Question for mentalgymnast

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Question for mentalgymnast

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Are you a Mormon?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Question for mentalgymnast

Post by _Shulem »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:Are you a Mormon?

President Russell M. Nelson said he wants people to stop using "Mormon," or "LDS" as substitutes for the full name of the religion: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

So, no, he's not a Mormon, anymore. However, he was a Mormon prior to the Great President Nelson finally figuring out that the Lord was not happy with his church for wrongfully using the name. But the Lord through the Great President Nelson has now corrected the church and all the previous church presidents for failing to discern the Lord's will. Truly the church is finally guided by a prophet who knows what the Lord wants his people to be called. It's a miracle! I'm convinced and am going back to church.

Mormonism is no longer Mormonism. It's The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsISM

:rolleyes:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shulem wrote:Mormonism is no longer Mormonism. It's The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsISM

Too much of a mouthful. Try COJCOLDSism. Mentalgymnast would be a COJCOLDSite or he might prefer to call himself a Member at Temple Square. Or maybe he prefers to keep his religious preference incognito - it's up to him.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Mormon no more
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Have we lost our trolls?
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Shulem wrote:Image

Mormon no more

These guys remind me of the three stooges. They have all the wealth and power they could possibly need at their finger tips. You would think they would surround themselves with some experienced media savvy professionals, and then listen to them. But apparently not. It seems like about every twelve months or so, they shoot themselves in the foot. Over and over again this happens. The church has pretty much used up all the social capital that Hinkely had created.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Rosebud wrote:Have we lost our trolls?

Pahleeeze. The proper term is now "latter-day schmuck". Everytime you use the term "trolls", Google is offended.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov