The Best of the 2010s: A Mopologetic Decade in Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: The Best of the 2010s: A Mopologetic Decade in Review

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud, do you have permission of the parties involved to post these private correspondences?
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Lemmie wrote:Rosebud, do you have permission of the parties involved to post these private correspondences?

Of course not. That's a dumb question.

This is much bigger than me, and it is far far far bigger than you. You lack a great deal of perspective.

Leave me alone, Lemmie.

-RB
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Wow. :sad:
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Rosebud wrote:This is much bigger than me, and it is far far far bigger than you. You lack a great deal of perspective.

Interesting way of telling another person they have a very small mind and that you're much smarter.

Jesus Christ, Rosy.

:redface:
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Shulem wrote:
Rosebud wrote:This is much bigger than me, and it is far far far bigger than you. You lack a great deal of perspective.

Interesting way of telling another person they have a very small mind and that you're much smarter.

Jesus Christ, Rosy.

:redface:

I’ve been far more patient with Lemmie than she has ever deserved. Don’t call me Rosy.

And leave me alone, too.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Scratch,

I’m hoping you’ll post a separate thread and help unpack all of these huge bombshells:

But the clincher was your phone call. It followed the path that I suggested it would, with the addition of an unnamed member of the Twelve (I'm guessing Elder Holland) added in. Jenson called him, he called Samuelson, and Samuelson called Jerry, who was ready for the call because of the discussions we've been having, and asked for something in writing, which we now have. Sorry I can't share that document, but it is an outstanding piece of counsel that has come to us from Pres. Samuelson—one that I really see as potentially not only bringing a resolution to this immediate crisis, but also moving us toward that larger goal of some serious internal reflection and long-term change here.

The editors could still choose to take their article (100 MS pages) to non-BYU affiliated venues like their personal blogs, or FAIR, I suppose, but given the strength of this signal from The Powers That Be, I expect they they will think better.

Be watching your seismograph Monday morning when Jerry meets with Dan and Louis. There could still be additional drama, but thank you for what you have done to help me/us improve this little corner of Mormondom. I still dream that it might become relevant in the Mormon conversation again someday. We have a lot of repenting and work to do first, but I have a little more hope today.

Holy cow!!!! :eek:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Rosebud wrote:I’ve been far more patient with Lemmie than she has ever deserved. Don’t call me Rosy.

And leave me alone, too.

Okay, I'll leave you alone, baby, but I can call you ROSY if I want to.

So there!

:mad:
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Rosebud wrote:I’ve been far more patient with Lemmie than she has ever deserved. Don’t call me Rosy.

And leave me alone, too.

Okay, I'll leave you alone, baby, but I can call you ROSY if I want to.

So there!

:mad:

:twisted: ROSY has a little problem with reality, Shulem baby. :twisted:

(Not to mention the Universal Rules of the Board. Ahem.)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Lemmie wrote: :twisted: ROSY has a little problem with reality, Shulem baby. :twisted:

:lol:
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Dr. Scratch,

I’m hoping you’ll post a separate thread and help unpack all of these huge bombshells:

But the clincher was your phone call. It followed the path that I suggested it would, with the addition of an unnamed member of the Twelve (I'm guessing Elder Holland) added in. Jenson called him, he called Samuelson, and Samuelson called Jerry, who was ready for the call because of the discussions we've been having, and asked for something in writing, which we now have. Sorry I can't share that document, but it is an outstanding piece of counsel that has come to us from Pres. Samuelson—one that I really see as potentially not only bringing a resolution to this immediate crisis, but also moving us toward that larger goal of some serious internal reflection and long-term change here.

The editors could still choose to take their article (100 MS pages) to non-BYU affiliated venues like their personal blogs, or FAIR, I suppose, but given the strength of this signal from The Powers That Be, I expect they they will think better.

Be watching your seismograph Monday morning when Jerry meets with Dan and Louis. There could still be additional drama, but thank you for what you have done to help me/us improve this little corner of Mormondom. I still dream that it might become relevant in the Mormon conversation again someday. We have a lot of repenting and work to do first, but I have a little more hope today.

Holy cow!!!! :eek:

Ask, and ye shall receive.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14