Nelson's New Divide

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Re: Nelson's New Divide

Post by _SteelHead »

In other news, the mad house is discussing what as good believing Mormons, they should change the board's name to, now that Mormon is verbotten.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

SteelHead wrote:In other news, the mad house is discussing what as good believing Mormons, they should change the board's name to, now that Mormon is verbotten.

There is no debate to be had, Nelson has made it clear (by revelation, apparently)

The board name MUST be: "The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints Dialogue & Discussion Board"

They could abbreviate it, but whilst LSD.com might be participant-appropriate, it's probably already be taken...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

For some, it will be even more difficult to abandon the term 'anti-Mormon, than it will be to stop using the word Mormon to self identify.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Fence Sitter wrote:For some, it will be even more difficult to abandon the term 'anti-Mormon, than it will be to stop using the word Mormon to self identify.

But the beauty of Nelsons latest brain fart, is it removes the term anti-Mormon from the Church's lexicon. Apologists are basically screwed.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

One of the proposed names:

How about Latter-day Saint Dialogue and Discussion?

Another

churchofjesuschristdialogue.org
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin