DCP Pledges A Kinder, More Gentle Mopolgetics for 2019

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

DCP Pledges A Kinder, More Gentle Mopolgetics for 2019

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

In what can only be described as a Mr. Scrooge like epiphany from A Christmas Carol, DCP decides to commit to being a kinder, gentler version of himself for 2019.

I'm sure I speak for Gemli, the Maxwell Institue, many LDS scholars and thousands of people when I say congratulations and here's hoping 2019 will be the year of when Mopolgetics drops its divisiveness, vitriol and polemics in favor of real scholarship.

Only time will tell if DCP can keep his commitment, but I wish him well.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... dness.html

Merry Smithmas, DCP!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Pledges A Kinder, More Gentle Mopolgetics for 2019

Post by _moksha »

What makes you think that any of those positive behaviors or sentiments were meant to be applied to apologetics?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Everybody Wang Chung, I cannot see where he makes any such commitment. He talks about peace and kindness and seasonal goodwill, but in no way does he personally pledge to BE more kind and gentle. But then, neither do I. Do you Everybody Wang Chung?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I have a question wrote:Everybody Wang Chung, I cannot see where he makes any such commitment. He talks about peace and kindness and seasonal goodwill, but in now way does he personally pledge to BE more kind and gentle. But then, neither do I. Do you Everybody Wang Chung?

I guess we'll see if he releases Part II of his hit piece or not.

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

but in no way does he personally pledge to BE more kind and gentle

either way it was a nice post.

I do note that it has received no comments, in stark contrast to his attack on Gemli on Thanksgiving day, which immediately was lauded by Midgley and some angry grandma as a masterpiece.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:either way it was a nice post.

I do note that it has received no comments, in stark contrast to his attack on Gemli on Thanksgiving day, which immediately was lauded by Midgley and some angry grandma as a masterpiece.

I guess Christian sentiments just aren’t as interesting to his regular commenters.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

There is more gravy than grave about Professor Peterson.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)