It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mormon pedophile under house arrest allowed to attend church
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:13 pm 
God

Quote:
Lovell turned himself into the Teton County Jail on June 27 after police said they caught him trying to have sex with “Taya Parker” on Kik, a chat app.

An undercover agent with the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation was posing as Parker.

Lovell, 38, was making arrangements to visit Teton County to have sex with Parker near the Tetons, according to court documents.

Graphic content warning: Some descriptions in the balance of this article may be disturbing. — Eds.

His texts included lewd propositions about having sex with the teen.

“If you get caught big deal, you get grounded,” Lovell told Taya. “If I get caught, I’m going to jail.”

Lovell asked the girl for a topless photo and asked if she would be interested in having a threesome, if he could record them having sex and if she would snort cocaine with him.

“There were requests for anal sex and oral sex and sexual intrusion,” Weisman said in court. “The defendant was aware that the individual was under 14.”

Lovell asked the teenager about her mom’s work schedule and about school, Weisman said.

When DCI agents intervened and interviewed Lovell in Idaho, he said he had just been joking around.

Lovell has been on house arrest since bonding out of Teton County Jail.

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/cop ... 95e86.html

However...

Quote:
He’s allowed to leave for errands on Saturdays and Latter-day Saints worship on Sunday mornings, according to the court’s terms of release.
Have ward members been briefed on the risk to their kids?

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

Post subject: Re: Mormon pedophile under house arrest allowed to attend ch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm 
Bishop

I suspect that there will be no formal notice from local Church authorities. Let's hope that someone or the rumor mill reaches out.

I have a relative who is a registered sex offender (child related). His family tried to keep it secret from the extended family. While I understand that to a point, it became an issue once we found out when they would attend extended family activities (weddings, parties, get-togethers, etc.) where young kids would be present. A number of us put the foot down and basically said that if he's there, we wouldn't show up, and we proposed that he no longer show up as a solution. While we would have thought that his immediate family (at least the bulk, some were in agreement) would at least somewhat understand our concerns, they mostly acted offended as if we were shunning him. Well yes, we were. They seem to maintain his innocence, and while I don't know how reasonable that is, you'd think there would be at least some recognition that even giving him some absurd benefit of the doubt, others might still want to exercise caution. He no longer shows up, and most of his immediate family doesn't either. So we won, but it split the extended family.

My takeaway is that denial is strong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm 
God

Jesus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:03 am 
Founder & Visionary

candygal wrote:
Jesus.

No, it was Luke Lovell.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 am 
God

Why begrudge the imprisoned the right to worship? Is there a danger of further crime while at Church?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:39 am 
God

moksha wrote:
Why begrudge the imprisoned the right to worship?
Why begrudge children the right to attend Church without there being a known pedaphile present?
Why does he need to worship in a place where there are children?
Quote:
Is there a danger of further crime while at Church?
Would you welcome him to sit next to and interact with your kids?

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:26 am 
God

I have a question wrote:
Would you welcome him to sit next to and interact with your kids?

My kids are grown, but I get your point. Speaking for myself I would gladly welcome him to sit next to me as a growth point for my own faith.