It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mr Oaks claims Jesus experienced same sex attraction
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:51 am 
God

Quote:
“You cannot have any depression, frustration, disappointment, temptation or any other speed bump that we all encounter in the pathway of mortality that He has not experienced Himself. He has felt it all; He knows it all, so that He can succor us, which means to strengthen us, in our challenges in mortality.”

https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-a ... ood-160429

How/when did Jesus experience opoid addiction or divorce?

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

Post subject: Re: Mr Oaks claims Jesus experienced same sex attraction
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 am 
Son of Perdition

Oaks is a dope, I wish the ____ would just drop dead. The whole Mormon concept of Mormon Jesus is beyond absurd. How can Jesus know what it's like to make a mistake? How can Jesus know what it's like to do something you regret? How can Jesus really feel what it's like to wish you had done differently? How can Jesus feel the pain of guilt or shame? The answer is simple, he can't, period. Has Jesus' own heart felt guilt or regret? Nope. He's a dumb ass that simply doesn't know and doesn't have personal experience in any of these things. He's a r____! r____! There.

Mormon Jesus is a joke. The whole thing is a joke. It's stupid, immature, and childish religious garbage.

:twisted:

Oaks wrote:
You cannot have any depression, frustration, disappointment, temptation or any other speed bump that we all encounter in the pathway of mortality that He has not experienced Himself. He has felt it all; He knows it all, so that He can succor us, which means to strengthen us, in our challenges in mortality

Quote:
depression

I will agree that Jesus knew all about depression. He must have had gone through some horrible depression. That's a given!

Quote:
frustration

I will agree Jesus must have experienced plenty of frustration.

Quote:
disappointment

That too. Especially after begging his Father to let the cup pass and his Father tells him to drink anyway and get ready to get nailed to the cross. Father wants a real sacrifice. It's going to hurt!

Quote:
temptation

Yep he was tempted all right. Isn't everyone?

Quote:
He has felt it all

No he did not. He never felt what it was like to make a personal mistake or to do something he regretted because it was a wrong choice.

Quote:
He knows it all

No he does not. He doesn't know what it's like to hurt another person and then to have to apologize for those actions. He doesn't know what that's like to experience that for himself. He doesn't know what it's like to feel the weight of sin on yourself for having done it yourself. Jesus is totally ignorant of knowing what it's like to sin for yourself! Relying on other's experiences is not the same as relying on your own. Until you done it yourself you don't know what it's really like to do it.

Whether Jesus ever experienced same sex attraction is anyone's guess but according to the Mormons he never acted on it because that would have been sin. Therefore, Jesus would not know what it's like to act upon and experience what he was attracted to for himself. Other people's experiences are another affair but Jesus's personal experiences are his and his alone.

I wonder if Brigham Young would have clarified whether Elohim had sexual attraction for Mary when he overshadowed her. Now that's quite a concept to take in. The Mormons aren't going to touch that with a ten foot pole. The Mormons like to talk a lot but they don't back up what they say. Mormons are all talk!

I have a question wrote:
How/when did Jesus experience opoid addiction or divorce?

As far as we know Jesus never experienced divorce. The New Testament doesn't say one way or another.

We don't know if he ever smoked dope or otherwise. The scriptures don't say. We do know that he was given hyssop while on the cross.

Includes a startling new discovery!

An original and authentic look at Facsimile No. 3 as never seen before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 am 
Valiant B

He experienced it with his spiritual eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 am 
God

I find it interesting that the idea that Jesus has suffered all seems to bring a lot of people comfort. We all have those LDS friends who go on and on and on about how much comfort it brings them to know that Jesus suffered everything that they have and more.

I always thought that it was pointless and sad that Jesus suffered all. The sum total of human suffering just got doubled. How does that help me? I still had to suffer. How does Jesus suffering help me? Never made any sense to me. Sucks to be Jesus, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:35 am 
Son of Perdition

reflexzero wrote:
He experienced it with his spiritual eyes.

Perhaps he imagined it spiritually in his mind? Imagined what? Sinning? ha ha

One cannot understood something until they do it themselves. They might understand the mechanics involved and the theory but the actual practice and feeling involved in doing something are finite in nature and part of the physical experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:54 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
One cannot understood something until they do it themselves. They might understand the mechanics involved and the theory but the actual practice and feeling involved in doing something are finite in nature and part of the physical experience.

Christ suffered in proxy for our sins right?

Perhaps he enjoyed 'suffering' a bit there for Paul's sins ... hehe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am 
Son of Perdition

RockSlider wrote:

Maybe that's why he had to hang on the cross for so long. Heavenly Father was pretty upset for my sins so he took it out on Jesus. Heavenly Father was so angry with me for my sins that he inspired the Romans to flog Jesus extra hard. You now how Heavenly Father is when he gets angry with his rebellious children. There must be punishment and it's got to hurt!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
RockSlider wrote:

Maybe that's why he had to hang on the cross for so long. Heavenly Father was pretty upset for my sins so he took it out on Jesus. Heavenly Father was so angry with me for my sins that he inspired the Romans to flog Jesus extra hard. You now how Heavenly Father is when he gets angry with his rebellious children. There must be punishment and it's got to hurt!

I was suggesting Jesus hung there a bit to long because he enjoyed living your life in proxy (pretending that he was suffering for you) but there is no fooling Heavenly Father!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
Son of Perdition

RockSlider wrote:
I was suggesting Jesus hung there a bit to long because he enjoyed living your life in proxy (pretending that he was suffering for you) but there is no fooling Heavenly Father!

I never thought of that before. Jesus bleeding in the garden and hanging on the cross while at the same time enjoying my sins which sins have been very enjoyable. Lucky Jesus.

Then there is the Holy Ghost Spook who is always trying to get into the ladies body's to check things out. The more I think about it the more it becomes glaringly obvious that Mormon god is nothing but a creep. I really, really, dislike the Mormon god. He gives me the creeps.