Do You Love Me Shades? YEAH you DO Love me baby!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Do You Love Me Shades? YEAH you DO Love me baby!!!

Post by _Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98T2rAcm7HQ&t=24s

Promotin the board here on my videos. spent 1/2 an hour sharing some things I am going to start making videos on, and talking about our board here. I am going to get back to making chess vids, but also include other vids on other topics that I love to explore, and as I do I shall notify you all here. In the meantime, I just let 28,000 more people know about the message board here, so we might start seeing a few new faces as it were.

I may even make videos of some of the topics we discuss here and share all your ideas also, in fact, I know I will, and I may even plagiarize!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I won't plagiarize without giving credit, of course. :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Do You Love Me Shades? YEAH you DO Love me baby!!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Yes, I do love you. A huge thanks for the YouTube shout-out! :-)

In the meantime, believe it or not, I consider "Shogi," or Japanese chess, to be far superior to our European chess. One reason is because when a piece is taken, it's not killed; it's considered to be taken prisoner and brainwashed, after which it starts fighting against its former owner. It can be dropped into any empty space at any time thereafter. Ergo, a player can't get away with simply looking at the enemy pieces on the board; he or she must take into account all of the empty spaces and well and account for what might suddenly spawn there without warning.

So how about this for your next chess video: Imagine having your opponent take your queen with his bishop, then switching your queen with a second queen of his color, then dropping what was formerly your queen anywhere on the board at any time in the future. Might that possibility force you to alter your strategy just a little?

See more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogi
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dayyum... that sounds absolutely fantastically cool! I'd LOVE to play Shogi.......I may have to look into this! It sounds very familiar to a kind of chess I am playing online.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

I love you too! I ended up watching a few of your chess videos as well. The backyard professor that I know from his apologetic years has only grown sweeter and incredibly more wise over the years. What a positive example and high mark that you set for us to try and follow. Thank you Kerry.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I love the enthusiasm you bought to this video. Can't help but thinking this would have Dr. Midgley snarling all the war back to Barad-dûr if he were to view it.

It is impressive how well-read you are, Kerry. Probably best to write Professor in a slightly larger typeface than Backyard.

You pronounce gnostic and Kabbalah differently than I do. I need to remember to say them like you if ever the Kabbalah comes up in a conversation.

The Backyard Professor abides! Two thumbs up for the expanded video series.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

OMG Philo..I just got into your link and I can't wait. I am not scholarly or anything. I am one of the regular Janes here on the board.

I have to ask you about your mind...seriously...my son can do this too...but how do you remember each book..each author and what exactly that they speak of? You must have an extremely good memory and can absorb so much more than this "average Jane"...I admire you. I will look forward to this and it will give me something alternative to share with like minded friends.

Thank you...
Candygal

Just so everyone understands...even though I don't share all of you members intelligence...I am proud at least...that I have seen a different light in order to serve and love others more.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

I took advantage of the link to watch your video and a few of your recent chess videos again. A couple of years ago I got into online chess and became obsessed with watching commentaries on grand master game play. Your pocketed flannel chess board is magnificent!