Scientology claims Leah Remini incited religious bigotry...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Scientology claims Leah Remini incited religious bigotry...

Post by _Holy Ghost »

...that "led" to the killing of a Scientologist.

On Jan. 3 at the Church of Scientology headquarters in Sydney, Australia, a Taiwanese man was stabbed in the neck.

Scientology is blaming Leah Remini, an ex-Scientologist and another, Mike Rinder, the hosts of "Scientology and the Aftermath." By letter dated Jan. 11 sent to A&E network head Paul Buccieri, Church of Scientology spokesperson Karin Pouw wrote that “For years, A&E executives ignored our warnings that the series was inspiring bigotry and violence. You knew what you were doing. Your intent was to stir up hate and turn it into cash. Now someone has been murdered. Your indifference and obsession with stirring hate underwrote his murder.” The subject line for the letter from Scientology's Pouw to A&E's Buccieri reads "Blood on your hands". Pouw went on, in the letter, to state that Remini “coaches people on the show to incite hatred against Scientology”, explaining that “The attacker was inspired by an anti-Scientology website that featured your people and included a link to Remini’s show.”

The letter provides no evidence of the causal link claimed, and the Church of Scientology has not responded when media have requested to know what that causal link might be.

Maybe MormonDiscussions.com will one day find itself of being accused by Rusty's Church (or whatever name it is now supposed to go by) of stirring religious bigotry against Mormons and inspiring others to commit Mormon hate crimes.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: Scientology claims Leah Remini incited religious bigotry

Post by _Sanctorian »

One can only hope. Kidding aside, the only murder I endorse would be of the organizations of Scientology and Mormonism. The people within the organizations should remain untouched and live full healthy lives.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Holy Ghost wrote:Maybe MormonDiscussions.com will one day find itself of being accused by Rusty's Church (or whatever name it is now supposed to go by) of stirring religious bigotry against Mormons and inspiring others to commit Mormon hate crimes.

That's already happened. http://disq.us/p/1y22plw
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kiwi57 [responding to] DanielPeterson

a month ago

It's all right with me if Shades uses my real name in this blog.

Well. Since some of us need to be brought up to speed. Who is Kiwi57 in real life?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Kiwi57 [responding to] DanielPeterson

a month ago

It's all right with me if Shades uses my real name in this blog.

Well. Since some of us need to be brought up to speed. Who is Kiwi57 in real life?

- Doc

I thought it was the journalist?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Kiwi57.

Puke.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist