It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: hereafter: "not the place where families will be reunited"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 am 
God

Quote:
Nelson disabused the notion that all people will be with their loved ones after death. Resurrection assures that all will live forever, but “much more” is required for the privilege of exaltation with family, he said.

“The spirit in each of us naturally yearns for family love to last forever,” Nelson said. “Love songs perpetuate a false hope that love is all you need if you want to be together forever.”

However, “While salvation is an individual matter,” he said, “exaltation is a family matter.”

For a family to be exalted forever, Nelson reminded members that they must qualify for it by making covenants with God, keeping those covenants, and receiving essential church ordinances.

Nelson said he weeps for friends and relatives who — despite their generous gifts of time, energy and resources in this life — have ignored Christ’s pleadings to “Come, follow me.”

“They need to understand that while there is a place for these hereafter — with wonderful men and women who also chose not to make covenants with God — that is not the place where families will be reunited and given the privilege to live and progress forever,” he said.
https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/ ... 7e0d3.html

Post subject: Re: hereafter: "not the place where families will be reunite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:24 am 
God

Such silly gobbledeegoop "doctrine."

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 am 
Son of Perdition

The evangelicals were right all along. Mormons really do believe you have to WORK to get to heaven. Salvation by grace and love is NOT part of Mormon Jesus's plan. It's all about WORK and obeying the leaders and doing what they tell you to do so you can keep the covenants they require.

I'm so glad to be out of the cult.

Includes a startling new discovery!

An original and authentic look at Facsimile No. 3 as never seen before.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 am 
Son of Perdition

Nelsatan wrote:
Love songs perpetuate a false hope that love is all you need if you want to be together forever

Did the son of a ____ just slam the Beatles? Good grief.

:evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 am 
Son of Perdition

Nelsatan wrote:
salvation is an individual matter, exaltation is a family matter

What about the ugly ducklings that nobody would merry? Does Joseph Smith get them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 am 
Son of Perdition

Nelsatan wrote:
despite their generous gifts of time, energy and resources in this life — have ignored Christ’s pleadings to “Come, follow me.”

It's his way or the highway. No amount of work or grace is good enough unless you submit yourselves to the cult and obey the leaders. It's Mormon Jesus way or no way. Period.

You can forget it, Nelsatan! Drop dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:42 am 
Son of Perdition

Nelsatan wrote:
there is a place for these hereafter

Where they can live with Doctor Scratch in eternity as a TK smoothie.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 am 
God

Philo Sofee wrote:

I know, right? I'm so far out of this but I have a family reunion coming up and a couple of my siblings are stressing over dealing with the Mormon family members and crazy stuff like this. It's horrible how Mormon policy can cause such pain and division in families.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 am 
Hermit

Grading on the curve I don't see this as any worse in intent than saying those unsaved will suffer hellfire for eternity. It is a little worse in the sense that one can only get the ticket from a Church that charges 10% of your income only to spend that money on cattle ranches and real estate.

The suggestion of course, in nonsensical. It doesn't actually mean anything. What is a family? what does it mean to be together? You will never be given a clear definition or explanation. Nobody at Interpreter or Sic et Non can explain it either. If a family commits suicide together on Monday night for family home evening, they will end up together in the Telestial Kingdom and be there together forever with all the time in the universe to play chutes and ladders. If family members in lower kingdoms are separated from each other by say, a barricade between districts, that has yet to be revealed. Although, I await speculation on the matter in the comment section at Sic et Non.

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 am 
Seedy Academician

I agree with the Dean. This is nothing more or less than manipulative rhetoric to scare people into line. It has no real substance. The negative impact it has is real and unfortunate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 am 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Gadianton wrote:
Grading on the curve I don't see this as any worse in intent than saying those unsaved will suffer hellfire for eternity. It is a little worse in the sense that one can only get the ticket from a Church that charges 10% of your income only to spend that money on cattle ranches and real estate.

The suggestion of course, in nonsensical. It doesn't actually mean anything. What is a family? what does it mean to be together? You will never be given a clear definition or explanation. Nobody at Interpreter or Sic et Non can explain it either. If a family commits suicide together on Monday night for family home evening, they will end up together in the Telestial Kingdom and be there together forever with all the time in the universe to play chutes and ladders. If family members in lower kingdoms are separated from each other by say, a barricade between districts, that has yet to be revealed. Although, I await speculation on the matter in the comment section at Sic et Non.

Take the Nibleys as an example. Hugh Nibley presumably did everything he needed in order to enter the CK, no? But then think about his hardcore apostate daughter, Martha Nibley Beck. In such a case as that, what happens? Does Nibley's "God"-status allow him to basically "change" Martha so that, in heaven, she's no longer apostate or angry with him, and they can all now be a "forever family"?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:04 am 
God

These doofuses can't keep their message straight. I'm a Mormon, don't use Mormon. Can't baptize the children of gay parents, oh reverse that and now this...
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding
Quote:
“When a seal is put upon the father and mother, it secures their posterity, so that they cannot be lost, but will be saved by virtue of the covenant of their father and mother.”

Elder Orson F. Whitney
Quote:
“The Prophet Joseph Smith declared—and he never taught more comforting doctrine—that the eternal sealings of faithful parents and the divine promises made to them for valiant service in the Cause of Truth, would save not only themselves, but likewise their posterity. Though some of the sheep may wander, the eye of the Shepherd is upon them, and sooner or later they will feel the tentacles of Divine Providence reaching out after them and drawing them back to the fold. Either in this life or the life to come, they will return. They will have to pay their debt to justice; they will suffer for their sins; and may tread a thorny path; but if it leads them at last, like the penitent Prodigal, to a loving and forgiving father’s heart and home, the painful experience will not have been in vain. Pray for your careless and disobedient children; hold on to them with your faith. Hope on, trust on, till you see the salvation of God.”

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:41 am 
God

The march toward cojcolds' death continues. One need only look to the latest pronouncements from the chief magician. Like he really knows what's beyond. For all we know, he is the one who will be punished for the lies he tells. However, if one says nonsense with enough confidence, there are always dupes who believe it.

Just think about what Nonsense Nelson wants his dupes to believe: Joseph Smith spoke to God through a rock. The countless contradictions that plagued Joseph Smith's work don't matter. One must believe in the Book of Mormon even though there is no evidence for it. One must believe that God couldn't forgive his children without a blood sacrifice. God couldn't foresee the problems the 2015 policy would cause. And on and on .....

Who wants to be in a universe where reward depends on believing in fraud?

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am 
God

Philo Sofee wrote:

This is the doctrine, yes. As far as trying to reach solid and/or complete answers to the ramifications of this doctrine...that's going to be pretty hard to do in the here and now. Impossible, in fact. But it's interesting to consider and think about. As for me, I'd just as well live according the tenets and teachings of the church knowing that it will all come out in the wash and that God will make everything right.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 am 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:

This is the doctrine, yes. As far as trying to reach solid and/or complete answers to the ramifications of this doctrine...that's going to be pretty hard to do in the here and now. Impossible, in fact. But it's interesting to consider and think about. As for me, I'd just as well live according the tenets and teachings of the church knowing that it will all come out in the wash and that God will make everything right.

Regards,
MG

Given all the religious frauds out there and the utter lack of any proof Pres. Nelson has regarding the afterlife, isn't the better wager to not believe in his nonsense and just live the best you can based on actual evidence and actual proof and not wishful thinking?

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 am 
2nd Counselor

Shulem wrote:
Nelsatan wrote:
Love songs perpetuate a false hope that love is all you need if you want to be together forever

Did the son of a ____ just slam the Beatles? Good grief.

:evil:

In fairness, that was one of the Beatles' worst songs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 am 
God

Gadianton wrote:

I agree, although I will say that in attending mass with my catholic husband and learning his religion's catechism, I've never heard such a threat leveled against those who have passed. The worst I ever got was a nun who threatened to tell my cousin-in-law priest that I couldn't get married in a catholic church if I missed her class.

(I suppose I should explain that last part. I was taking her catechism class in order to be baptized catholic, shortly after which I would be marrying in a catholic ceremony. I politely told her one time I needed to be a few minutes late to one of her classes because it was the only time we could get an appointment to audition a band for our wedding reception. I thought it would be okay, as I had never been late or missed any of the 14 twice-weekly classes so far. She took offense at my apparent choice of worldly concerns over my spiritual learning. I missed the band audition, the nun was appeased, and our wedding and reception went off without a hitch. The band was spectacular.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:22 am 
God

Thank Google GOD!!! Now I won't be tied to those people in my family (Morgbots) that I detest.

Thank you Mormon man god, his son Mormon Bastard jebus and Rusty the tin man. Thanks for clarifying that just because Jebus died upon the sticks for the resurrection, I don't get family relations in Mormon man god heaven even IF we are all in the same place. GREAT NEWS!

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 am 
God

The thing that bothered me most was the very importance of repentance in the process. The very process that they do not follow when amending the recent policy change. No apologies..no recognition of wrong doing. In all his words, I applied it to the presidency and the 12...in this, they will never see a loved one again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 am 
Son of Perdition

Mormonicious wrote:
Thank Google GOD!!! Now I won't be tied to those people in my family (Morgbots) that I detest.

Thank you Mormon man god, his son Mormon Bastard jebus and Rusty the tin man. Thanks for clarifying that just because Jebus died upon the sticks for the resurrection, I don't get family relations in Mormon man god heaven even IF we are all in the same place. GREAT NEWS!

I don't want to live with judgmental family members either! Screw them. Mormon Man-god can kick their sorry asses up into the celestial kingdom while we all party and have a good time down below. But I'm going to outer darkness because I utterly refuse to bow my knees to Bastard Jesus. I refuse to abide the covenant of the telestial kingdom. Jesus isn't my king. The best parties and the most fun happen in outer darkness.

So, anyone else going to outer darkness too?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 am 
Son of Perdition

candygal wrote:
The thing that bothered me most was the very importance of repentance in the process. The very process that they do not follow when amending the recent policy change. No apologies..no recognition of wrong doing. In all his words, I applied it to the presidency and the 12...in this, they will never see a loved one again.

I have a feeling that the day of judgment and Karma is coming for the 15 apostles. They are about to meet a new destiny wherein they are going to be exposed for the fakes they are. Google God will continue to sound the trump and the ranks of the apostate will continue to swell as the church itself is cracking to pieces.

Come Let Us Rejoice!

Mormonism is falling.

:biggrin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next