SeN: "Mormonism has never criticized the RCC!"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: SeN: "Mormonism has never criticized the RCC!"

Post by _Shulem »

MsJack wrote:As a Protestant, I don't mind Mormons having scriptures that call the RC church names.

Sorry, but you too belong to the church of the devil. The Book of Mormon has declared it. Even so, Amen.

_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

MsJack wrote:As a Protestant, I don't mind Mormons having scriptures that call the RC church names. It's not like Martin Luther didn't do that and worse. And if Mormons want to re-interpret those Scriptures in a more ecumenical light, more power to them.

It's these "We have always been at war with Eurasia"-esque denials that are grating.

As an exmo with a scrupulous autistic Mormon son, I mind. I don't like the divisiveness of it. I fear it breeds mistrust between people, harming relationships.
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

The once flaxen cord that now is an iron chain that DCP and Midget is chained by, must be heavy to bear.
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Ballard wrote:And if they have a Catholic background, they don’t know who God is. They don’t know who the Savior is; nor do they know who the Holy Ghost is.

He can't really say that because as DCP pointed out, Catholic theology is built on the great categories of Aristotle. That's one magisterium. Then there are the prophetic revelations of the LDS church leaders. That's another magisterium. To say the two have anything to do with each other would be like comparing carpentry to a sonata.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shulem wrote:I wonder or even doubt that the pope even knows that Joseph Smith was porking 14 year old girls and the church covered it up. I'll bet the pope wouldn't have met with NelSatan had he known that.

:twisted:

Pope Francis desires to build bonds and extend understanding between people. He washes the feet of prisoners instead of shouting, "Off with their heads".

Pope Francis would not hold Joseph's transgressions against the current LDS Church. He would be forgiving.

Hopefully, now that LDS leaders have met face to face with the Pope, they will be able to accord the Catholic Church more respect.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Shulem wrote:I wonder or even doubt that the pope even knows that Joseph Smith was porking 14 year old girls and the church covered it up. I'll bet the pope wouldn't have met with NelSatan had he known that.

:twisted:

Pope Francis desires to build bonds and extend understanding between people. He washes the feet of prisoners instead of shouting, "Off with their heads".

Pope Francis would not hold Joseph's transgressions against the current LDS Church. He would be forgiving.

Hopefully, now that LDS leaders have met face to face with the Pope, they will be able to accord the Catholic Church more respect.

Sure, whatever you say!

PIMP Joseph Smith and his whores