Radio Free Mormon at Sunstone this Year

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Radio Free Mormon at Sunstone this Year

Post by _moksha »

Hagoth wrote:Hilarious! I hope you're going to present it that way with video/audio clips.

Imagine how some Brother Jake-type collages would spice up Consiglieri's presentation!
So will this be your official unmasking or will you be wearing a bag over your head?

Professor Louis Midgley sitting in the audience with a bag of prunes ready to throw at the real-life Consiglieri. Maybe even a subpoena server for a kangaroo Court of Love. Scary stuff.

Symposium Question: Brother Consiglieri, has Radio Free Mormon made creative Mormon mythology the source of choice for future General Conference talks?

Consider yourself sustained.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

These are really good questions, and I appreciate your asking them. I am super busy today and tomorrow so may not have much time to post responses. Some would require very very lengthy responses. But they are good for me because they help me think in new ways and give me new insights on my own experience. Thanks so much!

Honestly, it is very difficult for me to unpack my own Mormon story, even though I lived it! I am still working at it and slowly understanding more and more overtime.

I do want to add that this board and the members on it have been a big part of my Mormon story. It has been one helluva ride!
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

consiglieri wrote:
I have a question wrote:Consig,

What outcomes are you trying to achieve with your podcast?

I really have no concrete outcomes envisioned.

I am just having a blast talking about Mormonism in a format where the church can't stop me or control what I say.

So there’s one outcome :wink:

In what way or ways would you like to think listeners could be better off in their relationship with the Church because of your podcasts?

Is your reluctance to face church discipline by maintaining anonymity now disingenuous given what you actually think about the Church, it’s doctrines and its policies and practices? (I’m asking myself the same question, but I’m not a public figure with my own “bubble on a church PowerPoint slide).

What have you learned from your involvement with Bill Reel, Deson McKenna and Mike Norton?

Where does RFM go next to avoid becoming yet another repetitive podcast that’s run out of material?

Is the RFM podcast becoming more of a personal financial imperative rather than a purely thought provoking information service from “behind enemy lines”?

Do you feel any personal responsibility for contributing to the loss of testimony of members?

Have you considered developing a range of RFM merchandise?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

I have a question wrote:Where does RFM go next to avoid becoming yet another repetitive podcast that’s run out of material?

RFM has such a unique take on Mormonism, he has literally carved out his own space within the Mormon themed podcast community. His methodical, Prosecutorial approach to the Mormon subject, holding the feet of the Mormon Church and its truth claims to the fire of accountability and asking the questions that none of its leadership will ever subject themselves to is a very unique space within the Mormon podcast community. The only way he could ever run out of material is if LDS leaders stop talking and making their unsubstantiated claims.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Just ducking in for a moment to once again express my appreciation for all the great questions!

Some of these questions would take the entire sixty-minutes to answer, if not longer!

I will be taking all these questions, together with those submitted at NOM and also on the radiofreemormon.org website, and putting them in a file to review.

Keep 'em coming!

Love,

Consiglieri
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

At some point you'll need to address the "Worthiness Interviews". I can only imagine how much fun you'll have doing that one. I can't think of a better way to slam the church and do public service at the same time by doing a podcast on protecting children from the prying questions of bishops interrogating children about their sexuality.

Sick em!

:evil:
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Have you ever thought about doing a systematic take-down of Fair-Moromon? Some of their supposed "answers" are nothing more than gaslighting or appeals to believe in some alternative universe. I am sure there would be enough topics to last a long while.

Also, do you have a favorite mopologist and if so, why?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Just a note to let everybody know I am copying and pasting your questions into a word document for consideration of what questions I will be answering at Sunstone.

These are in addition to other questions contributed at other fora.

I would answer all of them if time permitted.

You ask some very good and very penetrating questions; and some that have caused me a great deal of reflection.

I appreciate you all!

All the Best!

--Consiglieri
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

consiglieri wrote:
Shulem wrote:Which issue do you think will prove the most damaging to the church during the years 2020-2030?

The church leaders' insistence on strict obedience to their teachings in the face of increasingly widespread data showing they are not inspired.

Amen
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

And don't forget the "signs and miracles" that supposedly follow the true and living church, while its selfproclaimed apostles, who are willing to take the praise of men, cannot perform even the slightest magic act.
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?