It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where Is All The Money Going For The Witness Film?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:15 am 
God

Obviously it's not going to the makeup department.

As you can clearly see, David Whitmer is sporting a bald cap. You can clearly see the line of demarcation between the actor's real skin and the bald cap.

Just wait until people see this fiasco in HD. This is purely amateur film-making. Embarrassing, but I can't wait to see the finished product!

https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/186/2019/09/Screen-Shot-2019-09-03-at-8.41.44-PM.png

https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/186/2019/09/Screen-Shot-2019-09-03-at-8.44.07-PM.png

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... stone.html

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Post subject: Re: Where Is All The Money Going For The Witness Film?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:22 am 
God

That's how the actor looks, so I don't think he's wearing a bald cap...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4345376/

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:39 am 
God

Why didn't they finish the Book of Mormon movie?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Obviously it's not going to the makeup department.

As you can clearly see, David Whitmer is sporting a bald cap. You can clearly see the line of demarcation between the actor's real skin and the bald cap.

Just wait until people see this fiasco in HD. This is purely amateur film-making. Embarrassing, but I can't wait to see the finished product!

https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/186/2019/09/Screen-Shot-2019-09-03-at-8.41.44-PM.png

https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/186/2019/09/Screen-Shot-2019-09-03-at-8.44.07-PM.png

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... stone.html

Boy, that measly lantern hanging on the wall sure seems to be throwing off a ton of light. I mean, it's illuminating the *entire* barn! It's almost as if light is pouring from all sorts of unseen corners of the building! In fact, in that first image, you can even see it managing somehow to illuminate the guy in the right foreground's head! Is this meant to be a heavenly sort of glow, I wonder?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 pm 
Valiant A

Maksutov wrote:

Because it sucked. Therefore, they couldn’t get additional funding to continue the series. It was amateur hour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:45 pm 
God

Holy sh*t!!! This thing is actually being made?!? I thought it was all a joke!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 pm 
Hermit

I don't mind if they skimp on most of the scenes. I want as much money as possible available to portray the Angel Moroni revealing the plates to the witnesses. The actual witness moment.

In case anyone has forgotten, this may be the supreme test of Interpreter's honesty in regards to their claims to orthodoxy over and above the new MI. If the portrayal of the witness moment leaves a subjective interpretation open, it's just a "vision", then they've failed to show their greater discipleship.

In order for the witness to be objective, Moroni must interact with his surroundings in some way. Perhaps a tree limb breaks away and falls as Moroni descends, or maybe a bug vaporizes as it strikes Moroni's protective shielding, or after Moroni ascends, the camera zooms in on a burned spot on the ground beneath where his feet had hovered. There's all kinds of options here, I'll leave it to the filmmakers to decide what works best, but if the scene can be viewed as a subjective experience, then the Interpreter, in my opinion, has fallen into apostasy.

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:03 pm 
God

Sanctorian wrote:
Holy sh*t!!! This thing is actually being made?!? I thought it was all a joke!

Nope. It was peer reviewed, and therefore this is about total objective reality.

Is Midgely serious? Peterson's blog is a patty-cake, surface only, all too frequently plagiarized bit of ephemeral nonsense. Why would anyone suppose avatars must be real? Midgley has lost his tiny little mind. Maybe he can go over to never-neverland and harass Peter Pan for not really knowing how to fly. -Lemmie-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:35 am 
God

I have a question wrote:

Good catch, otherwise there seemed to be a shading mismatch. Perhaps the lower nozzles of his face bronzer are a bit clogged.

It is a shame that Dr. Peterson cannot be there instead of being bogged down with a heavy teaching schedule. He could have drummed up support at the local Ontario wards.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 am 
God

I have a question wrote:

How come they didn’t go with this guy? Seems like a natural fit for the comedy that is “The Witnesses”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:46 am 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Boy, that measly lantern hanging on the wall sure seems to be throwing off a ton of light. I mean, it's illuminating the *entire* barn! It's almost as if light is pouring from all sorts of unseen corners of the building! In fact, in that first image, you can even see it managing somehow to illuminate the guy in the right foreground's head! Is this meant to be a heavenly sort of glow, I wonder?

It's a Jaredite lantern.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 am 
God

GameOver wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Because it sucked. Therefore, they couldn’t get additional funding to continue the series. It was amateur hour.

And this isn't? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dowser Dan's version of the Great Restoration? :lol: :lol: :lol: The Book of Mormon movie had a hunky actual actor playing Nephi. What is this bunch? The Hale Center Theatre? :biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 am 
Dragon

I don't see much of a resemblance..

Riding on a speeding train;
trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain;
Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world
can change your direction:
One step where events converge
may alter your perception.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:48 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:

You're correct. The lighting is WAY off and will leave the viewer with the impression the filmmaker obviously wasn't interested in a realistic portrayal.

And, what's wrong with the make-up? There is a crystal clear demarcation line from white to dark brown on his forehead making it look like the actor is wearing a different colored bald cap.

So far, I'm loving this. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014