It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DCP: Mountain Meadows Massacre Caused by “Anti-Mormons”
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:53 pm 
God

Dr LOD wrote:
DCP is still using pre-1999 Mountain Meadows Massacre apologetic excuses, that does not match what the current narrative is out of the Church History Department especially after the Turley book was published. If he thinks he is going to do some talks on the subject he better get caught up on the current scholarship.

His argument about "fear" is a gross over simplification of what went on, which almost all historians have avoided in doing.

DCP may possibly be excused on a couple of fronts.

1. He most certainly is not a historian proper, even though he dabbles in it periodically.
2. DCP is most certainly not an specific LDS Church historian, even though he also dabbles in that periodically when he isn't so busy traveling and blogging.

To make such amateur errors as he has on such a well known topic, by both secular and LDS historians demonstrates that perhaps his safety is in continuing on in his dabbling of Islamic themes, instead of LDS historical themes.

Is Midgely serious? Peterson's blog is a patty-cake, surface only, all too frequently plagiarized bit of ephemeral nonsense. Why would anyone suppose avatars must be real? Midgley has lost his tiny little mind. Maybe he can go over to never-neverland and harass Peter Pan for not really knowing how to fly. -Lemmie-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:29 pm 
Charlatan

Philo Sofee wrote:
Quote:
Markk
But taking the former at face value, in regards to DCP, it makes perfect sense. DCP's mindset is one of fear and paranoia. He "reasons" and process information coming from a critic, in terms of being the picked on victim. If we were to go back and look at his "writing", most certainly share this victims mindset. You are his stalker. He was fired by a "purge"...etc, etc. There is always a boogie man in his closet.

Being LDS, as most of us know here, demands a certain amount of this "expression of fear" attitude; it is the only way to avoid dealing and processing certain truths and realities. However, DCP takes this to another level, and it certainly shows in his blogs and rants.

In his mind, his religious view is true and he is always right...which is fine, but he adds because of this, everyone is out to get me, and he writes with an expression of fear.

This appears to me to be a very profound psychological insight into not only Peterson, and his public postings, but the reason why he doesn't find Midgley, Kiwi57, or Smoot objectionable, and in turn does not dismiss their own peculiar fear based anaylses and comments. The apologists live in fear on perhaps more fronts than we fathom actually. Not only for their religion, but for their own peace of mind, their own testimonies, their own superiority, etc. Nothing about Mormonism appears to me these days to have that healthy bouncin and behavin hair......

Maybe his biography should be called..."My Life as a Victim, an Expression of Fear"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
Tator wrote:
Wow, the first time Ditto Copy Pasterson comes up with an original idea rather than plagiarize one it just happens to be a real stupid one.

But Tator, this stupid idea of Pasterson's is not original. I heard such explanation from the professor at BYU Winter Semester 1980 in a Utah history class.

I guess once a plagiarizier always a plagiarizer.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 pm 
Nursery

Philo Sofee wrote:
Dr LOD wrote:
DCP is still using pre-1999 Mountain Meadows Massacre apologetic excuses, that does not match what the current narrative is out of the Church History Department especially after the Turley book was published. If he thinks he is going to do some talks on the subject he better get caught up on the current scholarship.

His argument about "fear" is a gross over simplification of what went on, which almost all historians have avoided in doing.

1. He most certainly is not a historian proper, even though he dabbles in it periodically.
2. DCP is most certainly not an specific LDS Church historian, even though he also dabbles in that periodically when he isn't so busy traveling and blogging.

To make such amateur errors as he has on such a well known topic, by both secular and LDS historians demonstrates that perhaps his safety is in continuing on in his dabbling of Islamic themes, instead of LDS historical themes.

I wouldn't necessarily excuse him:

1. He can find better and more accurate information that is actually supported by the church in the Ensign article on the subject (2007), a FAIR conference talk by Dr Sessions (2003). Which would take about thirty minutes of his time. Or actually reading the books by Turley, Bagley or Brooks. One wouldn't need to be a historian to understand any of that material. Just have average reading comprehension, an some basic critical reasoning skills.

2. As a Mormon apologist he really should have a better grasp on one of the hot button issues of the last 20 years.

If he ever puts together that talk for a fireside like he said he was going to do I would love go hear what he has to say. Hopefully he prepares better when he does it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:53 pm 
God

Philo Sofee wrote:

2. DCP is most certainly not a specific LDS Church historian, even though he also dabbles in that periodically when he isn't so busy traveling and blogging.

Plus he is simply following the first tenet of apologetics which is denial.

To his credit, Dr. Peterson has not employed Dr. Midgley to dig up dirt on the massacred wagon train members nor given a green light for an Interpreter hit piece on survivor relatives (let's keep our fingers crossed that no survivor relatives are employed by the conniving usurpers at the Maxwell Insitute).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:15 am 
God

So. You know. For all the obfuscations that happens on his blog, either by him or his supporters, I'd like to ask these two questions and get an honest answer:

Besides John D. Lee, who else was arrested and convicted for the crimes committed at Mountain Meadows?

Why didn't the territorial government arrest and try those men who perpetrated the crimes committed at Mountain Meadows?

- Doc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:12 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why didn't the territorial government arrest and try those men who perpetrated the crimes committed at Mountain Meadows?

- Doc

Because it would involve all the men of Cedar City?