Where Tithing Money Goes - Ensign October 2018

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Where Tithing Money Goes - Ensign October 2018

Post by _I have a question »

You earn money.

You donate 10 percent of your income for tithing (see Doctrine and Covenants 119).

You give your tithing to a member of your bishopric or branch presidency or submit it online at donations.lds.org.

At Church headquarters, the First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and Presiding Bishopric are the Council on the Disposition of the Tithes (see Doctrine and Covenants 120). As directed by the Lord, they make inspired decisions on how these sacred tithing funds will be used.

Tithing may be used for:

Constructing and maintaining temples, churches, and other Church-owned buildings

Operating Church-education programs

Printing scriptures and other materials

Doing family history research

Providing welfare and humanitarian efforts

Doing missionary work

Providing Church activities for fellowshipping among ward or branch members

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2018/10/wher ... s?lang=eng

Putting to one side the Primary style article, written as if the reader is six years old...

Note the use of the phrase "may be". Also note the phrase "Providing welfare and humanitarian efforts" - this isn't accurate. There's a separate donation category for humanitarian aid, and Fast offerings, not tithing, are used for welfare.

The Church is still being deceitful. Definitely not transparent.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Re: Where Tithing Money Goes - Ensign October 2018

Post by _reflexzero »

...carefully worded denials...

-LDS Church Gospel Topic Essay

The precedent has been in place for generations.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

You earn money.

You donate 10 percent of your income for tithing (see Doctrine and Covenants 119).

You give your tithing to a member of your bishopric or branch presidency or submit it online at donations.LDS.org.

At Church headquarters, the First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and Presiding Bishopric are the Council on the Disposition of the Tithes (see Doctrine and Covenants 120). As directed by the Lord, they make inspired decisions on how these sacred tithing funds will be used.

Tithing may be used for:

Constructing and maintaining temples, churches, and other Church-owned buildings

Operating Church-education programs

Printing scriptures and other materials

Doing family history research

Providing welfare and humanitarian efforts

Doing missionary work

Providing Church activities for fellowshipping among ward or branch members

Oh and here all of this time I thought that the church wasn't being transparent with their finances. Silly me.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

When I think about all the money I've saved for myself by robbing Mormon jesus of his tithing it makes me brim with joy! The money is mine -- all mine. I worked for it. I labored for it. The money is mine, not Mormon jesus's. I'll never give that sorry sap or his stupid church so much as a wooden nickel ever again.

Best decision I've ever made was to leave that frickin church and keep the money all for myself! Robbing god is my pleasure!

:twisted:

:lol:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Malachi god wrote:Will a man rob Mormon god? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me!

Screw you! I'm not given you a cent! It's my money you rotten SOB!

:evil:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Mormon "jesus wrote:Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

You gonna burn me up, little jesus?

:lol:

Just try it, you little prick.

_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

What about investments, stocks, bonds, treasury, property, cattle ranches, etc, "as guided by the Lord"?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:What about investments, stocks, bonds, treasury, property, cattle ranches, etc, "as guided by the Lord"?

I think if there were to be a public forensic accounting of the Church treatment of funds and the personal financial affairs of general authorities, their families and associated companies, members might be slightly less inclined to forego food, heating and dentistry so they can pay the Lord His dues...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')