Nelson - Divine help comes at a price, 10% of your income.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Nelson - Divine help comes at a price, 10% of your income.

Post by _I have a question »

During Sunday afternoon's final session of a worldwide general conference, Latter-day Saint leaders continued a weekend-long theme of dealing with trials by relying on divine help, ministering and loving.

That divine help is available in the temple, said President Russell M. Nelson, who announced 12 new temples on Sunday afternoon during the final address of the 188th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

"My dear brothers and sisters, the assaults of the adversary are increasing exponentially, in intensity and variety," he said. "Our need to be in the temple on a regular basis has never been greater. I plead with you to take a prayerful look at how you spend your time. Invest time in your future and in that of your family.
You seem to have neglected the bit about investing 10% of your income...

"If you have reasonable access to a temple, I urge you to find a way to make an appointment regularly with the Lord — to be in his holy house — then keep that appointment with exactness and joy. I promise you that the Lord will bring the miracles He knows you need as you make sacrifices to serve and worship in His temples."

He said each church members needs the ongoing spiritual strengthening and tutoring "only possibel in the House of the Lord.

Has the stock portfolio taken a dive recently?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Re: Nelson - Divine help comes at a price, 10% of your incom

Post by _reflexzero »

”I promise you that the Lord will bring the miracles He knows you need as you make sacrifices to serve and worship in His temples."

I’m curious to know, after many visits to the temple, which part is the worshipping God part? I paid my full 10%, still didn’t get the divine part.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.