Why Yahweh and Elohim Can Be Considered Mythology

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Why Yahweh and Elohim Can Be Considered Mythology

Post by _Philo Sofee »

At one of the favorite Mopologists sponsors, we read of the story of the various Hawaiian Gods and their version of creation and power and authority, etc. And of course, none of this is literally real or historical in any manner whatsoever in Dr. Peterson's mind. He is simply mining parallels to Genesis imagining it gives it credibility. But it doesn't. I have no more reason to think Elohim is actually existing than Lunu in the Hawaiian pantheon does.
When Dr, Peterson grasps that the same reasons for him to utterly doubt the actual existence and reality of any of the Hawaiian deities as conceived by them, he will then realize the reason Elohim and Yahweh are in the exact same situation, just written about in a different book.

The etymological analysis of the Hawaiian names to insure their antiquity literally does nothing for their reality anymore than linguistic gymnastics do for Yahweh or Elohim.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... igion.html
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Why Yahweh and Elohim Can Be Considered Mythology

Post by _moksha »

Wonder if Dr. Peterson could do an etymological analysis of the Finnish names Wainamoinen and Lemminkainen from the Kalevala. I would love to see what parallels Dr. Peterson could find in this beloved creation poem. Could be that some of the characters might be thinly veiled references to the three Nephites.

Fed upon the ocean whiting,
Thus became a mighty hero,
In his veins the blood of ages,
Read erect and form commanding,
Growth of mind and body perfect
But alas! he had his failings,
Bad indeed his heart and morals,
Roaming in unworthy places,
Staying days and nights in sequences
At the homes of merry maidens,
At the dances of the virgins,
With the maids of braided tresses.

Sounds like Lemminkainen would have excelled in the Quorum of Traveling Apostles.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Why Yahweh and Elohim Can Be Considered Mythology

Post by _Philo Sofee »

moksha wrote:Wonder if Dr. Peterson could do an etymological analysis of the Finnish names Wainamoinen and Lemminkainen from the Kalevala. I would love to see what parallels Dr. Peterson could find in this beloved creation poem. Could be that some of the characters might be thinly veiled references to the three Nephites.

Fed upon the ocean whiting,
Thus became a mighty hero,
In his veins the blood of ages,
Read erect and form commanding,
Growth of mind and body perfect
But alas! he had his failings,
Bad indeed his heart and morals,
Roaming in unworthy places,
Staying days and nights in sequences
At the homes of merry maidens,
At the dances of the virgins,
With the maids of braided tresses.

Sounds like Lemminkainen would have excelled in the Quorum of Traveling Apostles.

:lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."