It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mormon Lord won't except when he does
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 pm 
Holy Ghost

Either 8:19
Quote:
19 For the Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it, from the beginning of man.

1 Nephi 4:10-18
Quote:
10 And it came to pass that I was constrained by the Spirit that I should kill Laban; but I said in my heart: Never at any time have I shed the blood of man. And I shrunk and would that I might not slay him.

11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had taken away our property.

12 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands;

13 Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief.

14 And now, when I, Nephi, had heard these words, I remembered the words of the Lord which he spake unto me in the wilderness, saying that: Inasmuch as thy seed shall keep my commandments, they shall prosper in the land of promise.

15 Yea, and I also thought that they could not keep the commandments of the Lord according to the law of Moses, save they should have the law.

16 And I also knew that the law was engraven upon the plates of brass.

17 And again, I knew that the Lord had delivered Laban into my hands for this cause—that I might obtain the records according to his commandments.

18 Therefore I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and took Laban by the hair of the head, and I smote off his head with his own sword.

Kurt Vonnegut observed: "For some reason, the most vocal Christians...never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus."

Post subject: Re: Mormon Lord won't except when he does
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm 
Son of Perdition

Or in other words:

Quote:
For the Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will (OR DESIRE) that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it (UNLESS HE COMMANDS OTHERWISE), from the beginning of man.

JEHOVAH: I the LORD command you to kill your son Isaac and prove to me that you love me more than anything. Stick him with your knife!

ABRAHAM: Yes Lord, I'll stick my son with this knife to your glory! You are God! I'll do anything you say. Ask me to kill my wife and I'll kill her too. I'll even eat a baby!

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post subject: Re: Mormon Lord won't except when he does
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm 
God

Infants on Thrones recently did a smackdown on this topic. It came from Jeremy Goff's website where he claimed the story of Nephi killing Laban was a testimony builing story. I haven't listened to Infants on Thrones in years, but this caught my attention. Pretty good smackdown.

Quote:
When is murder not actually murder? Jeremy Goff sets the record straight once again. You just gotta hear it to believe it.

http://infantsonthrones.com/ep-585-jeremy-goff-smackdown-why-nephi-killing-laban-should-be-a-totally-awesome-testimony-builder/

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson