Which LDS leader has disappointed you the most

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Which LDS leader has disappointed you the most

Post by _Shulem »

candygal wrote:Joseph Smith Jr. Big time.

He wants you, candybaby!

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I don't feel disappointed with any of them. I expect them to have foibles just like the rest of us. If they seem to have more of them that too is okay. Things tend to average out in the end. Someone will come along who will be kinder and more inspired.

The Universe is unfolding as it should, except of course for Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Each one of them that knows the accurate history, or intentionally puts his head in the sand, and yet continues to promote the misleading LDS version.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Paul Dunn. Then, those over him who knew he was lying and let it go on.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_mcjathan
_Emeritus

Post by _mcjathan »

Fence Sitter wrote:Seriously? How can the answer be anything other than Joseph Smith? No other prophet claimed to be having face to face talks with God while simultaneously swindling people out of their wives, wealth and even their lives in some cases.

Though Young did try.
I assumed the OP was referring to living church leaders.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Oaks and Holland.

Blatant corruption, dishonesty and lying.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Oaks and Holland.

Blatant corruption, dishonesty and lying.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

mcjathan wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:Seriously? How can the answer be anything other than Joseph Smith? No other prophet claimed to be having face to face talks with God while simultaneously swindling people out of their wives, wealth and even their lives in some cases.

Though Young did try.
I assumed the OP was referring to living church leaders.

Me too.

Elsewise I move my vote to Jesus. Who has let 2000 years pass without showing up to clean up the mess religion in his name has created, well organized religion in general has created, and if he is truly omnipotent, he needs to reign in these religious twinks.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

There are a number of candidates.

For instance, President Nelson when he was the head of the Q12 knowingly signed up to the Church running two campaigns for Satan ("I'm A Mormon" and "Meet The Mormons"). A man with integrity would have stepped down knowing he couldn't support such initiatives. Can it get more disappointing than leading the Church in a way that does Satan's bidding?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_2bizE
_Emeritus

Post by _2bizE »

Without question, Oaks.
~ 2BizE