The Abominable and Detestable Crime Against Nature

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

The Abominable and Detestable Crime Against Nature

Post by _zeezrom »

I stumbled upon this read today: http://www.connellodonovan.com/abom.html (A Revised History of Homosexuality & Mormonism, 1840-1980)

It's an interesting read to be sure. One of the many things I found interesting was how schism churches were created for the purpose of including gay people. Unfortunately, because Mormonism is such a weird and boring religion, the churches didn't last on their own.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The Abominable and Detestable Crime Against Nature

Post by _Shulem »

I've seen this before and have perused it a few times. It makes me so angry. It's stuff like this that sets me off and makes my anger bubble up so that I just want to attack the church. The church refuses to apologize for anything it does wrong and is a constant threat to gay people worldwide.

I feel somewhat vindicated in my revenge in attacking the church down below in the:

Telestial forum.

SECOND TOKEN OF THE MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

They really should apologize. It would go a long way for them. Most young people in the U.S. will not have any interest in this church because of crap like this unless they make some big changes.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The church's power lies in whom it can exclude and hurt. Not in truth or inspiration or creativity. Any of that comes from the membership, not the "leadership". The leadership is a class of manipulative parasites who elevate their families and themselves above the other "saints". Endless hierarchies of one-upmanship and jockeying for status and power. Corporate heaven. My idea of hell.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Maksutov wrote:Endless hierarchies of one-upmanship and jockeying for status and power. Corporate heaven. My idea of hell.

I was recently hanging out with my cousin in a different state and he has a BIL that recently got promoted from MP to Area President. My cousin is a very faithful member. He told me how he thinks his BIL is not as fun as he used to be now that he is GA. All of his conversations end up going into gospel (propaganda) discussions. He only reads the Ensign and standard works so that he can be aware of all the things his superiors are talking about. In other words, his BIL has become a robot.

The Holy Sacrament.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

zeezrom wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Endless hierarchies of one-upmanship and jockeying for status and power. Corporate heaven. My idea of hell.

I was recently hanging out with my cousin in a different state and he has a brother in-law that recently got promoted from mission president to Area President. My cousin is a very faithful member. He told me how he thinks his brother in-law is not as fun as he used to be now that he is GA. All of his conversations end up going into gospel (propaganda) discussions. He only reads the Ensign and standard works so that he can be aware of all the things his superiors are talking about. In other words, his brother in-law has become a robot.

The church becomes their world.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Maksutov wrote:The church's power lies in whom it can exclude and hurt. Not in truth or inspiration or creativity. Any of that comes from the membership, not the "leadership". The leadership is a class of manipulative parasites who elevate their families and themselves above the other "saints". Endless hierarchies of one-upmanship and jockeying for status and power. Corporate heaven. My idea of hell.

Or as has also been powerfully noted, the best religious Social Darwinism on the planet. Man that just hits you right between the eyes!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:Or as has also been powerfully noted, the best religious Social Darwinism on the planet. Man that just hits you right between the eyes!

At least the Church does not imprison subversives at sea like some other religion that has Xenu, so we must be getting some light through the rotation of Kolob and its powerful emanations of Hot-coco-beans.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Moksha,

Often, you're psychedelic wit flies over my head but I smoked a doob not long ago and I gotta say, you really know how to drive points home.

The Holy Sacrament.