Prophet vs Satanist!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Prophet vs Satanist!

Post by _Maksutov »

Gordon B. Hinckley stood for something all right...SATAN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: Prophet vs Satanist!

Post by _spotlight »

Too bad it couldn't be a boxing match between the two. It'd be more entertaining and fun. Gordon Beelzebub Hinckley vs Russel Mormon Nelson refereed by Jesus Hurlbut Christ, with an Asian Handicap to Hinckley because he's already dead. :lol:
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

spotlight wrote:Too bad it couldn't be a boxing match between the two. It'd be more entertaining and fun. Gordon Beelzebub Hinckley vs Russel Mormon Nelson refereed by Jesus Hurlbut Christ, with an Asian Handicap to Hinckley because he's already dead. :lol:

Welcome to Blunderdome!
Two Frauds enter...one Fraud leaves! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Hinckley gets ahead on Points before it starts if he explains "Polygamy is not Doctrinal" and "We don't believe in Eternal Progression".

He automatically wins Round 1 if he comes completely Clean on Mark Hoffman!
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Maksutov wrote:Image

Gordon B. Hinckley stood for something all right...SATAN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If what dead prophets said really doesn't count, why are there any scriptures and why on earth would anyone read them?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

You can always trust the living prophets. Their teachings reflect the will of the Lord, who declared: “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same” (D&C 1:38).

https://www.lds.org/manual/true-to-the- ... s?lang=eng

Nelson is saying that^ isn't true. He's claiming that his predecessors didn't reflect the will of the Lord with their usage and promotion of the term 'Mormon'. In fact, he's claiming his predecessors facilitated numerous victories for Satan. He is plainly stating that "You cannot always trust the living prophets to reflect the will of the Lord in their teachings." Nelson is rebutting the D&C. In fact, he's publicly and repeatedly preaching against Church doctrine...Nelson is in apostasy.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

"Satan" is very evil. Hurry, everyone get scared!

Or, if you don't believe in god or follow the prophet, know that anything that evokes the word "Satan" is false, couldn't happen, not true.

"Satan" is a powerful word. Works miracles.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Do any of you think this newest pronouncement on the name Mormon is perhaps akin to President Nelson elevating the policy, of kicking the children of same-sex couples out of the Church, to a revelation?

It seemed like President Nelson made that booting the kids of same-sex couples revelation to his young audience in Hawaii in the same manner that I might add three exclamation points to some rant. It helped make his point, but was it really a revelation? I don't think it has been added to an official list of revelations.

Saying that Mormon was now a "Devil word" seems a lot like those three exclamation points. It perhaps was meant to paint the Church into a corner so they would have to abandon the well recognized Mormon brand name, but like that no kids allowed revelation, it's like one of those abuses where someone says their personal opinion comes from God. Due to his position, Mormons have to obey it and give a testimony as to its truthfulness - even though it was a short-sided idea that now forces members to call themselves COJCOLDSites.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace