Time for Rusty and Wendy to enjoy brunch!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Time for Rusty and Wendy to enjoy brunch!

Post by _Maksutov »

Dowsing Dan is triggered! Good thing he can fling poo from his safe space. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Peterson probably writes close to a thousand posts each year, and he's had the blog since, what, 2012 or perhaps earlier? So the thing is roughly ten years old, meaning that there are more or less ten thousand posts. Here's a question for you: How many of those posts describe him doing something charitable, such as volunteering at a soup kitchen or donating some of his time to students in a financially-strapped school? Now compare the complete dearth of those sorts of posts with posts where he's essentially "bragging" about visiting some exotic locale, or cramming yet another meal down his gullet? There have been some observations recently on SeN on the fact that the Church's recruitment efforts are flagging. You sort of have to ask: what is the better recruitment strategy? For some loud-mouthed BYU professor to brag about his global travels while simultaneously slamming science and critics, and ruminating openly on the validity of near-death experiences? Or, instead, for Latter-day Saints to truly give, and to relate stories of how much they are doing to help those who have less?

These are excellent points which all lead to the conclusion that Mr. Peterson is NOT a practicing Christian. Never at anytime in all my readings has he ever led me to believe he is a practicing Christian. I think he's a mean and crafty son of a bitch.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:There is NO WAY Jesus Christ would tolerate that. He'd open up those doors and usher in everyone until the food was gone. Then he'd humbly wash their feet, and let them know they're God's children, worthy of respect and a full belly.

- Doc

Church security does not have him on the list.

The menu is similar to the Sterling Brunch at Bally's, minus the champagne and mimosas.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Danny boy Pasterson is outta cite.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Michael R. Loveridge, J. D. wrote:Image

Hey, here's MY take: For all the sacrifice of their personal lives and comforts, not to mention time away from loved ones and family celebrations, long, long meetings, etc., the Twelve, the First Presidency and the rest of the General Officers can eat ANYTHING they wish at my or the Church's expense! (That includes caviar and king crab legs!)

Hey Michael, bow down and kiss their feet too. You, sir, are in the CULT!