It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Members don't have the resources to evacuate from Bahamas
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 am 
God

Thought this point was worthy of its own thread...
Quote:
“Most of the members of the Church here on Grand Bahama Island do not have the resources to evacuate. Therefore, they are staying put,” President Parker said in an email.

https://www.thechurchnews.com/global/20 ... ies-159898

Couldn't the Church with $32 billion sitting in a stock portfolio provide the necessary resources for them to be able to evacuate?

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

Last edited by I have a question on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: LDS Church refuses to evacuate members from Bahamas
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 am 
Sunbeam

Unless the Bahamian members have relatives in the US with whom they can stay, the Trump administration is unlikely to allow them into the US.

Because of a public statement by Trump suggesting he would withhold temporary protected status (TPS) normally granted to disaster victims from other countries, more than 100 Bahamian refugees were forced to disembark from a cruise ship they had legally boarded to come to the US.

In his North Carolina rally earlier this week, Trump claimed to love and stand up for his religious supporters, but religious privilege only extends so far, and apparently less than 54 miles offshore to a mainly non-white constituency.

Among the many problems that I have with the Mormon Church and much of its membership here in the US, their continued unreasoned support of the adulterous, demented, Russian intelligence asset who spends his days eating Big Macs and watching Fox news in the White House, is near the top of the list.

Post subject: Re: LDS Church refuses to evacuate members from Bahamas
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 am 
Son of Perdition

Arc wrote:
In his North Carolina rally earlier this week, Trump claimed to love and stand up for his religious supporters, but religious privilege only extends so far, and apparently less than 54 miles offshore to a mainly non-white constituency.

Trump is no Christian. He has no Christian love for anyone and doesn't care about anyone except for himself. He divides and spread chaos and fear. That is how he operates. I doubt he even cares much for his wife who is nothing but a sex toy (poodle) for him to amuse himself. I doubt he gives a damn about his young son and simply treats him like property.

The nation is in a state of fear these days. The nation is divided and has lost its goodwill. But this too will come to an end. The Trump days are numbered. The Republican party is forever damaged and has shot itself in the foot.

Arc wrote:
Among the many problems that I have with the Mormon Church and much of its membership here in the US, their continued unreasoned support of the adulterous, demented, Russian intelligence asset who spends his days eating Big Macs and watching Fox news in the White House, is near the top of the list.

God's party in action:

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I