Ballard speaks directly to YOU, MDB members!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Ballard speaks directly to YOU, MDB members!

Post by _Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:When I see this apostle feed and wash the feet of starving children, when I see him declaring God’s love for all His children and welcoming all His children to the ordinance of baptism, then I will truly see a servant of Christ doing his Master’s will. Until then, I hear hollow words at best and blasphemy at worst.

Sadly, this Church has sold its birthright for a mess of Culture War pottage.

I can't even picture Ballard in my mind's eye on the ground washing someone's feet. First he'd have to take off that ridiculous tie and shirt and be prepared to get a little dirty. Somehow, Ballard thinks the shirt and tie are emblems of his righteousness and prevent him from having to get down and dirty. He likes to bark orders like a dog. He likes to have things fetched for him. But wash the feet of dirty old man on the sidewalk of Calcutta? Hardly. Ballard is too good for that kind of stuff.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Ballard speaks directly to YOU, MormonDiscussions.com me

Post by _Philo Sofee »

The head honcho top dog Apostle of Jesus Christ said
When I have had a question that I cannot answer, I turn to those who can help me. The Church is blessed with trained scholars and those who have devoted a lifetime of study, who have come to know our history and scriptures. These thoughtful men and women provide context and background so we can better understand our sacred past and our current practices.

See? Jesus doesn't even know as much as the scholars! Dan Peterson must be absolutely Thrilled! My gawd, all that blogging made him more intelligent than Jesus himself. :cool:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: Ballard speaks directly to YOU, MormonDiscussions.com me

Post by _spotlight »

You will not die spiritually like the beautiful sequoia tree,...

Even sequoia trees can die spiritually? Who knew? This is new doctrine indeed. Truly many great and important things continue to be revealed by the prophets and apostles. I really should renew my subscription pay my tithing to avoid missing out. :rolleyes:
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee