Book Of Mormon videos finally being released

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I have a question
God

Book Of Mormon videos finally being released

Post by I have a question »

The videos’ main purpose is to help both Latter-day Saints and individuals of other faiths increase their understanding of the Book of Mormon as a second witness of Jesus Christ (the first being the Bible).

“As I’m directing the scene … I’m thinking to myself, ‘I’m so thankful that I’m seeing this.’ I’ve read the book many times, but just to see it come to life is awesome, and I think people all over the world are going to respond to that,” said Adam Anderegg, one of the series’ directors. “It’s not necessarily a dramatization of the scriptures — it’s a visualization of the scriptures.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... mon-videos

I'm particularly looking forward to the "visualization" of 2 Nephi 5:21

"And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

As production for season three wraps and post-production begins, new videos and images from the first and second seasons, covering Book of Mormon chapters 1 Nephi 1 through Enos 1, will be released each Friday from September 20 to December 27, 2019.

Additional videos, including seasons three and four, will be released in 2020 and 2021.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Re: Book Of Mormon videos finally being released

Post by Holy Ghost »

Shoe polish is cheap
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate, Physics

DarkHelmet
God

Re: Book Of Mormon videos finally being released

Post by DarkHelmet »

We already have the definitive visualization of the scriptures. No need for more.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349159/?r ... f_=nv_sr_2
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775