the LDS Church, we have the Priesthood of God. One of the magnificent things that comes with that Priesthood is the power and authority to call upon God through the laying on of hands in blessing the sick and afflicted to be healed. Healing power is one of the evidences in the LDS Church’s truth claims. And as RFM points out, it appears to be a gift no longer present in the Church. He takes the last General Conference as a prime example and shows that in the 11 cases in conference where surely a Priesthood blessing did or should of taken place, the afflicted individual does not fare to well even with access to God’s Priesthood army. If the game were baseball – People dying would in an offensive onslaught while throwing a no-hitter against those being healed!!!"

https://radiofreemormon.org/2018/07/rad ... ath-march/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

kairos
God

Re: Elder Bednar is the Jack Kevorkian of Mormonism

Post by kairos »

Remember the story mike quinn told from james talmage journal / diary: talmage blinded his brother in a pitchfork accident when they were boys. his brother kept the faith as all prayed for healing- the president of the church, first presidency and the twelve over the years prayed for healing of the physical blindness - to no avail, and talmage wrote in his journal how perplexed, dismayed and sorry he was that HF did not act to heal - his brother died still blind from the accident.

Hope I got the gist of this correct from memory!

kind

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

kairos wrote:Remember the story mike quinn told from james talmage journal / diary: talmage blinded his brother in a pitchfork accident when they were boys. his brother kept the faith as all prayed for healing - the president of the church, first presidency and the twelve over the years prayed for healing of the physical blindness - to no avail, and talmage wrote in his journal how perplexed, dismayed and sorry he was that HF did not act to heal - his brother died still blind from the accident.

Hope I got the gist of this correct from memory!

k

That's my recollection too.

It appears that as far as Priesthood blessings go, the heavens are closed.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

We are representatives of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Rats.

May we give you a blessing?

Let us bless you.

GREETINGS FROM PRESIDENT NELSATAN!

You're going to die!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I prayed with all my heart that the Lord would preserve your life, but apparently the answer was, "No".

Get a blessing from an apostle and get rolled out the following week!

When the Lord says, "No", he really means it. You might think twice about seeking a blessing at the hands of an apostle. The odds are in your favor if you don't get the blessing. Why tempt the Lord with an apostle of death?

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

The death grip of a Mormon apostle.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

No, I've never raised the dead, but I've given many, many blessings.

Do you need a blessing? I'm here for you!

I can't begin to count how many of our Heavenly Father's children have died at my blessed hands!