It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird visit from a true believer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 am 
God

A man I knew well from church many moons ago dropped by the house yesterday. Turns out he is a counselor in the Stake Presidency. This presidency has been in place for 6.5 years, dang am I out of touch of local church happenings, I did not know who the president or the other counselor were. He was looking at some list and saw my name and was inspired to come visit me. I was known for working at the temple, he saw that I was a High Priest, everyone thought I was one of the most knowledgeable about Mormon doctrine. He was very confused about how I could have fallen away, simply asking when I was coming back (I told him never, I got about 5 sentences in the entire conversation).

The conversation turned briefly to my health which set him off on a testimonial of Oxygen 3 and how it had totally healed his severe back issues, and then stories of three other people who had been cured from these miraculous treatments (which insurance does not cover but only costs $400 per treatment, of which you need at least 4, but there is a $1600 plan were you can get as many treatments as possible in 3 months, damn, how does one pass this up?).

Then the spirit settled on him (tears) and he started testifying to me what a Christ like man the Stake President was, it was like he worshiped the stake president. I can't explain what I saw come over this man as he testified of how he was seeing God's hand in everything, how important it is to get in tune as the end is near. Wow, I used to believe like that. He is a born in the wool, Chapel Mormon, without a clue of anything other than the correlated story.

On his way out, he pointed out that all insurance companies but his (he has sold insurance all his adult life) has raised their prices and he can beat them all and that I should drop by his office. As a parting shot as he was walking out the door, he came back to my health .. "would you like me to give you a blessing?"

A simple answer left a look of bewilderment on his face. "It sounds like I'd be better off with some oxygen 3".

Post subject: Re: Weird visit from a true believer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 am 
God

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:39 pm 
Holy Ghost

RockSlider wrote:
A simple answer left a look of bewilderment on his face. "It sounds like I'd be better off with some oxygen 3".

Grand slam!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:37 pm 
God

And that is how it's done.

Is Midgely serious? Peterson's blog is a patty-cake, surface only, all too frequently plagiarized bit of ephemeral nonsense. Why would anyone suppose avatars must be real? Midgley has lost his tiny little mind. Maybe he can go over to never-neverland and harass Peter Pan for not really knowing how to fly. -Lemmie-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:19 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually envy people for the times they know just exactly what to say, but in this case I am just enjoying it.

—B. Redd McConkie